View Full Version : 2006/7 Camaro

m10-power
01-29-2004, 09:22 PM
http://www.320i.com/Files/5camaro01.jpg
http://www.320i.com/Files/5camaro02.jpg
http://www.320i.com/Files/5camaro03.jpg
http://www.320i.com/Files/5camaro04.jpg
http://www.320i.com/Files/5camaro05.jpg

Looks like GM realized their mistake...never mind the thousands of people telling them before they pulled the plug...

JordanLotoski
01-29-2004, 09:23 PM
loos awesome, but knowing them domestic designers it will look like shit when its out......look at the mustang....

Boostn
01-29-2004, 09:47 PM
That was just a concept by some kid done up for a magazine called Popular Hot Rodding. Definitely had nothing to do with GM. It was a big mistake to get rid of the Camaro and who knows if they'll ever reintroduce it. Knowing GM they'll probably bring it back as a FWD sportscar.

D'z Nutz
01-29-2004, 09:49 PM
It'd be cool if they came out with this though. I'd have to grow a mullet and start listening to RIO Speedwagon, cause I like the way this car looks!

sandman
01-29-2004, 10:08 PM
looiks great cept the headlights, iono, ssorta look off

ninspeed
01-29-2004, 10:26 PM
:repost:
been around for year or so...

It will be back.......

1badPT
01-29-2004, 10:33 PM
THATS how you do it GM. Fuck its about time. Maybe they'll re-engineer the GTO a bit, but this new Camaro couldn't possibly be made better. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D

LancerShelby
01-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Looks badass:hitit:

camarorcng84
02-09-2004, 12:56 PM
this car looks great but they need to rethink the front bumper and side skirts

t3rry
02-09-2004, 01:02 PM
all that is is a tooned (its a photoshopping terminology) oldskool camaro

Mahk Uno
02-09-2004, 01:04 PM
ITS REO SPEEDWAGON

gwkwan
02-09-2004, 01:04 PM
i fought they discontinue the camaro for good n the gto is the replacement

Mahk Uno
02-09-2004, 01:10 PM
As for the car..this would be a huge step in the right direction for all domestic muscle makers, geting back to the roots of styling instead of taking existing cars from australia caugh GTO caugh ie the new mustang seems to be heading that way.

mo_virgin
02-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
loos awesome, but knowing them domestic designers it will look like shit when its out......look at the mustang....

Dude WTF you talkin bout? THe Mustang is awsome!!! You have horrible taste... ML320? Thats the ugliest SUV on the road right now.

rice_eater
02-09-2004, 01:23 PM
I like it and it's nice that they are sticking to thier heritage and all, but shouldn't the goal in everything be to move ahead?

rice_eater
02-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin

Dude WTF you talkin bout? THe Mustang is awsome!!! You have horrible taste... ML320? Thats the ugliest SUV on the road right now.
he's talking about how the mustang concept looked a lot better than the final version, not that the car is complete shit

A2VR6
02-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Anyone knows what engine will be in that thing?

JordanLotoski
02-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin

hahahaha, the new mustang sucks....its gonna be a sad 4 year....why u ask..well i have to leave my house and see 40 of them a day....puke..and as far as the ML...thats my wifes..she had to have it..she loves it..i drive an 04 maxima:thumbsup:

t3rry
02-10-2004, 09:07 AM
mustangs are fords biggest mistake. who puts a 4 banger in a MUSCLE car?? never seen a camaro or a corvette with a 4 banger in it

Dave
02-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Fords biggest mistake? Then why are there so many of them on the road? cause people hate them? I don't think so. keep your dumb remarks to yourself.

But that camaro does look sweet:thumbsup:

m10-power
02-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by t3rry
mustangs are fords biggest mistake. who puts a 4 banger in a MUSCLE car?? never seen a camaro or a corvette with a 4 banger in it

You didn't look very hard then, they made 4 banger camaro's, as sad as that is...

Hollywood
02-10-2004, 10:35 AM
This camaro rules! I love it! Looks bad ass. The new mustangs are big peices of dog shit!!!! The new mustang looks like a girl car just like the thunderbird.

googe
02-10-2004, 11:29 AM
haha, the new mustangs have chrome spinners as a factory option, i find that hilarious

out with the fake hoodscoop and intakes, in with the chrome spinners

funny that the only car riced out from the factory is domestic :dunno:

xkon
02-10-2004, 11:44 AM
that camaro would be sweet, id buy one if it ended up like that.... i have a feeling it would have a backseat though, that one appears not to

Dave
02-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by googe
haha, the new mustangs have chrome spinners as a factory option, i find that hilarious

out with the fake hoodscoop and intakes, in with the chrome spinners

funny that the only car riced out from the factory is domestic :dunno:

Does this looked riced out? And why do some of you think this car is so ugly?

Mahk Uno
02-10-2004, 01:26 PM
I read somewhere recently i thin it was car and driver...anyhew it had a write up on what was called the Phantom Mustang sporting a v10 with a load shit of power...just wondering if anyone else caught wind of this little project X from Ford...if so everyone can look the fuck out cause it will anhilate any and all:burnout: i must admit, it makes me a little nervous to think this could be true.

Toms-Celica
02-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
The new mustang looks like a girl car just like the thunderbird.

:banghead:

1badPT
02-10-2004, 02:08 PM
The new mustang is :bigpimp: even if it doesn't match the concept 100%.

Akagi Redsuns
02-10-2004, 02:14 PM
I like the new Mustang since it's based from my favorite years of styling. I don't knowi if I can bring myself to own a Ford though.....maybe a GT :)

I like the new Camaro for the same reason if indeed those are legit pics. They are based from my favorite years of the Camaro.

1badPT
02-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah. I'll take a GT or a Mustang anyday :D

I'll admit these pics don't seem to match the styling cues on most of the other new GM products, so I do suspect these aren't real. If these pics aren't legit, GM should buy them and bring this classic back the way it should be brought back. I'm still pissed at the GTO atrocity. Here's a chance to redeem themselves.

MustangFreak
03-03-2004, 08:31 PM
OK, first let me tell all you Mustang Haters out there that the mustang is not a piece of shit, and as a mater of fact, I own one. I own a sonic blue 2004 Cobra mustang that I have had for 2 months. I drive the hell out of this car. And it holds up. It has been down the 1000ft., 1/4 mile and 1/2 miles tracks with many victories of course. My beast is pushing 425 to the rear wheels and the only money I put into it was a new pulley for the supercharger, and a multi-program flip chip. Not many faster cars around until u get out of arkansas, and into the exotics. The mustang LX they had in the day with a 4-cylinder was only created because of the fact that poor people could not even aford the V6 version. That 4-cylinder has 115 horsepower, not bad considering the 2004 Kia's are pushing about 97! The 4-cylinder was practical also. The camaro had its downfalls as well, figuring the V6 piece of u know what under the hood, sports car, well neither one at the time, and for a V8, start forking over the cash....the mustang has always been nicelly priced, with the V6 coupes for 04' starting at 16,500 and the GT starting at 22,000. I picked up my Cobra for 29,500 after the rebate with no money down, and no trade in. When the Camaro DID exist, the base Z28, (the only trim with an V8) its price was starting out at 27,500, way overpriced for what u get. The LS1 is not that great of a motor, all it was, was a glorified 350 out of a chevy wagon of some type, add some fuel injection, and aluminum heads, and slap LS1 on it. The camaro was a 5.7 Litre V8 with 290 Horsepower at the wheels, the Mustang was only a 4.6 Litre V8, with 260 horsepower at the wheels! Hmmmmm, more than a Litre difference, and only 30 HP, talk about over priced! Any way, camaro's werent discontinued for nothing.....GM ran out of options, and the camaro lost its pride to the mustang, I have not found a Z28 or SS that could take my Stang, but I prolly never will. Not to mention the 05 mustang that will arive at dealerships in September, the new GT base price starts out at 22,500, and will have 300 horses under the hood. Where could the camaro be, GONE! The crappy GTO took its spot, the concept above, is nothing but a child with a dream that will never come true. Thats all I have, so lets here it for the stang's.....They will live forever!:drama:......NOT to MENTION.....THE NEW MUSTANGS DO NOT HAVE THE SPINING WHEELS OPTION....DUMBARSE!!!

Merkur
03-04-2004, 12:36 AM
one more thing you forgot about 4 cylinder mustangs....the SVO, 2.3L turbo

ecstasy_civic
03-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by MustangFreak
OK, first let me tell all you Mustang Haters out there that the mustang is not a piece of shit, and as a mater of fact, I own one. I own a sonic blue 2004 Cobra mustang that I have had for 2 months. I drive the hell out of this car. And it holds up. It has been down the 1000ft., 1/4 mile and 1/2 miles tracks with many victories of course. My beast is pushing 425 to the rear wheels and the only money I put into it was a new pulley for the supercharger, and a multi-program flip chip. Not many faster cars around until u get out of arkansas, and into the exotics. The mustang LX they had in the day with a 4-cylinder was only created because of the fact that poor people could not even aford the V6 version. That 4-cylinder has 115 horsepower, not bad considering the 2004 Kia's are pushing about 97! The 4-cylinder was practical also. The camaro had its downfalls as well, figuring the V6 piece of u know what under the hood, sports car, well neither one at the time, and for a V8, start forking over the cash....the mustang has always been nicelly priced, with the V6 coupes for 04' starting at 16,500 and the GT starting at 22,000. I picked up my Cobra for 29,500 after the rebate with no money down, and no trade in. When the Camaro DID exist, the base Z28, (the only trim with an V8) its price was starting out at 27,500, way overpriced for what u get. The LS1 is not that great of a motor, all it was, was a glorified 350 out of a chevy wagon of some type, add some fuel injection, and aluminum heads, and slap LS1 on it. The camaro was a 5.7 Litre V8 with 290 Horsepower at the wheels, the Mustang was only a 4.6 Litre V8, with 260 horsepower at the wheels! Hmmmmm, more than a Litre difference, and only 30 HP, talk about over priced! Any way, camaro's werent discontinued for nothing.....GM ran out of options, and the camaro lost its pride to the mustang, I have not found a Z28 or SS that could take my Stang, but I prolly never will. Not to mention the 05 mustang that will arive at dealerships in September, the new GT base price starts out at 22,500, and will have 300 horses under the hood. Where could the camaro be, GONE! The crappy GTO took its spot, the concept above, is nothing but a child with a dream that will never come true. Thats all I have, so lets here it for the stang's.....They will live forever!:drama:......NOT to MENTION.....THE NEW MUSTANGS DO NOT HAVE THE SPINING WHEELS OPTION....DUMBARSE!!!

A few things for ya, as you seem to be so smart about this.
you would know that the LS1 and GT's hp#s are NOT at the wheels.
if a stock GT puts down 260whp, ill buy everyone on here lunch, thats BS.
Second, 4 banger mustangs needed 115hp because they were tanks, like 3000lbs.
Kia's that have 97hp weigh closer to 2600-2800lbs, that pretty much puts them even at performance.

Third, you havent found a camaro to beat your mustang??
you havent looked very hard lol
theres 1,xxx's of camaro's that would destroy a cobra with a pulley, I can actually think of a member on here named Gripenfelter that might make you look stupid in your "super mustang"

I hate mustangs, my mom has gotten a new one every two years for the past 8 yrs.
We had a 99' Cobra convertible 35th anni. 320hp:rolleyes: my ass, when the REAL numbers were finally released at MAYBE 280hp.
That was the biggest turning point for me, sure alot of car manufacturer's fuck with the numbers but I never thought muscle cars had to, I seem to remember camaro's being underestimated with the late LT1's????

I disagreed with GM at first for taking away the camaro, but now I think about it, there probably pretty smart, watch ford fuck up their new mustang and do everything opposite.
pretty much guranteed sales for GM, more power, more options, better styling, more reasonable pricing.

just my .02:clap:

403Gemini
03-04-2004, 10:52 AM
ive always like camaros more. dunno why, but i want one heh

Gripenfelter
03-04-2004, 09:17 PM
The engine will be a detuned version of the C6 Corvette's 6.0L 400hp V8 LS2 motor.

