PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Inspection Report for Insurance

PartyintheKorea
01-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Just wondering what exactly happens after I fax/email a copy of the completed report?
Do the insurance ppl actually contact the mechanic who did the inspection? Or will they just take a look at it to see if it passed?
The 'has the vehicle been altered for speed or performance' box is checked as 'yes' so I'm scared TD will actually call the mechanic and ask them how it's modified.

Thanks.

Masked Bandit
01-25-2012, 10:34 AM
As a general rule the underwriters will give it a quick look and check to see if it passed. Then it goes in a file to never again see the light of day. However with the "modified" box checked they won't call the mechanic, they'll call YOU. At that point you can either tell them the truth or lie and potentially void your policy.

PartyintheKorea
01-25-2012, 03:04 PM
thanks for the info.

Kardon
01-25-2012, 05:18 PM
You could also call up that guy on Kijiji who will drive to your house to do the inspection, and you don't pay if you don't pass. I doubt he would check off that box asking if a vehicle has been modified for performance

PartyintheKorea
01-26-2012, 11:36 PM
any links?

Kardon
01-26-2012, 11:41 PM
looks like the same guy, not sure if he still offers the dont pay if dont pass, you can always ask, only $50.
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-automotive-services-auto-insurance-financing-Mobile-Insurance-Inspections-50-Call-Text-or-Email-Anytime-W0QQAdIdZ349614528

guessboi
01-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
As a general rule the underwriters will give it a quick look and check to see if it passed. Then it goes in a file to never again see the light of day. However with the "modified" box checked they won't call the mechanic, they'll call YOU. At that point you can either tell them the truth or lie and potentially void your policy.

You mean the underwriter will call the broker? :D
But yes...all the underwriter will do is take a quick look to see if you passed...then off to the next policy. lol.

Masked Bandit
01-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by guessboi

You mean the underwriter will call the broker? :D
But yes...all the underwriter will do is take a quick look to see if you passed...then off to the next policy. lol.

OP says he's with TD = no broker to keep him out of trouble. It's straight to the wolves...errr...I mean underwriters...:rofl:

PartyintheKorea
01-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

OP says he's with TD = no broker to keep him out of trouble. It's straight to the wolves...errr...I mean underwriters...:rofl:

oh well, what's the worst that can happen? tell them my car is lowered? lol and thanks kardon I'll keep it in mind just in case.

HO2S
01-28-2012, 12:21 PM
When I do insurance inspections, I dont really count lowering, cai, and exhaust's as modifications. If it has a bottel of nitrous or a after market turbo or supercharger, then I will check the modified box. Most techs I talk to have the same attitude that I do.
And yes, I have gotten a few phone calls from insurance companys. so it does happen.

PartyintheKorea
01-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by HO2S
When I do insurance inspections, I dont really count lowering, cai, and exhaust's as modifications. If it has a bottel of nitrous or a after market turbo or supercharger, then I will check the modified box. Most techs I talk to have the same attitude that I do.
And yes, I have gotten a few phone calls from insurance companys. so it does happen.

well that's bad news. do you usually get calls from a certain few insurance companies?

HO2S
01-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by PartyintheKorea

well that's bad news. do you usually get calls from a certain few insurance companies?
Out of hundreds of inspections, Ive only got a few calls. Its usually only when its on a really weird car or somthing looks amiss. Most of the calls Ive gotten have been from rhd suff. as long as your car is safe and not hacked together, you have nothing to worry about.

My personal cars are insured with td. And Ive never had a problem with them. In fact they dont have a problem with me doing inspections on my own family members cars.

PartyintheKorea
01-28-2012, 02:36 PM

Out of hundreds of inspections, Ive only got a few calls. Its usually only when its on a really weird car or somthing looks amiss. Most of the calls Ive gotten have been from rhd suff. as long as your car is safe and not hacked together, you have nothing to worry about.

My personal cars are insured with td. And Ive never had a problem with them. In fact they dont have a problem with me doing inspections on my own family members cars.

oh ic. thanks for the info.

Hage69
01-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
looks like the same guy, not sure if he still offers the dont pay if dont pass, you can always ask, only $50.
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-automotive-services-auto-insurance-financing-Mobile-Insurance-Inspections-50-Call-Text-or-Email-Anytime-W0QQAdIdZ349614528

Ya he still does the no charge if it doesn't pass just had a buddy use him not to long ago

95teetee
01-28-2012, 09:28 PM

In fact they dont have a problem with me doing inspections on my own family members cars. my former boss always had his brother fill out all of his inspection forms for his and his kids' vehicles.

...errr I mean he always had him inspect them:D

1JZ-Soarer
01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
that kijiji guy has done at least 6 of my cars. not a bad dude but he will put his name on almost anything hes signed off on a couple of my cars without seeing if they even had an engine in them so if you you need one check him out

Kloubek
01-28-2012, 10:57 PM
...and he won't mention the performance mods. I had a 425hp 300zx, which was apparently not modded for speed. :)

guessboi
01-29-2012, 12:15 AM
^ sounds like a nice dude. but very crazy on his part. LOL. :rofl: