PDA

View Full Version : Touchstone Insurance - Who Can We Help?

Masked Bandit
01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I will start off by saying that no insurance brokerage can be all things to all people. With that said, our focus is on home & auto insurance along with toys (motorcycles, boats, RV’s, etc.). By partnering with the right insurance companies we can use our considerable industry experience to be a leader in the personal insurance business. There are certain market segments that we are absolutely the wrong people to ask, and if that’s you, we will let you know right away. We won’t waste your time trying make something fit that just isn’t our specialty.

So who are some typical people that we can potentially save a lot of money for? Well, if you currently have your home insurance with one company and your auto insurance somewhere else, it’s a good bet we can find some discounts for you. Also if you are currently married or common-law and the auto policies of both spouses are with different carriers, you’re probably paying more than you have to.

If you currently work for ANY level of government, there are discounts for that. That includes the guy who works in food service at a hospital for example. Since when does a cook get a discount on their insurance? Well, when he works for the Government of Alberta he does! Other occupations that can trigger discounts with some of our companies are things like anything finance related, healthcare, engineering, or even I.T.!

It also seems as of late we’re doing quite well against State Farm, Allstate and Cooperators.

We have a unique advantage with one of our insurance carriers, Pembridge. Generally speaking one of the factors that impacts your insurance pricing is how long you’ve had continuous, unbroken insurance. So if you’ve been licenced for many years but for whatever reason went for a couple of years without insurance you may be paying some pretty high rates. With Pembridge, if you’ve had insurance for two or three years (and licenced for at least five or six years) we can give you the same rates as someone who has had insurance for the full five or six years! This can translate into some pretty big savings.

So visit our website or give us a call and let us review your insurance policies. Even if we can’t save you any money, at least you’ll know that you’re getting the best price you can.

Thanks,
Bill Eckhart
President & Owner

Touchstone Insurance Inc. (http://www.touchstoneinsurance.ca)

G-ZUS
01-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Link to website? :)

Mibz
01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YEkmC.png

G-ZUS
01-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
http://i.imgur.com/YEkmC.png

My bad, have sigs disabled and didn't see the site in his sig.

Mibz
01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Ah, then that's my bad, I should have considered that :P I suppose my post -did- give you the link so it wasn't completely useless, haha.

adam c
01-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Ah, then that's my bad, I should have considered that :P I suppose my post -did- give you the link so it wasn't completely useless, haha.

except he can't click on the link and must type it in manually... lots of lost revenue on that part

Masked Bandit
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Link to website? :)

Hey G-ZUS,

It looks like Mibz has already done my job (thanks Mibz) but I've updated the original post.

Cheers!
Bill

Modelexis
01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Exactly what info does a person need to give you in order to get an accurate quote and can it be done over the phone or do you need some sort of documents faxed/emailed?

GQBalla
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM
just submitted for a quote on my 2004 honda cbr600rr!

Masked Bandit
01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
Exactly what info does a person need to give you in order to get an accurate quote and can it be done over the phone or do you need some sort of documents faxed/emailed?

You can either fill out the quote forms on our website or give us a call (403-457-5758) and we'll chat. Whatever works for you!

Masked Bandit
01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
just submitted for a quote on my 2004 honda cbr600rr!

Nothing came through on our end? Are you running IE 9? For some reason requests submitted when running IE 9 don't work. Let me know or just send us a general email to [email protected]

Masked Bandit
01-27-2012, 09:09 AM
I just wanted to give you guys a heads up with regards to a new broker in our office. His name is Darren and he brings with him 18 years of car industry experience. It's all been here in Calgary so some of you may have already done business with him at various dealerships.

Cheers & Happy Friday!

ercchry
01-27-2012, 10:55 AM
just sent you an email... i guess its a semi emergency... since wawa dropped the ball pretty good :nut:

ercchry
01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
look at that... 4 hours later and 30% has just been knocked off our home and auto policies :eek:

:love:

Masked Bandit
01-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Just doing my job. Thanks for the business!

Masked Bandit
02-02-2012, 09:03 AM
I just wanted to repost on of the paragraphs from the start of this thread:

"We have a unique advantage with one of our insurance carriers, Pembridge. Generally speaking one of the factors that impacts your insurance pricing is how long you’ve had continuous, unbroken insurance. So if you’ve been licenced for many years but for whatever reason went for a couple of years without insurance you may be paying some pretty high rates. With Pembridge, if you’ve had insurance for two or three years (and licenced for at least five or six years) we can give you the same rates as someone who has had insurance for the full five or six years! This can translate into some pretty big savings."

