PDA

View Full Version : gtr maintenance

Blue
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
anyone know how much those cost ?
herd getting new breaks are 8grand.. is that true ?

Skyline_Addict
01-27-2012, 01:00 PM
www.nagtroc.org

G-ZUS
01-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Blue
anyone know how much those cost ?
herd getting new breaks are 8grand.. is that true ?

yep thats about accurate, my girlfriends brothers uncles best friend paid $1299 to get his oil did :eek:

max_boost
01-27-2012, 01:55 PM
If you gotta ask.

It costs $1K+ to flush out that dual clutch transmission and I thought $600 for the DSG VW was expensive. :rofl:

benyl
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
If you have to ask...

KRyn
01-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by benyl
If you have to ask...

You can't afford it!

max_boost
01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

You can't afford it!

But you can .....

HELOC THAT SHIT

:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Living large bro!

benyl
01-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

But you can .....

HELOC THAT SHIT

Living large bro!

You must subscribe to InDebt's book.

max_boost
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
I think I was the original.

benyl
01-27-2012, 02:43 PM
I think I was the original.

Your sig is misquoting me.

You were driving a BMW when the rest of us were driving Hondas... You are the original Baller.

KRyn
01-27-2012, 02:46 PM

But you can .....

HELOC THAT SHIT

Living large bro!

So let me get this straight, to become a beyond baller one must...

1) Purchase property
2) HELOC something you can't afford!
3) Post pictures on beyond of said unaffordable items
4) ??????
5) Profit

Is this correct?

max_boost
01-27-2012, 02:56 PM
The above is correct if you want to join the fake baller club.

:D

max_boost
01-27-2012, 02:57 PM

Your sig is misquoting me.

You were driving a BMW when the rest of us were driving Hondas... You are the original Baller.

HAHA It was a lease and I was living at home. :rofl: So I adjusted your quote accordingly.

InRich
01-27-2012, 03:43 PM

I dont get it. :dunno:

guessboi
01-27-2012, 04:00 PM

HAHA It was a lease and I was living at home. :rofl: So I adjusted your quote accordingly.

LOL. :rofl:

Tik-Tok
01-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Blue
getting new breaks are 8grand.. is that true ?

I can break it for free if you end up buying one.

Orbie
01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Blue, I would probably check on NAGTROC if you want some better numbers. You're going to get a bunch of confusing info if you don't ask owners, it's always hearsay.

Sarcasm detector isn't working on G-ZUS's post, but because of the ridiculous line of people he heard it though I'm assuming he's joking around. Oil change is nowhere near that mark, but it's still expensive compared to mainstream cars, look to pay around $200 for an oil change, cheaper if you can bring your own oil.

max_boost is on the right track for the Transmission service, it's around $800, again cheaper if you can source the fluid yourself (alot of people on NAGTROC do this). If you plan on tracking you will have to do this more often, but regular service is based on distance only not time, but typically it's around the 2-3 year mark.

I haven't done a brake change, but I wouldn't doubt new rotors, pads and labor would be around $7k-$8k with OEM parts. However if you look at NAGTROC everyone goes aftermarket with better braking performance for less than half that cost. So I would recommend that route, if you are tracking it the stock brakes actually aren't very good anyways.

Just be glad they don't have the carbon ceramics on the Spec-V, I've heard those are in the 50K range.

FraserB
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM
It seems like every week you post up about some high end car you are "looking at" and never buy anything. I don't see the point of all these threads, unless you are InDebt's son.:dunno:

max_boost
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
It seems like every week you post up about some high end car you are "looking at" and never buy anything. I don't see the point of all these threads, unless you are InDebt's son.:dunno:

Blue's just researching his options. In this day and age of $300-$500K HELOC's, no car is out of reach. It's all good because in order to use the LOC, you need the HE. It's still your money. You're richer than you think. ImRich. :bigpimp:

projekz
01-27-2012, 05:37 PM
If you can't spell "BRAKES", you can't afford one.

