PDA

View Full Version : Edmund Oliver Gee (MKTG)

Rest26Less
01-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Has anyone had him before, I can not find this guy on rate my prof, so I was wondering if he is any better or worse than Marc.

mk007
01-23-2012, 12:03 PM
I had Edmund last semester for MKTG 317. I have never had a class with Marc but I would put money on Edmund being better than Marc. You need to attend every class and take notes on everything Edmund says, including all examples. It's very likely that those same examples will be on the midtern/final. Edmund calls on people to answer questions throughout the lecture, so be ready to answer questions.

almerick
01-23-2012, 10:14 PM
I had Edmund last semester as well. He's a great prof, knows his material well, but I would personally rather have Marc since he's the coordinator. Just participate in class discussions, do your SWOT/segments when he tells you to and it's pretty smooth sailing.

gt2871r
01-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by mk007
I had Edmund last semester for MKTG 317. I have never had a class with Marc but I would put money on Edmund being better than Marc. You need to attend every class and take notes on everything Edmund says, including all examples. It's very likely that those same examples will be on the midtern/final. Edmund calls on people to answer questions throughout the lecture, so be ready to answer questions.

Funny, I'd put money on Marc being better. After having him last semester he is one of my favorite instructors.

magicalpoop
01-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Edmund is a great proff and person.

With that being said, like others have said - Marc Boivin is the coordinator for the course.

You will be writing Marc's midterm and final.

What happened a few years ago I believe, was that another instructor decided to teach their "own" material. Obviously this resulted in the class average on the midterm being D/D+. I heard this proff did address this somehow or something.

I would imagine they would not let it happen again.

But this is Haskayne we're talking about, :rofl:

statick
01-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by magicalpoop
Edmund is a great proff and person.

With that being said, like others have said - Marc Boivin is the coordinator for the course.

You will be writing Marc's midterm and final.

What happened a few years ago I believe, was that another instructor decided to teach their "own" material. Obviously this resulted in the class average on the midterm being D/D+. I heard this proff did address this somehow or something.

I would imagine they would not let it happen again.

But this is Haskayne we're talking about, :rofl:

I know precisely to whom you're referring. He didn't teach after that academic year.

I'm not certain why Marc has this negative reputation; I had him and think of him as a great instructor.

magicalpoop
01-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by statick

I know precisely to whom you're referring. He didn't teach after that academic year.

I'm not certain why Marc has this negative reputation; I had him and think of him as a great instructor.

Marc is a great proff, he just has a few rude mannerisms but with that in mind - he is actually the most "real" professor I've ever had.

nicknolte
01-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by magicalpoop

Marc is a great proff, he just has a few rude mannerisms but with that in mind - he is actually the most "real" professor I've ever had.

For real. It's mind boggling so many people talk shit on him when he's one of the best profs in Haskayne