PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run in parking lot of Superstore, 130th Ave SE

Vagabond142
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Approximately 1755 hours, January 23, 2012.

Was walking out of the Superstore, parked at the end of the middle row (where the cart return is in front of the big SUPERSTORE sign on the building). Hear a fart-can enabled vehicle puttering down the road that divides the store from the parking lot. He turns the corner into my lane, where I am walking close in (within half a meter) of the backs of the parked vehicles. I am almost to my car at the end of the lane.

All of a sudden, I hear a drop-shift and the gunning of an engine. Whip my head around, see nothing but headlights, leap sideways between two cars and feel the drivers side mirror smack my back and my leg bouce off his fender/door. He pulls a handbrake turn, I don't even think he noticed he hit me, and peels out down the middle lane and off onto the road, where he barely avoids being hit by a truck and then roars off towards Deerfoot like a douche.

I did call the police and gave the details, waited for them to arrive and gave a statement at the spot where I was hit. Ambulance was called at their discretion "just to be sure," was cleared okay by the paramedic. My leg is sore and my back aches a little, but there is not much I can do apart from walk it off and continue on. This post is only on the off chance, like in previous occasions on Beyond, lady luck smiles upon my fate and this assmunching cuntfarter is caught/spotted (pardon my language, I am a touch upset)

EDIT: The police did take a copy of the parking lot video surveillance, but I had a look at it over their shoulders and it happened so far from the store that all you see is one pixel smacking another pixel then doing a pretty awful slide around a corner while the other pixel leaps to its feet and yells bloody murder after the douchenozzle.

Details:

-1993-1997 generation red Civic Hatch (EG? EK? The ones that are all rounded and happy from the 90's). Lowered (not slammed though), fart can about 6 inches in diameter. Had xenon headlight conversion, and what sounded like a CAI (yes, I know I am describing about 3/4 of the Honda Civics in Calgary). BBS or imitation BBS GT wheels, gold colored, Y-spokes design.
-License plate HKA-###. And I'm not sure about the HKA, as the damned thing was CRUSTED in road grime from roof to road, including the license plate. Also not sure if it's a 3 or 4 number plate. As I said, dark + crusted in dirt = not so good for visibility
-Driver was approximately 20-25 years old, caucasian with either acne or very damned big freckles, had frosted blonde tip dark brown/black hair, wearing an unzipped grey or white hoodie over a light colored (like yellow or white) shirt. Looked to be about 160 lbs and I would guess 5'6" to 5'8" Was also wearing what looked to some kind of metal necklace, probably silver. EDIT: Also, narrow face with a hawkish nose, I think.

b.rock1
01-23-2012, 09:02 PM
my girlfriend lives in mckenzie lake so i'm in the area fairly often; that car sounds really familiar. will let you know if i see it around at some point.

GoChris
01-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Damn, that sucks. Just when you thought these fart cannons couldn't be anymore annoying.

Hope they catch the fucker.

Mibz
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
If his car were louder you would have heard him coming and gotten out of the way in time. Ban mufflers.

A790
01-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Simon, you are a magnet for douchenozzles.

triplep
01-23-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm in the area a lot (live in cranston) will keep an eye out for a red douchebag civic for you, etc etc.

But holy shit, that must be one of the most detailed descriptions I have ever heard!

xnvy
01-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Wow, that fuckin' sucks. I'll keep an eye out, lets hope we catch him. :whipped:

Nissanaddict
01-23-2012, 11:21 PM
That sort of rings a bell. I'm in New Brighton, I'll keep an eye out.

7thgenvic
01-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Hope the community finds this douche.

roopi
01-23-2012, 11:38 PM
That's alot of information/details you got there considering the situation you were in.

Sugarphreak
01-23-2012, 11:41 PM

Masked Bandit
01-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Amazing description! We're over in that area a couple times a week so I'll have a look.

This is the perfect time for some Beyond CSI to work it's magic.

A790
01-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Agreed.

Now he's got a limp and stiff back. In the security video you can very clearly see the car hitting him, but not the license plate.

It'd be great to see this douchenozzle charged. Hitting a pedestrian and then running? Fucker.

Vagabond142
01-24-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm not going to hold my breath, to be brutally honest. There are only about 17.5 million red Civic Hatchbacks in town, so it quite literally is the needle in teh haystack o_O

But if we get him... then I shall be happy. If not... well, hey, karma's a bitch and I'm sure he'll get his someday :devil: :whipped:

Zewind
01-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Unless the lic plate starts with a "B" it should be a 3 numbers.