More pics here:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0312PHR_Fifth_Reloaded/

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr_5camaro/

Interestingly enough...

GM has purchased the copyrights to these pics.

Curious.

CKY
03-05-2004, 01:00 AM
i think the camaro looks ok, but i'd still perfer the styling of an old one, n as of the lights, r they just metal plates or r those some sorta ugly ass lights??

Gripenfelter
03-05-2004, 09:34 AM

I've raced an 03 Cobra with a pulley, exhaust, and chip. Their headlights look so purdy in my rear view mirror 4 cars back. :D They put out a good mph once they get rolling but off the line they are :zzz: Thats why you see 1/4 mile times in the high 12s with a mph in the 110+ range.

4.6L Stangs will NOT put out 260rwhp from the factory. I have a friend with a 2000 GT that put out 245rwhp with long tube headers, no cats, exhaust, and CAI. He was around 215rwhp stock.

If someone is trying to charge you $27,000 u.s. for an LS1 he's trying to rob you blind. A basic Z28 with a 6 speed stickered for $29,000 cdn. In comparison, I know a couple of guys in town that paid $55,000 cdn for an '03 Cobra.

LS1 motor was a completely new motor. It first appeared in the 1997 C5 Corvette. It features an aluminum block with iron sleeves, hypereutectic pistons, and a plastic composite manifold. This engine was then the V8 in 1998+ Camaros and Firebirds. A 6.0L version appeared in the Cadillac Escalade as well. I don't know where you got the wagon thing from. There is no other motor in GM's stable that is anything like an LS1.

If you think the LS1 is such a piece of crap, you aren't going to like the LS2 at all. Its a 3 valve per cylinder design. 6.0L 400hp V8. No bottle, no blower, all motor.

Oh and I've always loved how since 1993 GM's 5.7L LT1/LS1 has produced more horsepower, more torque, and BETTER fuel economy than the smaller Fords. BTW I heard the 2005 Mustang GTs will now FINALLY have 300hp. The Camaro SS had 305hp in 1996. So Ford is only 9 yrs behind. Not bad. :thumbsup:

I wonder when their standard GT will put out 300RWHP like the 2002 LS1s? :dunno:

The Camaro and Firebird were discontinued because they didn't meet the new A-pillar safety requirements. Not because they were poor sellers. If that were the case the Corvette would have been history a long time ago. The Camaro will be back in 2006. Do a search on my thread about the CAW workers in Quebec and the Camaro name.

MustangFreak
03-05-2004, 07:27 PM
OK, MY MUSTANG COBRA WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY MANY PIECE OF SH%#$ CAMAROS ROLLING AROUND HERE, AND WHY IS THAT, WELL PEOPLE DONT WANT TO PUT TO MUCH MONEY INTO THEM. AND YES, FORD RATED THEIR GT MUSTANGS HP AT THE WHEELS! I HAVE SPOKEN WITH TECHS AT FORD WHEN I WORKED FOR THEM. I HAVE SEEN WHAT FORD SAYS IN THE INSIDE, NOT IN SOME MOTOR TREND MAG. I HAVE RACED SS CAMAROS AND SEEN NOTHING BUT THEIR FRONT CLIP IN MY MIRROR, AND THERE HAS BEEN ONLY ONE CAR THAT TOOK ME AT CENTERVILLE, AND THAT WAS A 03 SRT-10 VIPER. I HAVE RACED A MANY CAMAROS AND NOT HAD THE HUMILITIATION OF LOSING. TAKE ONE OF MY MILITARY BUDDIES FOR EXAMPLE, HE OWNS A 2002 CAMARO Z, AFTER OWNING FOR 2 WEEKS, HIM AND I PULLED THE LS1 OUT, SENT IT TO A PERFORMANCE SHOP IN TEXAS, HAD THE THING PORTED, POLISHED, 5-ANGLE VALVE JOB, GREAT BIG CAM, NEW CRANK, FLIP CHIP, QUICK DISCONNECT EXHAUST AND TINTED WINDOWS, THE THING WAS QUICK, RUNNING ON THE DYNO AT 415 HP WITH OUT THE BOTTLE AND 520 WITH THE BOTTLE. WE RAN THEM OUT AT CENTERVILLE AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS FOR A BREAK IN PERIOD, AND MY COBRA STOMPED A MUDHOLE IN THE Z. I DID NOT BEAT HIM BY MUCH, BUT THE FACT IS THAT HE DID LOSE. MY CAR WAS RUNNING ABOUT 9.1 IN THE 1000FT, WHERE THE CAMARO WAS RUNNING ABOUT 9.7. BUT THEN AGAIN, THAT IS NOT GOOD BECAUSE HE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY TO GET THAT CAR TO WHERE IT IS NOW. I SPENT ABOUT 700 BUCKS, HE SPENT A ABOUT 3100 BUCKS. HMMM, AND HE STILL LOST. WHEN I CAN FIND MY VIDEO TAPE, I WILL CONVERT IT TO DIGITAL, AND POST IT ON MY CIVIC WEBSITE FOR YOU GUYS. THANKS ALOT!!! MUSTANGS RULE!!!!

