PDA

View Full Version : My new jeep

+GoOdS+
01-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Its a 97 jeep tj sport (4.0L 5spd), i have had it about a month and a half now, and so far i havent had any problems. It's a great vehicle lots of fun!

+GoOdS+
01-29-2004, 08:24 PM
another

+GoOdS+
01-29-2004, 08:24 PM
and the last one...

Dj_Stylz
01-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Looks good have fun with it:thumbsup:

hjr
01-29-2004, 09:02 PM
jeeps are neato. done any 'off-roading' yet? or just 4 wheels drifts on the ice? haha

nismodrifter
01-29-2004, 09:21 PM
nice whip :thumbsup:

thanks again for taking me out for a rip when you first got it :D :burnout:

SAiamNE
01-29-2004, 09:23 PM
My Cousin has a 97 TJ.. We went out on the lake with it and had some fun.. There awesome!
Those tires look nice on it..

Ekliptix
01-29-2004, 09:30 PM
That looks pretty nice. Jeeps are an awesome winter vehicle, especially when they make you appreciate how fast your summer car really is.

EstoMax
01-29-2004, 11:20 PM
my brother has basically the same car.. 97 tj sport 4.0.. i think same color even. except he cant drive it until next month... and he has soft top version. i drove it on the sidestreets.. its really damn torquey. i think it would beat my hyundai for sure haha

max

cbr_ryder
01-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Nice looking jeep! Hopefully the TJ's aren't anything like the YJ's... I had an '87 and had nothing but problems. It felt like I replaced every part on that thing, everything from brakes lines to transmission. Not to mention freezing my ass off in the winter. All aside it was deffinatley a fun vehicle and girls love it (especially with the top off and the 4" lift I had on it). Hope you have better luck with your Jeep than I did.

If your looking for a place to talk to people about your Jeep (ie:mechanical, after market) look up the Calgary Jeep Association. Good guys and they can tell you absolutley anything about your Jeep.

That.Guy.S30
01-30-2004, 12:03 AM
heres some advice..
i used to have a jeep yj also..
first thing if you can is get that thing undercoated cause they rust real fast in alberta conditions.
my jeep gave me nothin but problems also but it was a hell of a pimp ride.. o yea and some 10 inch subs in the back of the jeep will make alot of noise and sound great!

craigcd
01-30-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
heres some advice..
i used to have a jeep yj also..
first thing if you can is get that thing undercoated cause they rust real fast in alberta conditions.

Haha cbr_ryders jeep had undercoating...... on the inside no carpet..... thing was waterproof... and cold as hell. When it wasnt broken down, there was something that needed to be replaced..... after you replaced something you had to do it again, then again, and finally again just to make it the fourth time..... like the tranmission in a unheated garage in febuary. Wow it sucked....:banghead:

MK3HKS
01-30-2004, 02:11 AM
:clap:

nice jeep

masculine
01-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS
:clap:

nice jeep

:thumbsup:

aftermarket
01-30-2004, 04:55 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

+GoOdS+
01-30-2004, 05:49 PM
thanks for all the compliments, and i have done a bit of off roading and it has gotten me through everything so far, this spring im hoping to get out to mclean creek and have some fun. As far as the motor goes im very impressed the 4 litre pulls pretty strong and runs great, i think the specs are 195hp, 235 lb's of tourqe. The jeep is basicly stock except a few small things like k&n air filter, 31 inch tires, and the rear diff is a dana 44 i believe it was a option from the factory to have dana 44's put on insted of the stock dana 35's. but thanks for all the feed back if anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask:thumbsup:

GorG
01-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Yea i love jeeps or any type of off roading machine for that matter, or do you have any plans of doing anything to it like a lift kit :D

+GoOdS+
01-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Yea im not sure if im gonna lift it first or not, i was thinking of a turbo in the future but im still debating what i wanna do first it wouldbe nice to be around 270-300 hp before i get bigger tires. For a lift i was thinkin either a 4.5 inch lift with 33's or a 6 inch with 35's. i dont wanna go any higher then that but those are some thoughts i dont know what i will end up doing.

GorG
01-30-2004, 10:29 PM
6 inch i\with 35's would be nice! my friend has a white dogde ram thats been lifted 6 and slaped on some 35's, he put over 30,000 grand in it, it was well worth the money turned out so nice, where have you gone off roading?>?>?

That.Guy.S30
01-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by craigcd

Haha cbr_ryders jeep had undercoating...... on the inside no carpet..... thing was waterproof... and cold as hell. When it wasnt broken down, there was something that needed to be replaced..... after you replaced something you had to do it again, then again, and finally again just to make it the fourth time..... like the tranmission in a unheated garage in febuary. Wow it sucked....:banghead:

i wasnt talkin about cbrs jeep. all the jeep tj's i see on the road have rust right where the front bumper is.. and thats within a couple of months.. anyways.. i also had no carpet on the inside of my jeep.. its so when you go offroadin and get mud in the car you can spray or wash it out and open the drains to let the water out and dry without having the carpet smell!
and yea my jeep always broke.. stupid ass u joints.. i went through 4 of them in a span of less than a year.

if you ever plan on a lift get better u-joints!
a 3-4(3 suspension, 1 body) inch lift and 33 x12.5 inch tires looks the best in my opinion. plus its capable offroad for newbies and its not too bad for everyday driving. for some more horse if you do change to bigger tires change the gear ratio, install some headers, exhaust.. and supercharge that thing!

civic_stylez
01-31-2004, 05:12 PM
nice jeep man its good to see more people joining the jeep community!!!!