PDA

View Full Version : Anyone took online through Athabasca?

James Winz
01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Im thinking about taking an online class this summer through Athabasca either the equivalent to Marketing 317 or MGIS 317, to clear up some room for my last year as my schedule is pretty packed. Has anyone had any experience with Athabasca? Easy, hard??

jwslam
01-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I took MKTG341 and ORGB368 (hrod equivalent)

It's not hard nor easy. They're just really picky on your writing assignments and you really need to read like no tomorrow.

I actually read every page of that damn marketing textbook. As for the HROD i could've cared less to read all of it. Skimming the book got me a C.

jaysas_63
02-02-2012, 08:23 AM
i took an environmental chem course at athabasca about 7 years ago (chem 330 i think?)

the material itself is pretty easy compared to university classes, problem is there is NO motivation to study. i defered my final deadline about 3 times before i just gave up on the class (cost abt 75 bux for each deferal iirc) :rofl: took me about 6 months to go through 25% of one of the modules lol

so if you are a self motivated studier thats proactive, its a good idea, otherwise stay away hahaha

94CoRd
02-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I am just finishing up a course right now through Athabasca. I wouldn't call myself a motivated studier - but it's pretty easy compared to a 'regular' post secondary course.

A little tip - when you sign up, choose the course start date for the next month. So for example sign up now to start March. Your books and stuff will arrive in about a week and you can get a head start on the first assignment. When the class starts - submit the first assignment and relax until you feel like signing up for the midterm. This gets you about an extra 3/4 of a month extension on the contact end date.

Good luck

craigcd
02-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I finished my degree with AU, the hardest part is keeping motivated. Found it tough but do-able while working, parenting, and being a husband and that was typically with a three class course load. My advice is to set your exam date sooner than later so you have a goal to finish and make sure to not defer the date like jaysas_63 haha. Aside from that it is simply reading, studying, and assignments.

J-D
02-02-2012, 03:46 PM
http://haskayne.ucalgary.ca/files/haskayne/Letter%20of%20Permission%20Guidelines.pdf

Looks like only non-commerce options will transfer.