MustangFreak
03-05-2004, 07:31 PM
THATS IT 400 HP FOR A 6.0 LITRE?????? THATS PATHETIC!!!! THE 05 MUSTANG IS STILL A 4.6 LITRE AND IS GOING TO BE AT 305 HP. THAT 6.0 U ARE TALKING ABOUT IS 1.4 LITRE BIGGER, OF COURSE IT WILL HAVE MORE POWER....LET FORD UPGRADE TO THE 6.0 DISPLACEMENT AND WATCH THAT HP CLIMB....MORE CI, THE MORE HP. DUH!! THE NEW COBRA WILL STILL WALK CIRCLES AROUND THE LS2, SUPERCHARGED YES, BUT ITS ONLY A 4.6!!! YES, 450HP IS CORRECT, AND A HELL OF ALOT CHEAPER!

MustangFreak
03-05-2004, 07:35 PM
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE COMPETITION BETWEEN DODGE, CHEVY, FORD AND SO ON.....BUT RIGHT NOW FORD HAS IT WITH THEIR NEW GT 40, AND BOY, TALK ABOUT A VIPER EATER...I HAVE SEEN THE REVIEWS AT MY SHOP, ITS AMAZING THAT A V8 PERFORMS THAT WELL, FORD POWER!!! 500HP AINT BAD AT ALL FOR A 5.4 LITRE!!!

MustangFreak
03-05-2004, 07:37 PM
I HAVE HEARD WORD ABOUT THE 06 MUSTANG GT 500 THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO COMBAT THE SS CAMARO CONCEPT, AND OF COURSE WE WILL SE A GLORIOUS EVENT, THE CAMARO BOWING DOWN AND SUCKING THE MUSTANG'S DI*%!

ecstasy_civic
03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
do you ever shut up??
holy fuck you bitch alot and take the caps off there captain:rolleyes:

god forbid someone would question you or your rustang.

I think you need a reality check:banghead:

And FYI: my friend is the director of the SVTOA club of alberta, and has alot of info on pretty much anything ford has ever produced, and theres no way in fuckin hell a GT puts down 260whp HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Gripenfelter
03-06-2004, 12:06 PM
How do you figure a bigger motor will automatically have more horsepower?? Have you even built a motor?? More displacement just adds torque and the ability to swallow bigger cams. It doesn't add hp.

Would you like to compare a Chevrolet 302 to a Ford 302??

http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/302camaro/index.shtml

435hp@6000rpm out of a CHEVY 302.

Eventhough this is an import board, no one is being fooled with your BS about Ford rating the GTs with RWHP. You're confusing Ford with GM.

GM rated their LS1s at 305hp when in fact most of them were dynoing at 300-310rwhp (340-350 crank hp). They rated the Z06 at 405hp when most of them were dynoing at 380+RWHP (420-430hp at the crank).

Should we bring up the 1999 Cobra fiasco where Ford rated the Cobras at 320hp but most of them had LESS hp than the stock GTs?? http://www.blueovalnews.com/lawsuit_ford/ford_transcript.htm Scroll down to the 3/4 mark on that page. "Should competitors know that Ford knows its mustang Cobra isn't producing 320hp?"