If I see something, Ill forward you info:thumbsup:

n1zm0
01-24-2012, 02:43 PM
i'll try and keep a lookout when i visit my parents in mckenzie most weekends, unfortunately the mckenzie douglasdale area is packed full of the exact description of the car and driver, it's like a plague, plague of 'hardcore' upper middle class little shits in those neighborhoods with straight pipe fart cans.

Rat Fink
01-24-2012, 11:28 PM

G-ZUS
01-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Dude, that sucks. You're one of the nicest people on beyond. Hope they catch the fucker

:werd:

.... on a lighter note I always figured you wore battle armor around town, I'm a little shocked that you are sore :D

That's only when he goes to the NE

b.rock1
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
saw something that closely matched the description today on deerfoot southbound by 130th. what size were the rims? 17"?

speedog
01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by b.rock1
saw something that closely matched the description today on deerfoot southbound by 130th. what size were the rims? 17"? Suspect OP was busy enough with just trying to stay alive - noting specific details like wheel size was probably the furthest thing from the OP's mind at that point in time.

hurrdurr
01-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Reading > Me -

I live in Mckenzie towne - I'll keep my eye out.

A790
01-26-2012, 02:06 PM
saw something that closely matched the description today on deerfoot southbound by 130th. what size were the rims? 17"?
Did you get a license plate?

roll_over
01-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by hurrdurr
Theres a black EK Hatch with Pink Decals in mckenzie towne that fits that description. I'll cross reference plates next time I see it.

OP said it was red... sounds like so many cars in this area but the bbs's

Vagabond142
01-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by hurrdurr
Theres a black EK Hatch with Pink Decals in mckenzie towne that fits that description. I'll cross reference plates next time I see it.

I do know that the car was red, so a black hatch would not match.

And yes, to the other suspected vehicle, unsure of wheel size.

I'm not entirely sure if they were BBS or Enkei or cheap-o knockoffs (very possible), but they did have the spoke design that is a spoke from the hub, splitting to two spokes to the rim, in a Y fashion, which is something that I've seen MOSTLY with BBS wheels

Update on me:
I'm doing better. Back is feeling much better with rest and a little light stretching. My ankle/calf is still sore, I still can't put 100% weight on it, but I would say I'm near to 80% weight. I expect to be back to normal next week, maybe with a little twinge of pain here or there if I move my back wrong.

I'm just glad my reflexes are still sharp!

Nitron88
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Did the red hatch have a decal 'illmotion' on the back of the window?

rizfarmer
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm in the area often and see a lot of the same vehicles; I'll keep my eyes open for you. Otherwise good luck.
On a side note, I've had two vehicles smashed in parking lots on that side of 130th- both soccer moms in trucks who at least left notes.

Originally posted by roopi
That's alot of information/details you got there considering the situation you were in.

really? amazing what you can remember when you have half a brain.

JRSC00LUDE
01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Dude, that sucks. You're one of the nicest people on beyond.

I'm personally offended by this comment.

b.rock1
01-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

I do know that the car was red, so a black hatch would not match.

And yes, to the other suspected vehicle, unsure of wheel size.

I'm not entirely sure if they were BBS or Enkei or cheap-o knockoffs (very possible), but they did have the spoke design that is a spoke from the hub, splitting to two spokes to the rim, in a Y fashion, which is something that I've seen MOSTLY with BBS wheels

Update on me:
I'm doing better. Back is feeling much better with rest and a little light stretching. My ankle/calf is still sore, I still can't put 100% weight on it, but I would say I'm near to 80% weight. I expect to be back to normal next week, maybe with a little twinge of pain here or there if I move my back wrong.

I'm just glad my reflexes are still sharp!

I did actually get a license plate; I guess I asked about the wheel size more in terms of rough size. I couldn't tell the exact spoke design since we were rolling on deerfoot, but they could very well have been BBS mesh-style.

It's more that the wheels looked a bit large on the car, which on an EG is anything beyond 16".

Just don't know if I should go around posting some poor guys license plate if it's not actually him. It did seem to match the description though; it was hella dirty, red, EG chassis, and had a fart can that looked like a Vibrant muffler/knockoff.

A790
01-26-2012, 06:24 PM

I did actually get a license plate; I guess I asked about the wheel size more in terms of rough size. I couldn't tell the exact spoke design since we were rolling on deerfoot, but they could very well have been BBS mesh-style.

It's more that the wheels looked a bit large on the car, which on an EG is anything beyond 16".

Just don't know if I should go around posting some poor guys license plate if it's not actually him. It did seem to match the description though; it was hella dirty, red, EG chassis, and had a fart can that looked like a Vibrant muffler/knockoff.
Give Vaga the plate number. If it is the wrong guy no harm done, but if it's the right guy you got yourself a free dinner for two at my bistro :)

- Cam

JfuckinC
01-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by A790

Give Vaga the plate number. If it is the wrong guy no harm done, but if it's the right guy you got yourself a free dinner for two at my bistro :)

- Cam

oh shitttt, its like that now eh?!

i might just go drive around the south for a while, i love JS's bistro haha :drool:

kvg
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
I work in the area, I'll keep and eye out.

Vagabond142
01-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by rizfarmer

On a side note, I've had two vehicles smashed in parking lots on that side of 130th- both soccer moms in trucks who at least left notes.

I've had the front bumper of my car ripped off in that parking lot in September, literally the first shopping trip I made there. I think from here on out, I'll be doing my grocery getting at the Deerfoot Meadows superstore.... I just seem to be cursed with the Superstore at 130th :thumbsdow

I really must say, and I mean this, I appreciate the outpouring of support and eyes out. Thank you, all. :thumbsup:

EDIT: The wheels LOOKED like this (granted, they were spinning, but they looked like this except gold colored), and they could have been knockoffs/cheap-o's:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/BBS_BMW/GT_files/wheelPic_7-21-2004_35.jpg

A790
01-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

oh shitttt, its like that now eh?!

i might just go drive around the south for a while, i love JS's bistro haha :drool:
Yep. It's like that.

If somebody correctly identifies the car and Simon is able to ID the guy, free dinner. I'm talking appetizer, dinner, and dessert. :)

Vagabond142
01-27-2012, 08:19 PM
The car that b.rock saw was NOT the car in question. Everything but the license plate matched, apparently :banghead:

Ah well, it's a needle in a haystack in a field of haystacks the size of Calgary. As I said, I appreciate everyone's diligence :thumbsup:

Z_Fan
01-27-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm over in this area a lot. I've actually seen (a couple or few weeks ago) this same car. Pretty sure, because he was driving like a fucking douche canoe and while I am almost totally de-sensitized to ass hats in civics, I took note of the dirty red civic with gold rims. My guess is that it is the same moron.

Anyhow, I'll keep my eyes open too.

I'm sure there are several similar cars. But it's only so often you find one driving like such an idiot ... that it kind of stands out. Glad you are OK...as it could have turned out a lot worse I guess.

:whipped:

Supa Dexta
01-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I live down that way.. But I havent been home in a couple of months.. :rofl: He'll likely be found long before I'll be back to watch out for him.

A790
01-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Any updates here?

Free dinner at my bistro if you nail the wanker!

desi112
01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
gotta get this guy for sure.

Adrenaline101
01-30-2012, 10:25 PM
I live close by now so Ill keep my eye out. Saw 2 red hatches yesterday and didnt even know about this thread

CanmoreOrLess
01-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Anyone see a car matching the description, take a photo with your phone when safe and all under cover and such. Post it (when and where) and let the detectin' begin.

Vagabond142
06-15-2012, 08:17 PM
UPDATE:

I was driving home from a bad day at work today, quite grumpy...

(and this is HEAVILY paraphrased)

*RING!* (tap bluetooth headset) "Y'eeeello?"

"Hi, this is Constable Policy McOfficer with the Calgary Police Service. Is this Mr Vagabond 142? (real name withheld XD)"

"Ummm... yes?"

"This is a courtesy call to let you know that we have a suspect in custody for an unrelated matter that matches the description in your case, as well as his car matching the description you gave."

"REALLY??!?!?!!?" (I pull off into Deerfoot Meadows here and park so I can focus on the call)

"Yes. He was alledgedly involved in a hit and run accident while street racing, allegedly hitting a parked Porsche Cayenne Turbo and fleeing the scene in front of witnesses. At this time, he is a person of interest in relation to your case, and a named suspect. We will keep you informed of any developments. Do you have any questions?"

Long story long, it sounds like they have the bastard in custody, his car is nearly a write off, and they are pursuing an investigation using the video evidence, my statement, and the notes from the officers attending the scene.

Here's hoping they nail it to him so I can stand up in court, point, and do a Nelson "HAW HAW!" at him.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I jsut want to reiterate, it was awesome seeing the support back in January from the forums... not to be too un-geeky, I mean I do have a reputation to uphold, but seriously, from the depths of my soul: thank you

kvg
06-15-2012, 08:54 PM
That is great news!! Hopefully he looses his license:thumbsup:

GQNammer
06-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by kvg
That is great news!! Hopefully he looses his license:thumbsup:

LOL!