We had a perfect example of this yesterday. A guy calls up saying he's paying a little over $300 a month with one of the largest insurance companies in Canada. He had been licenced several years but only insured for three. Our price? $214. Ya, he was happy.

Dave P
02-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Touchstone Insurance - Who Can We Help?

You could help me out, and send me some submissions haha.

:thumbsup: For Touchstone.

Masked Bandit
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Dave, you guys already get 75% of my small CGL stuff, I just don't write that much of it. Don't worry, you're my fave :clap:

GQBalla
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Nothing came through on our end? Are you running IE 9? For some reason requests submitted when running IE 9 don't work. Let me know or just send us a general email to [email protected]

ohhh, yes i am

ahaha ill do it at home!

thanks! :D :D

GT.....O?
02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I pm'd you masked bandit, for a insurance question, maybe afterwards we can look into getting some quotes?

Masked Bandit
02-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by GT.....O?
I pm'd you masked bandit, for a insurance question, maybe afterwards we can look into getting some quotes?

I hope that helped. Let me know how it works out!

Hot_Wheelz
02-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Go Bill! Both my and my gf's cars are insured thru bill.. Nothing but 100% satisfaction!

Rhystar
02-05-2012, 04:38 PM
just did a quote online for a 98 outback :p

Masked Bandit
02-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Rhystar
just did a quote online for a 98 outback :p

Hi Rhystar,

I don't think anything came through on our end? Are you running IE 9?

Thanks,
Bill

A2VR6
02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
How long does it take you to respond to a quote request? Sent one in friday using ie8

Masked Bandit
02-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6
How long does it take you to respond to a quote request? Sent one in friday using ie8

Fixed! Damn rookie broker, messed up the email on his reply to you. Sorry about that!

Rhystar
02-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks bill! Saving almost 500 a year!! Great service and i think everrryone should give him a visit! He rly does know whatsup!

Jetta-2.0
02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
yep i calledfor a astimate and i was very happy with the numbers, that i was given, 1 crash on my name and if i go with these guys after my 1 year is over with allstate at the momment im able to put 1 car full coverage and still pay the same as what im paying right now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: my house and my 2 cars and my fiances car might be with you guys, but i want to do someshopping around to see what others have to offer but this is on top of the list at this momment :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Masked Bandit
02-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Rhystar
Thanks bill! Saving almost 500 a year!! Great service and i think everrryone should give him a visit! He rly does know whatsup!

You're welcome Rhystar, if you need anything else down the road you know where we are!

pf0sh0
03-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I previously got great rates and customer service from Bill for my old GSXR.. Awesome to see business is still good.

I sent you an email regarding a quote for a new motorcycle!

thanks

btimbit
03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Couldn't submit online using google chrome, will send an email later in the week

Masked Bandit
03-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
Couldn't submit online using google chrome, will send an email later in the week

We're actually in the process of having the site rebuilt due to...well...too many browsers don't work.

You can give us a call (403-457-5758) or send an email ([email protected]) and we'll get something worked up for you right away.

cwillgo
03-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Bill - as promised, you are my 5th post here :) For the guys that know me on this site R-Audi, Soloracer etc. Bill worked with me diligently for the past 3 days. Lots of back and forth via emails and phone calls. In the end, he was not only able to save me 12% (it doesnt sound like a lot, but i have a lot of stuff to insure and it adds up!), but also put me into a much better plan for all my vehicles and my properties. Very pleased with the professionalism and overall handling of the situation.

schocker
03-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Sent you an email Bill to get a quote on home/auto so I can ditch my horrible group rate with TDMM :banghead:

colinxx235
03-27-2012, 01:36 PM
^
pfft on a grandpa volvo can't be that bad anyways
:poosie:

I just got a quote from Darren at there, I was pretty surprised at how good the rate was. Be good to save a chunk of money!

Masked Bandit
04-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I've got some good new from our I.T. people. Since our site was launched we've had trouble receiving online quote sumbissions from some people using IE9, Firefox and I think even Chrome. It looks like they have finally found a fix for this and it should be implemented in the very near future. As always though, feel free to contact us via [email protected] or 403-457-5758.

Cheers!
Bill

schocker
04-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
^
pfft on a grandpa volvo can't be that bad anyways
:poosie:

I just got a quote from Darren at there, I was pretty surprised at how good the rate was. Be good to save a chunk of money!
It was $1400 Colin :eek:

Alright, well Darren at Touchstone got me all set up on my auto insurance and saved me about $650! This was coming from TDMM which which was a group rate and also multi-line as I had my house with them as well.

