PDA

View Full Version : Home Theatre Audio Calibration

ganesh
01-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I am looking for some one to calibrate the HT Audio. I have already done basic audio calibration using sound meter and pink tones. What I am looking for is some one to do liitle bit more advanced audio calibration.
Has any one here used a profeesional service which they can recommend?

Thanks

r3ccOs
01-25-2012, 09:06 PM
using a SPL meter, pink tones or frequency sweeps and the proper distance setup on your reciever should be sufficient...

same goes with a proper sub set... i.e. proper phase, proper active cross over point and a low point cross over on the amp @ 80 hrtz...

I don't use a cross over point on my front speakers, utalizing its full range, and used a spl meter with frequency tones to dial in the sub.

room treatment is much more important there-after...

JZS_147
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
what sort of equipment are you trying to optimize?

DGill
01-26-2012, 09:14 AM
hey gmack1 im sure futureshop hti can do it :rofl:

ganesh
01-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by DGill
hey gmack1 im sure futureshop hti can do it :rofl:

Well I am sure they can :)

ganesh
01-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by JZS_147
what sort of equipment are you trying to optimize?

Basic HT equipment. I have a HT power amp , processor with speakers.

JZS_147
01-26-2012, 04:29 PM
If it's legit decent HT stuff and you're actually using it to it's potential then I'll time align it for you for free. But I'm not going to waste my time if it's just a home theatre in a box lol.

ganesh
01-26-2012, 07:00 PM
If it's legit decent HT stuff and you're actually using it to it's potential then I'll time align it for you for free. But I'm not going to waste my time if it's just a home theatre in a box lol.
Thanks for the offer. Here is list of what I have,
Rotel 1565 and 1570
All the speakers are Monitor audio Gold series except the sub which is Velodyne. It all sits in dedicated HT room.
If you still intrested in doing this let me know. I don't want you to do this for free letme know what you want.

Thanks

JZS_147
01-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Rotels are nice! I don't have much experience with the processor but I'm sure I could figure it out. I'm more familiar with the Denons and Pioneers.

I've never heard the Monitor Golds before, but they have some good reviews.

ganesh
01-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Rotels are nice! I don't have much experience with the processor but I'm sure I could figure it out. I'm more familiar with the Denons and Pioneers.

I've never heard the Monitor Golds before, but they have some good reviews.
Cool. Let me know how much it is going to cost me ?
Also pardon me for asking this, do you have the equiptment to calibrate? What do you use?

JZS_147
01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Just an RTA, but I can get it pretty close by ear. I've done lots of setups, use to do pro audio as well.

ganesh
01-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Just an RTA, but I can get it pretty close by ear. I've done lots of setups, use to do pro audio as well.
Cool. YGPM