Only in Canada that a suspect of a hit and run of a pedestrian and a hit and run of another vehicle do we expect him to at most lose his licence

e31
06-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer

LOL!

Only in Canada that a suspect of a hit and run of a pedestrian and a hit and run of another vehicle do we expect him to at most lose his licence

I hope he at least gets house arrest, except during work hours, and unsupervised excursions 5 days per week...:thumbsdow

Wow, this reminds me that we need justice outside of our "justice system" more than ever. Like the Texas beatdown thread.

CanmoreOrLess
06-16-2012, 09:46 AM
I would like to see this hit and runner get a bit of time in jail and a nightly reach around by his bunkmate Bruce. I'd think the Porsche Cayenne Turbo owner would appreciate the extra attention Bruce offers to those asshats that hit and run.

Vagabond142
06-24-2012, 02:36 AM
Final update for the thread:

I was debating posting this for a bit, because it does concern what is now a legal proceeding. However, you guys have been supportive, so I decided you deserve to know how it's all proceeding:

I got a call ~3 pm Friday (june 22) from the same Constable that called me before. He called to let me know that Driver McHitnrun has been formally charged with both Traffic Safety Act offenses (drive carelessly; leaving the scene of an accident) and two criminal charges (criminal dangerous driving; criminal hit and run involving a pedestrian), in relation to my case. Also, his license has been indefinitely suspended pending the results of his legal proceedings, as he is considered at risk to reoffend (I would assume in relation to the street racing charge).

How I feel about this:

I'm just happy he was caught, charged, and is now at the mercy of the courts. I am fully ready to appear on the stand to testify against him. I just hope he smartens up and pleads guilty.

I never imagined that it would end up this way. I'm super happy that he's off the road, and I'm relieved that the police feel that there are solid enough grounds and evidence to support not one, not two, not three, but FOUR charges in relation to my case :clap: :clap:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk13/Vagabond142/superw00tplz.jpg
And now I'm going to bed.

TomcoPDR
06-24-2012, 03:23 AM
:thumbsup: props for following thru

Kloubek
06-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Just saw this thread. What a great ending!!!

Can't believe (or can I?) this guy was hit-and-running multiple places. That's just retarded.

Disoblige
06-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Awesome!

J-D
06-24-2012, 11:39 AM
What a tool. Glad he got caught, although it's kind of disconcerting that the only reason he ended up being charged was because he was stupid enough to have a second hit and run so soon.

Canmorite
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Awesome updates :thumbsup:

Vagabond142
07-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I said last update was final update. I lied o_o

I jsut got off the phone about 10 minutes ago with a very eloquent, well spoken lawyer, who also happened to be a crown prosecutor.

Mr Hit n Run plea bargained, and I think his defense lawyer said "take this and run with it, or be ready to get hammered." He admitted guilty to criminal hit and run, criminal dangerous driving, and leaving the scene of an accident, + 3 other charges from the Porsche incident.

AFAIK, in relation to my case, he has voluntarily rescinded his license and needs to have court approval to regain one, if they ever let him. His vehicle was forfeited. From what I was told, he admitted guilt to have the TSA infractions suspended, and a big criminal charge from the Porsche case suspended as well. Note: suspended, not commuted.

The sentence, as entered into the register, is 5 years less time served in pretrial holding (so about a month), with parole option in 3 years pending good behavior and satisfactory completion of correctional education.

So, in sum:

-Asshole is in jail for 3 years minimum :D

sillysod
07-16-2012, 10:35 AM
YAY!

I had some woman smoke my work truck and peel out at Chinook centre about 3 months ago. Witnesses saw it and recorded the info. After about 2 weeks the Officer called me to tell me they made an arrest.

Woman in her mid 40's driving a car registered to her mother because she had 4 different impaired driving charges and had no license.

She is going to court next month so we will see what happens. The police officer said that because it is hit and run (not just impaired) she will likely get some jail time. IMO she should be doing time for the multiple impaired charges, but hey what do I know.

Vagabond142
07-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Yay indeed! http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk13/Vagabond142/superw00tplz.jpg

To be honest, I'm glad it got taken care of quickly and before going to trial. I wasn't suffering any emotional distress or anything, but it's just a good feeling to know that he's off the streets for now, and possibly the rest of his life (unless he rides a bus)

DEATH2000
07-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
Woman in her mid 40's driving a car registered to her mother because she had 4 different impaired driving charges and had no license.

Your first offense for impaired is usally a $1,200 fine. You dont see any jail till at least your 3rd, or fourth. And even then its usually less then 90 days.