Thanks again guys :thumbsup:

JfuckinC
04-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Bought a truck at lunch on thursday, Darren hooked me up last minute thursday afternoon right before he was leaving for the weekend, wicked guy! happy with the rate as well.

I thought it was going to be a headache but it was super easy. I'll def be sending people this direction. :thumbsup:

menace3
04-14-2012, 01:10 PM
thanks again Darren for staying late last week on a thursday night before the long weekend just to finish up the insurance policies plus save me a lot in the auto/home insurance

thanks again

Masked Bandit
04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
If you guys keep praising Darren like this I'm going to have to give him a raise!

:D

colinxx235
04-17-2012, 07:49 AM
^

:rofl:

well he was a really great guy to work with. this was my first time getting insurance out on my own and he answered every question I had quickly and was always available to talk or instantly called back

ogie
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
If you guys keep praising Darren like this I'm going to have to give him a raise!

Am praising Darren Roy he help me with my kawasaki zx6r.

Thank you. :poosie:

Davex
04-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Just signed up with touchstone today, darren has helped me out immensely! Great rates too

Go4Long
04-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Just block beyond from his computer at work...problem solved. :poosie:

I've had all my insurance with bill for a couple years now, another satisfied customer here.

dj_rice
04-24-2012, 09:09 PM
I submitted a quote online on Friday as my renewal for Melonche Monnex is due in May but haven't recieved any quote yet. Just wanna make sure you received it

colinxx235
04-25-2012, 07:59 AM
^

I'd call or e-mail

Darren Roy
Touchstone Insurance Inc.
403-457-5758
[email protected]

turbotrip
04-25-2012, 08:52 AM
i will say that darren's persistance is quite impressive. i told my dad to call him for a quote around a month ago, and initially the quote was pretty close to what he was paying @ TD meloche monnex so he opted not to switch. over the next few weeks darren kept in contact, tweeking the policy until he somehow got it to ~$500 less than Meloche Monnex (with a professional membership) just on the cars, and said with the houses thrown in there he could save even more! needless to say he will be switching upon renewal

Davex
04-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
i will say that darren's persistance is quite impressive. i told my dad to call him for a quote around a month ago, and initially the quote was pretty close to what he was paying @ TD meloche monnex so he opted not to switch. over the next few weeks darren kept in contact, tweeking the policy until he somehow got it to ~$500 less than Meloche Monnex (with a professional membership) just on the cars, and said with the houses thrown in there he could save even more! needless to say he will be switching upon renewal :eek: thats awesome

what i like about darren so far is that when he talks to you and gets things setup, he makes it feel like you are the ONLY person he is dealing with. very personal , very rare!

Go4Long
04-25-2012, 09:50 AM
probably gets that from bill...Bill will talk your ear off too if you let him :poosie: jks...you da man bill

dj_rice
04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Emailed Darren :thumbsup:

G-ZUS
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
+10 for Darren & Bill

Masked Bandit
09-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Bump!

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just post some info in this one. We've started seeing a real trend over the last year in the marketplace. For a long time TD Meloche Monnex was the shit when it came to home & auto insurance, especially if you were APEGGA. Below is a real world example of what we can offer. I have changed the names for obvious reasons:

Sally & John both have professional careers, a young child and clean records.

Sally & John live in a four year old home in a nice suburb near the Bow River, no claims in the last five years. TD currently will not provide sewer back up coverage at any price and is charging them $926 a year. We wrote the policy today for $787 WITH FULL SEWER BACK UP coverage.

On the auto side, Sally drives a BMW SUV, John drives and Audi sedan and John has a beater that is parked at the moment. TD runs high deductibles, full coverage on the BMW & Audi with parked coverage on the beater, total annual premium of $2093. We chop the deductibles in half and write it for just a hair over $1600.

I've said many times before that we are not all things to all clients, but I know there are a ton of current TD clients on Beyond as well as a bunch of now ex-TD clients whom we have helped. The example above is now the norm, not the exception.

Cheers!
Bill

ExtraSlow
09-30-2014, 11:32 AM
I can second the fact that TDMM is not as good as they used to be, and in my case Bill and his team were able to get me better coverage for less money.

sneek
09-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Darren saved me more than $500 (He could have saved me more but I actually increased my coverage) by calling Touchstone :)

J.M.
09-30-2014, 11:46 AM
My TDMM policy is coming up for renewal pretty soon. Looks like I'll be giving Touchstone a call!

lee88
09-30-2014, 11:48 AM
+10 for touchstone!

