PDA

View Full Version : WTB Z32 300zx brake calipers, rotors and master cylinder.

kevie88
01-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Hello there everyone, I'm looking for brake calipers (front and rear), rotors and a master cylinder for a 1990-1996 Nissan 300zx turbo or non-turbo (Z32). If you have anything or have seen a car around anywhere, let me know! I will be needing front and rear eventually, so post up what you gots!!

-K

Hollywood
01-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Hello there everyone, I'm looking for brake calipers (front and rear), rotors and a master cylinder for a 1990-1996 Nissan 300zx turbo or non-turbo (Z32). If you have anything or have seen a car around anywhere, let me know! I will be needing front and rear eventually, so post up what you gots!!

-K

Kev I got the cylinder (used) from speedville for a good price. I got the 17/16 version, personally I would not bother with the swap if you dont get this peice, you need its power.

For rotors just get a set of drilled or slotted brembo's or KVR's. Many places in town sell both, your preference there.

Calipers you can get rebuilts for around 200.00 each from part source.

The braided lines I got from PDM.

I bought KVR carbon fiber pads, but I find them too hard, sure they can take a beating at the track and not wear much but I rather have a softer pad next time.

30mm or 26mm? Are looking for the iron or aluminum calipers? Nissan switchd from the aluminum's due to warpage from heat but for our cars we dont wiegh nearly as much as a 300zx so it's not really an issue.

Through my expierience the bonus is the aluminums are much lighter but the irons bonus is the brake line insert threads are iron as apposed to aluminum, you have to be VERY careful when tightening the aluminums.

P.S. I never got the 300zx rears but if you do, you need the ebrake cable too.

Boost Infested
01-29-2004, 08:53 PM
its cheap on ebay...

kevie88
01-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

30mm or 26mm? Are looking for the iron or aluminum calipers? Nissan switchd from the aluminum's due to warpage from heat but for our cars we dont wiegh nearly as much as a 300zx so it's not really an issue.

Through my expierience the bonus is the aluminums are much lighter but the irons bonus is the brake line insert threads are iron as apposed to aluminum, you have to be VERY careful when tightening the aluminums.

I'm leaning towards the Aluminum's for the unsprung-weight factor, I would imagine it will easier to find the 30mm ones but I'm not really picky.. once again I think the 26mm ones are attractive because they're (ever so slightly) lighter.

heh.. I've stripped out bike calipers before so I know what that can be like! :banghead: I'll grab some new banjo bolt crush washers and break out the torque wrench!

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Hollywood
01-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

I'm leaning towards the Aluminum's for the unsprung-weight factor, I would imagine it will easier to find the 30mm ones but I'm not really picky.. once again I think the 26mm ones are attractive because they're (ever so slightly) lighter.

heh.. I've stripped out bike calipers before so I know what that can be like! :banghead: I'll grab some new banjo bolt crush washers and break out the torque wrench!

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

The rebuild kits for the calipers are link 50-100 each depending what parts u are missing. There are a set of shims that come with them too that you will need, 2 pairs of them in fact. If you go with braided lines no banjo's needed. I bought mine from the junkyard and rebuilt them but the partsource thing is less hassel for sure.

Hollywood
01-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
its cheap on ebay...

Boost if you are going big HP for your KA which will mean big torque, you can soon get a adapter to use a corvette 6 speed tranni for a 240.

Boost Infested
01-29-2004, 09:36 PM
how much and which wrecker did you get yours from, Holly?

Hollywood
01-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
how much and which wrecker did you get yours from, Holly?

I think I paid around 200 ish for both, problem was that it was from the US so it was annoying hassels, they sent me a 26 and a 30! Fuckers!

kevie88
01-29-2004, 09:40 PM
argh!

I'm going to keep my eyes on ebay for the next little while and see if any good deals come by!

Boost Infested
01-29-2004, 10:27 PM
check here for us wreckers tons but pricy
http://car-part.com/

or call around calgary wreckers in the yellow page under auto recycling

kevie88
02-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I'm hooked up!! Thanks a lot to everyone who helped out. Big smokey lockups here I come!!