PDA

View Full Version : Firefighter looking for PT work

DeathBy240
01-24-2012, 09:47 PM
My brother just got hired on in Airdrie as a firefighter and he's looking for some part time work to fill up his off days and make some extra money.

Before he got into firefighting, he did hazmat work and other manual labour type jobs like installing gas fireplaces. Pretty handy and mechanically inclined.

He'll be here mid-Feb and schedule will be 24 on 24 off 24 on then 5 off. Anyone know of anything that may work?

Power_Of_Rotary
01-29-2012, 05:51 PM
with a schedule like his a way to match it would be security work. Usually security work is 4 on 4 off for full time. So im sure part time something could work out?

78si
01-29-2012, 07:28 PM
My buddy hired a couple firefighters to work at his fitness store. (Flaman Fitness)

ExtraSlow
01-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Could probably get a job as a swamper for various local trucking outfits. The guys who deliver drywall are usually looking for swampers. I did a single day's work for Shoemaker Drywall once, I was too out of shape to hack it, but that may not be a problem for your bud.

vengie
01-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 78si
My buddy hired a couple firefighters to work at his fitness store. (Flaman Fitness)

This, I have a few buddies that work as weight room monitors on their off days

DeathBy240
03-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Anyone have any other suggestions?

CanmoreOrLess
03-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Light fires?

I used to know a few firefighters who built pre-fab garages. From April to November they built them outside, October to March they built inside. All these garages were loaded on trucks every couple of days and sent off to be set up on site year round. Anyone can build a prefab after you've done a few. Good to employ FF as they can work a few days in a row and another group of FF come in.

ATCO might be a place to drop by and ask.

DeathBy240
03-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
Light fires?

I used to know a few firefighters who built pre-fab garages. From April to November they built them outside, October to March they built inside. All these garages were loaded on trucks every couple of days and sent off to be set up on site year round. Anyone can build a prefab after you've done a few. Good to employ FF as they can work a few days in a row and another group of FF come in.

ATCO might be a place to drop by and ask.

LOL at lighting fires. The pre-fab garages would be right up his alley. Do you happen to know who they worked for? Thanks!