max_boost
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Jordan can't spell or write that well and he drives a Lambo so that's not entirely true. :rofl: :D

streethondas
01-27-2012, 07:29 PM

Blue's just researching his options. In this day and age of $300-$500K HELOC's, no car is out of reach. It's all good because in order to use the LOC, you need the HE. It's still your money. You're richer than you think. ImRich. :bigpimp:

LOL:rofl:

Jordan can't spell or write that well and he drives a Lambo so that's not entirely true. :rofl: :D
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zt1PZyRLL7Y/TpShfuDxbGI/AAAAAAAAASg/UbwlaI_Tb5c/s1600/demotivational-posters-only-k-in-debt.jpg

J-hop
01-27-2012, 09:09 PM

Blue's just researching his options. In this day and age of $300-$500K HELOC's, no car is out of reach. It's all good because in order to use the LOC, you need the HE. It's still your money....

This is what I never understood, people saying HELOCs are "their money", how so?????? you go to a bank, they give you THEIR money to buy a house, then you basically remortgage your house and again take THEIR money to buy a car. I don't see the logic. so you have 200k left on your house to pay off and you HELOC a 50k car, and now you owe 250k. Ok fine, but now you say: well my house is valued at 400k and I only have 250k left on my mortgage so that means 150k of "my money" is magically buried in my house . Ok so "your money" is based on some mythical number that you may potentially have left over when you sell your house and have no where to live and can't afford a new house with what you have left, ok so where did "your money" go because now you have no house and every time the house goes up in value while someone else owns it you are losing out on potential equity, but you've got your 150k woooohooooo!!! Now lets assume nothing goes wrong, you still owe that 250k to the bank, so how the eff do you figure its "your money". You can't say you simultaneously own a house AND the money that you've paid off towards that house, that is a silly way of thinking. So when you pay 30k for car do you think at the moment you grab the keys (ignoring depreciation) that you own a car and have the 30k still??? No.....

even if you paid off a 300k mortgage and your house was valued after at 500k, that doesn't mean you have 200k of your money in your house... if you took out a 200k HELOC and something went wrong and you had to sell your house to pay it off you are left with 300k and now you have to buy a house that is currently worth 300k which has a lot less value than your previous house which is now valued at 500k.

but now if you decide you want to have the same amount of home equity as before you STILL have to mortgage 200k of the banks money, so again, how the hell are people figuring its "their money" the bank doesn't just give you money, no matter what its THEIR money, you are just borrowing it (and for a price to!!)

Lets not forget HELOCs were a significant contributing factor to the subprime mortgage crisis in the US, so you are just contributing to your own potential downfall.

It seems today that "ballers" are just those that can hide their debt the best.

max_boost
01-27-2012, 09:24 PM
^^^

You mad brah?

Don't ruin it for me man. I love my HELOC!!!

J-hop
01-27-2012, 09:26 PM
^^^

You mad brah?

Don't ruin it for me man. I love my HELOC!!!

no not at all. Just trying to understand people's way of thinking that to me makes absolutely no sense.

Xtrema
01-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

It seems today that "ballers" are just those that can hide their debt the best.

aka Effective credit utilization.

J-hop
01-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

aka Effective credit utilization.

that I can understand but saying its "your money" is like saying "I have 30k in the bank and a 20k limit on my credit card so I have 50k" hahaha. that is nonsense if you ask me.

max_boost
01-27-2012, 09:51 PM

that I can understand but saying its "your money" is like saying "I have 30k in the bank and a 20k limit on my credit card so I have 50k" hahaha. that is nonsense if you ask me.

That is non sense indeed.

But HELOC is still your money! It's secured bro!

Xtrema
01-27-2012, 11:44 PM

It's like $30K cash + $20K equity in the house which you unlock by HELOC at a low interest rate.

$20K credit card debt, you'll have to find $ to pay that.

$20 Heloc, they just take your house and it's paid.

Yes, debt tolerance is quite individual. I hate debt unless it's a mortgage. But AB has one of the highest debt to income ratio, 1.5:1. So there are quite a bit of over-leverage out there that probably would respond well to a real estate crash.

J-hop
01-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

It's like $30K cash + $20K equity in the house which you unlock by HELOC at a low interest rate.

$20K credit card debt, you'll have to find $ to pay that.

$20 Heloc, they just take your house and it's paid.

