PDA

View Full Version : LF: Classic car transport

SR240SX
01-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I am in need of a company that does classic car transports across canada. I need 2 vehicles and a bike to be moved from Montreal to Calgary.

The cars are a 1972 SS Chevelle and a 1928 Ford model A, The bike is a 2002 Harley Davidson Soft Tail. All 3 are in pristine shape and need to be moved in the best and safest way possible. If anyone has an idea of a good company to do this please PM or post here, Thanks!

n1zm0
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
this one was the best i found (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Classic+car+transport+canada)

but really this looks reputable, plus they have bases here and in Montreal (http://www.lhf.com/hansens/index2.php)

another that claims is largest and most experienced in moving specialized cars (http://www.mackiegroup.com/services/auto-transport-vehicle-transport)

SR240SX
01-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Beleive me I checked google before beyond, Most companys I found seem to only carry 1 maybe 2 vehicles at a time. I really want to get it all done at once and also need tools and other things brought with the vehicles.

you&me
01-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX
Beleive me I checked google before beyond, Most companys I found seem to only carry 1 maybe 2 vehicles at a time. I really want to get it all done at once and also need tools and other things brought with the vehicles.

Most vehicle shippers start shying away if you need other items moved with the cars. Mackie is the first name that came to mind.

I've used Blueline Distribution when I need things moved FAST. They'll also be willing to carry your other stuff, but you'll need a flat deck truck to unload the vehicles once they arrive in Calgary (they transport in a regular semi trailer). Try calling Tom @ 905-875-4630

SR240SX
01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
There is quite a bit of stuff aside from the cars, I'm starting to think i'll need to just hire a guy to bring all the things seperate from the cars.

Thanks for the info I'll give them a shout today.

Tik-Tok
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
http://containerhouseplanss.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/40-Feet-Container.jpg

SR240SX
01-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Thought of that, but I really would prefer door to door shipping because I won't be there to move the cars anywhere, another reason I really need this done by professionals is because these have a huge sentimental value to me and couldn't afford to have anything happen to them in the process.

Graham_A_M
01-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Make a post on www.uship.com. People/companies will bid on your proposal and you can pick the one you like the best.

J@Tuner
01-27-2012, 12:13 PM
I would avoid uship like the plague. This isn't a normal daily driver you need to move, these are specialty cars and majority of the people on uship don't care enough about your prized possessions.

Sent you an email this morning with more info :)

Graham_A_M
01-27-2012, 06:27 PM
^ Really? I find that interesting. Im on a few Hot Rodding forums as per my '38 Chevy half ton street rod; and most people dont have a singular bad thing to say about much of any of the Uship vendors. Dont get me wrong there are a few idiots that are terrible; but their references will prove that very shortly. That site seems to be a popular website for a lot of people bringing projects & completed builds all over NA.

And yes, like that said '28 Ford; most of them are dealing in almost irreplaceable classics & 'Rods as well. ;)

Its no different then dealing with companies. Do your due diligence and call up their references. :dunno: Then find yourself a vendor with a good rate. Ive never dealt with them personally; but that was just a recommendation based on (hundreds) of other peoples experiences. Many very good transport companies use Uship as well.

Its just an idea though, there are a lot of very reputable car transport companies that can haul for you. I'd check out a Montreal based one (since a lot of people/dealers ship cars from the east to here as they're way cheaper) and just go from there.