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/fordmustang.html (Read the caption on the right)

I dare you to post this BS on a domestic board like www.performance-shop.com

Its mainly a Mustang board but if you were to say that 4.6L V8s have 260rwhp you'd get laughed off the board.

If they did in fact have 260rwhp, that would mean over 300hp at the crank which would put them in the mid to low 13s stock. No magazine has seen these GTs go faster than 14.0

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_9912_mustanggt/index.html

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/scmcevents/ats_dyno/page3.htm (Scroll down to the 2nd car) Here's the video: http://www.svtcobraclub.com/scmcevents/ats_dyno/tbailey.wmv

These are actually modded cars too in the above link!! How much less would a stock Stang put out?? lol If you can't trust the SVT Cobra Club for horsepower numbers, who can you trust? lol

hyperwhite
03-06-2004, 12:25 PM
hahahaha, mustangs are the camaros bitch! always have, always will :D

FiveFreshFish
03-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Try this...

hyperwhite
03-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Mahk Uno
I read somewhere recently i thin it was car and driver...anyhew it had a write up on what was called the Phantom Mustang sporting a v10 with a load shit of power...just wondering if anyone else caught wind of this little project X from Ford...if so everyone can look the fuck out cause it will anhilate any and all:burnout: i must admit, it makes me a little nervous to think this could be true.

that mustang isn't gonna be built, it was just a tester for the cobra V10

missblondie
03-06-2004, 01:00 PM
that car is really good looking... i love the old school domestic stylings

Inthered
03-06-2004, 01:19 PM
OK, MY MUSTANG COBRA WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY MANY PIECE OF SH%#$ CAMAROS ROLLING AROUND HERE, AND WHY IS THAT, WELL PEOPLE DONT WANT TO PUT TO MUCH MONEY INTO THEM. AND YES, FORD RATED THEIR GT MUSTANGS HP AT THE WHEELS! I HAVE SPOKEN WITH TECHS AT FORD WHEN I WORKED FOR THEM. I HAVE SEEN WHAT FORD SAYS IN THE INSIDE, NOT IN SOME MOTOR TREND MAG. I HAVE RACED SS CAMAROS AND SEEN NOTHING BUT THEIR FRONT CLIP IN MY MIRROR, AND THERE HAS BEEN ONLY ONE CAR THAT TOOK ME AT CENTERVILLE, AND THAT WAS A 03 SRT-10 VIPER. I HAVE RACED A MANY CAMAROS AND NOT HAD THE HUMILITIATION OF LOSING. TAKE ONE OF MY MILITARY BUDDIES FOR EXAMPLE, HE OWNS A 2002 CAMARO Z, AFTER OWNING FOR 2 WEEKS, HIM AND I PULLED THE LS1 OUT, SENT IT TO A PERFORMANCE SHOP IN TEXAS, HAD THE THING PORTED, POLISHED, 5-ANGLE VALVE JOB, GREAT BIG CAM, NEW CRANK, FLIP CHIP, QUICK DISCONNECT EXHAUST AND TINTED WINDOWS, THE THING WAS QUICK, RUNNING ON THE DYNO AT 415 HP WITH OUT THE BOTTLE AND 520 WITH THE BOTTLE. WE RAN THEM OUT AT CENTERVILLE AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS FOR A BREAK IN PERIOD, AND MY COBRA STOMPED A MUDHOLE IN THE Z. I DID NOT BEAT HIM BY MUCH, BUT THE FACT IS THAT HE DID LOSE. MY CAR WAS RUNNING ABOUT 9.1 IN THE 1000FT, WHERE THE CAMARO WAS RUNNING ABOUT 9.7. BUT THEN AGAIN, THAT IS NOT GOOD BECAUSE HE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY TO GET THAT CAR TO WHERE IT IS NOW. I SPENT ABOUT 700 BUCKS, HE SPENT A ABOUT 3100 BUCKS. HMMM, AND HE STILL LOST. WHEN I CAN FIND MY VIDEO TAPE, I WILL CONVERT IT TO DIGITAL, AND POST IT ON MY CIVIC WEBSITE FOR YOU GUYS. THANKS ALOT!!! MUSTANGS RULE!!!!