Yes, debt tolerance is quite individual. I hate debt unless it's a mortgage. But AB has one of the highest debt to income ratio, 1.5:1. So there are quite a bit of over-leverage out there that probably would respond well to a real estate crash.

yea I understand that, but at the end of the day claiming that a HELOC is "your money" is trying to claim equity twice. You can't claim that if you've paid 200k into a 500k mortgage and then HELOC that 200k that your overall equity is 700k. Which is what you are saying by trying to claim its your money.

And what do you (max) mean by secured? secured by your home??? ie: the real estate market, there is no security in that (yes I know what a secured loan is, but i'm talking about what exactly that means in a heloc situation). A house 3 blocks away from ours that my friend was looking at buying (and thankfully passed), lost 20k on what the owners had bought it for......and they had put about 100k in to renovations. So they lost 120k on that house in about 10 years.

Doesn't the so called "security" depend completely on the market value of the house, which is far from secure?

LOL sorry for completely derailing this thread OP

Tuner1
01-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Back on topic...

R35 GT-R maintenance isn't that bad considering the cars cost $100k+ when new and perform (or outperform) cars that cost twice as much to purchase and maintain. That being said, if you are coming out of a sub-$40k "normal" car you will have a shit when you have to pay for brakes, tires or a trans fluid change on a GT-R. Of course the costs are far less through the aftermarket (Tunerworks ;) ) vs the dealer!

Hope that helps :)

Rob aka A Happy GT-R driver

max_boost
01-28-2012, 12:37 AM

yea I understand that, but at the end of the day claiming that a HELOC is "your money" is trying to claim equity twice. You can't claim that if you've paid 200k into a 500k mortgage and then HELOC that 200k that your overall equity is 700k. Which is what you are saying by trying to claim its your money.

And what do you (max) mean by secured? secured by your home??? ie: the real estate market, there is no security in that (yes I know what a secured loan is, but i'm talking about what exactly that means in a heloc situation). A house 3 blocks away from ours that my friend was looking at buying (and thankfully passed), lost 20k on what the owners had bought it for......and they had put about 100k in to renovations. So they lost 120k on that house in about 10 years.

Doesn't the so called "security" depend completely on the market value of the house, which is far from secure?

LOL sorry for completely derailing this thread OP

No one is claiming equity twice. I'm claiming it once. Does that work for you?

And I bought my house in 2005 Thanks very much. It would have to drop 40% to get to that 05 price.

I also have no mortgage and just a HELOC at 65% of my home's value so if that's considered debt to you, so be it. :rofl:

Sorath
01-28-2012, 02:07 AM
why do people argue with max boost? We all know that he is beyond's original baller :bigpimp:

B18C
01-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
why do people argue with max boost? We all know that he is beyond's original baller :bigpimp:

:werd:

Skyline_Addict
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by max_debt

I also have no mortgage and just a HELOC at 65% of my home's value so if that's considered debt to you, so be it. :rofl:

streethondas
01-30-2012, 12:57 PM
^^I see what you did there :rofl:

max_boost
01-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by streethondas
^^I see what you did there :rofl: :werd: :hijack:

So I heard Sunridge Nissan got a 2011 GTR as trade in. I wonder how much they'll give me for my NSX on trade. :bigpimp:

4doorj
01-30-2012, 01:54 PM
:werd: :hijack:

So I heard Sunridge Nissan got a 2011 GTR as trade in. I wonder how much they'll give me for my NSX on trade. :bigpimp:
Nothing keep the nsx

Sorath
01-30-2012, 02:40 PM
naw you baller sam, get the brand new 2012 black edition we have here....

b.rock1
02-01-2012, 10:35 PM
WTF IS A HELOC

but in any case, if i owned a GTR i would probably want to do most of the maintenance myself, aside from the tranny-related stuff.

on second thought, that probably voids the warranty doesn't it

b.rock1
02-01-2012, 10:37 PM
haha, home equity line of credit. can you tell i still live at home? woot woot mom's basement.

anyways, people are buying cars with money borrowed on their house? sounds like an awful idea, but then again i'm not a finance/business major so maybe i'm misunderstanding.