Hallowed_point
09-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Filled out a form on your website..getting tired of AMA pricing.

A790
09-30-2014, 12:00 PM
I figure Bill has easily saved me $1,000 over the last two years. Call him!

hurrdurr
09-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Darren hooked me the fuck up.

Touchtone = Best.

Hallowed_point
09-30-2014, 01:58 PM
+100 for Darren Roy @Touchstone. Saving me about $600 off my premium switching from AMA on my Mustang GT. With better coverage for less premium. Unreal..glad I found this thread. I figured prices would be so close that it wouldn't be worth the hassle < wrong.

Give the man a raise! :burnout:

never
09-30-2014, 02:09 PM
My house coverage through Peace Hills was screwed because of last year's flood so I had Bill and Shelley swap me earlier this year. Saved $1000 on the home insurance and now I have better coverage. Plus I figured I should swap the car insurance too...saved about $1100 there with the exact same coverage.

Definitely happy and highly recommend Touchstone!

relyt92
09-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Also +1 for Touchstone. I've saved a bunch of money over the last few years being with them over a few different vehicles. The convenience alone makes it worth it.

BBursey
10-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Interesting to read about bettering TDMM. I have occasionally shopped around when my policy came up for renewal, but never saw a better deal. I just submitted a quote request to see how they compare - hoping for another good news story like the ones already posted!

Cheers,
Bryan

diamondedge
10-01-2014, 12:46 PM
+1 for Darren Roy. My renewal came up and my new premiums through Touchstone were still coming out less than TDMM (w/ APEGA membership).

Thanks Touchstone!

BBursey
10-01-2014, 01:48 PM
I got a call back from Shelley from Touchstone moments after hitting the submit button on the quote request form - I thought it was an automated "we received your request...", but no... she had numbers in hand that beat the pants of what I'm paying at TDMM. I'm very impressed... now to add in the condo insurance.

Anything we should be asking as "car guys" to ensure less expensive insurance doesn't compromise our rides someday if something goes wrong?

Cheers,
Bryan

Masked Bandit
10-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by BBursey
I got a call back from Shelley from Touchstone moments after hitting the submit button on the quote request form - I thought it was an automated &quot;we received your request...&quot;, but no... she had numbers in hand that beat the pants of what I'm paying at TDMM. I'm very impressed... now to add in the condo insurance.

Anything we should be asking as &quot;car guys&quot; to ensure less expensive insurance doesn't compromise our rides someday if something goes wrong?

Cheers,
Bryan

Bryan,

I looked over the quote Shelley did for you and it's the same coverage I have on my own personal vehicles. Nothing to worry about there. I'm glad we could help.

Cheers!
Bill

ercchry
10-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Bryan,

I looked over the quote Shelley did for you and it's the same coverage I have on my own personal vehicles. Nothing to worry about there. I'm glad we could help.

Cheers!
Bill

what if he's talking about mods.... cause last time i asked you.... thats not covered if say, your after market wheels are stolen

BBursey
10-01-2014, 06:19 PM

Bryan,

Cheers!
Bill

Hi Bill -

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't worried per se, but hadn't expected it to be so easy and straightforward, so thought I'd start my due diligence after the fact.

I'll be back in touch with Shelley to finalize things next week.

Cheers,
Bryan

FiveFreshFish
10-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by BBursey
Interesting to read about bettering TDMM. I have occasionally shopped around when my policy came up for renewal, but never saw a better deal. I just submitted a quote request to see how they compare - hoping for another good news story like the ones already posted!

Cheers,
Bryan

I was with TDMM from '89 to '14. Bill saved me >$900 on home and 2 cars.

cwillgo
10-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Bills awesome! He has great customer service and saved me decent money on my auto, house and rental property insurance with much better coverage over the last few years.

I had a recent incident where someone thought they could squeeze between my mercedes and a city bus and obviously failed miserably. The entire drivers side of my car was pretty much gone as was both sides of the other guys car. I ended up phoning Bill, he had a claim number and everything setup for me within 15 minutes of my phone call and how to proceed with the other insurance company given that it was another provider out of the US and i didnt have collision coverage on my car as i am 100% confident of my own driving abilities plus the car is older.

Bill gave me guidance on what info i needed from the police report to pass on, and offered up his own expertise advise on what else i should be aware of and do.

My car ended up being written off, but Bill was right on it! He had my insurance on the benz cancelled and had quotations pretty much prepared for me based on what replacement vehicles i was thinking about getting.

Fantastic customer service. I tell all my friends to switch to Bill when their policies are up.