So basically your buddy can't drive for shit. Right mullet head?

Is this in you in the pic?

ecstasy_civic
03-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Gripenfelter
How do you figure a bigger motor will automatically have more horsepower?? Have you even built a motor?? More displacement just adds torque and the ability to swallow bigger cams. It doesn't add hp.

Would you like to compare a Chevrolet 302 to a Ford 302??

http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/302camaro/index.shtml

435hp@6000rpm out of a CHEVY 302.

Eventhough this is an import board, no one is being fooled with your BS about Ford rating the GTs with RWHP. You're confusing Ford with GM.

GM rated their LS1s at 305hp when in fact most of them were dynoing at 300-310rwhp (340-350 crank hp). They rated the Z06 at 405hp when most of them were dynoing at 380+RWHP (420-430hp at the crank).

Should we bring up the 1999 Cobra fiasco where Ford rated the Cobras at 320hp but most of them had LESS hp than the stock GTs?? http://www.blueovalnews.com/lawsuit_ford/ford_transcript.htm Scroll down to the 3/4 mark on that page. "Should competitors know that Ford knows its mustang Cobra isn't producing 320hp?"

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/fordmustang.html (Read the caption on the right)

I dare you to post this BS on a domestic board like www.performance-shop.com

Its mainly a Mustang board but if you were to say that 4.6L V8s have 260rwhp you'd get laughed off the board.

If they did in fact have 260rwhp, that would mean over 300hp at the crank which would put them in the mid to low 13s stock. No magazine has seen these GTs go faster than 14.0

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_9912_mustanggt/index.html

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/scmcevents/ats_dyno/page3.htm (Scroll down to the 2nd car) Here's the video: http://www.svtcobraclub.com/scmcevents/ats_dyno/tbailey.wmv

These are actually modded cars too in the above link!! How much less would a stock Stang put out?? lol If you can't trust the SVT Cobra Club for horsepower numbers, who can you trust? lol

Finally someone to back up my 99' cobra issue.
Ive said this numerous times without anyone knowing anything about it.

Thanks for posting that link!!:thumbsup:

MustangFreak
03-07-2004, 06:25 PM
The Mustang is going to be built, sorry to burst your bubble. And yes, I have built several engines. Thank you for your time. :) Camaros Suck!

Dave
03-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
hahahaha, mustangs are the camaros bitch! always have, always will :D

And yet you drive a Cavalier, a neons bitch.

MustangFreak
03-07-2004, 09:41 PM
lol dave!

Gripenfelter
03-08-2004, 09:07 AM
The Mustang is going to be built, sorry to burst your bubble. And yes, I have built several engines. Thank you for your time. :) Camaros Suck!

Well now, if you build engines why would you think the Ford 4.6 L V8 puts out 260rwhp??

Throttle body: 66.8mm (2.630 inches)
Intake manifold: composite, cast No. XR3E-DC
Cylinder heads: cast No. RFXL3-CZOD
CFM: [email protected] lift
Combustion chambers: 42.40cc
Valves: 1.752/1.417 inches
Rockers: roller type, w/1.80:1 ratio
Camshaft lift: .505/.534-inch lift Duration (I/E) @ .050" 186/194
Compression ratio: 9.30:1
Pistons: hypereutectic w/.188-inch dish

You aren't going to see 260rwhp out of those poor heads or those tiny cams. If you build engines you would know that.

BTW, stock LT1s flow [email protected] lift.

Gripenfelter
03-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Here are the rest of the stats on Ford Engines Mr. Engine Builder:

Basic Modular Engine Dimensions

4.6-liter SOHC and DOHC
Aluminum block weight (bare): 86 lbs.
Iron block weight (bare): 154 lbs.
Assembled cylinder head weight: 44 lbs.*
Displacement: 4.6 liters/281 cubic inches
Bore: 3.552 inches
Stroke: 3.543 inches
Bore spacing: 3.937 inches
Main journal dia.: 2.657 inches
Rod journal dia.: 2.086 inches
Rod length: 5.933 inches
Deck height: 8.937 inches
*Assembled 302 iron head weighs approx. 55 lbs.
5.4-liter (8 cylinders) and 6.8-liter (10 cylinders)
-Return to menu
Displacement: 5.4 liters/6.8 liters (330 cubic inches/415 cubic inches)
Bore: 3.552 inches
Stroke: 4.165 inches
Bore spacing: 3.937 inches
Main journal dia.: 2.657 inches
Rod journal dia.: 2.086 inches
Rod length: 6.657 inches
Deck height: 10.078 inches

1996 4.6 SOHC 215HP Mustang Engine

Throttle body: 65mm (2.559 inches)
Intake manifold: composite, cast No. F6ZE-CG
Cylinder heads: cast No. RF-F5AE-AE
Combustion chambers: 49.77cc
Valves: 1.752/1.339 inches
Camshaft lift: .473/.473-inch lift
Pistons: hypereutectic w/.153-inch dish

1997 4.6 SOHC 215HP Mustang Engine

1998 4.6 SOHC 225HP Mustang Engine

1999 4.6 SOHC 260HP Mustang Engine

Throttle body: 66.8mm (2.630 inches)
Combustion chambers: 42.40cc

2000 4.6 SOHC 260HP Mustang Engine

Throttle body: 65mm (2.560 inches)
Combustion chambers: 42.45cc
Rockers: roller type, w/1.81:1 ratio
Compression ratio: 9.74:1

2001 4.6 SOHC 260HP Mustang Engine

Throttle body: 65mm (2.560 inches)
Intake manifold: composite, cast No. 1L2E-DL
Cylinder heads: cast No. RF1L2E-6090-D22D (or D24D)
Pistons: hypereutectic w/.145-inch dish

2001 4.6 SOHC 265HP Mustang Bullitt Engine

Throttle body: twin 57mm (twin 2.24-inch)
Intake manifold: cast aluminum, cast No. RF-2RE3-9A448-AA
Cylinder heads: cast No. RF1L2E-6090-D22D (or D24D)
Pistons: hypereutectic w/.145-inch dish

First rule of racing: Know what's under the hood of your opponent. :thumbsup:

xkon
03-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Try this...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

beat me to it!!!

MustangFreak
03-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Wow (Mr. I can search the web to find specs about enignes) I am glad that you know how to use google.com. The little dyno run you had with your chevy was not bad, but its fun to watch my 4 cylinder chew it up on the dyno and on the track. Thanks for your input though, always glad to meet someone who has google expierience. :)

habsfan
03-15-2004, 07:17 PM

i dont know where u hear that the V10 stang is gonna be built. it was a test mule done by ford with no intention for production, so unless ford had a brain cramp and decided to make a whole new engine for a limited run mustang....it wont be built.

and finally, i just gotta say this, you're what, 23 years old? then why do you sound like a fuckin 15 year old "OH MAN MY CAR KICKS YOUR CARS ASS!!"

:whocares:

Gripenfelter
03-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Wow (Mr. I can search the web to find specs about enignes) I am glad that you know how to use google.com. The little dyno run you had with your chevy was not bad, but its fun to watch my 4 cylinder chew it up on the dyno and on the track. Thanks for your input though, always glad to meet someone who has google expierience. :)

Its too bad you can't search for engine specs Mr. 260rwhp_stock_GT :dunno:

So lets see a dyno vid of your cobra? Or how about some pics? Or any vids for that matter.

Oh and that 478hp video in my sig is outdated. I'll have a new one up in a few weeks. No bottle. No blower. All motor.

MustangFreak
03-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Ok, enough of this arguing man. I am not knocking your car bro....I am just saying that my import and maybe my cobra will give that camaro of yours a hard time on the track, not saying your ride is a piece or anything, but I am in the miltary, and i do not have the time to go out and video my car all the time. Besides, I dont have a digital video camera that I can transfer to my comp, as of now I am on my Government Computer anyway. No beef with any of you guys, and hope that your car becomes faster in the future. I will definetly not race you with my heavy ass ton of a Cobra, but one of these days we will meet while I am in my civic, and I will give you some hell. :) Take care man.

MustangFreak
03-15-2004, 08:47 PM
You can see pics of my civic at www.blackoutsi.com/images/civic