PDA

View Full Version : Best time and place to buy snowboard and bindings?

nonofyobiz
01-27-2012, 09:18 PM
So end of season is coming up, just wondering when the best time to but this stuff is? Does the Source still have that big sale?
I'd like to but some decent equipment without spending a whole lot.

I am a beginner, so what type of board/bindings should I try and get?

any other suggestions?

thx

lilmira
01-27-2012, 09:37 PM
I would just start doing some research, pick a few items that you want and keep your eyes on the price.

The Source does the warehouse sale every year (around Aug-Sep?). Line-up is huge on the first day and better items are gone quick.

I have bought stuff from Empire in Montreal. Year old items are comparable in price to the warehouse sale here. Paying for shipping is still better than standing in line.

You may also check out Island Snow in BC.

Spoons
02-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Season close to ending?

Noooooooooooo it's just getting started.

Honestly The Source on 17th has a very knowledgable staff. I went in there with one thing in mind and came out with something completely different and love the board I bought instead.

heavyfuel
02-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
Season close to ending?

Honestly The Source on 17th has a very knowledgable staff. I went in there with one thing in mind and came out with something completely different and love the board I bought instead.

The girl who helped me pick out a board there last week was very helpful and really friendly, and the board I ended up buying (Ride Machete 164w) was bang on what she and a guy my size who works there who'd ridden one said it would be. I recommend Source big time.

Unknown303
02-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel

The girl who helped me pick out a board there last week was very helpful and really friendly, and the board I ended up buying (Ride Machete 164w) was bang on what she and a guy my size who works there who'd ridden one said it would be. I recommend Source big time.

Cool I may have to check that place out. Any deals to be had right now?

ercchry
02-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Cool I may have to check that place out. Any deals to be had right now?

the source? i doubt it :rofl:

Unknown303
02-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

the source? i doubt it :rofl:

:cry: Best stick to ebay I guess.

ercchry
02-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303

:cry: Best stick to ebay I guess.

or you could just hangout in front of the hospital in banff... im sure there is bound to be at least a few people who quit after having to spend a few nights there, probably get you the best deal on gently used gear :rofl:

max_boost
02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Sport Chek has their big sale on right now.

Unknown303
02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Sport Chek has their big sale on right now.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Burton Bullet Wide for under 300.. :drool:

Stunt66
02-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
Season close to ending?

Agreed on the season just starting but I gotta disagree on the source having knowledgeable staff. It can be total hit or miss there.

If you're a beginner you should just go to sportchek or sportmart and get a basic set up for now but if you're not in dire need of gear wait another couple months and look online because the US sites will start putting their stuff on sale. EVO.com, the-house.com are my faves. the only problem is they don't ship certain brands to canada.

nonofyobiz
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Ya I ended up going to sport chek. Picked up a K2 darkstar 159w. hopefully the wide board works out good lol

I still need bindings tho. Any advice or recommendations on what to look for? Anything special I need to know about bindings?

Unknown303
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by nonofyobiz
Ya I ended up going to sport chek. Picked up a K2 darkstar 159w. hopefully the wide board works out good lol

I still need bindings tho. Any advice or recommendations on what to look for? Anything special I need to know about bindings?

Sport Chek has some K2 bindings for 90.00 apparently.

03ozwhip
02-06-2012, 01:39 PM
ya i bought some sims stuff which was 50% off at SC board and bindings cost me 200, also bought some oakley goggles for $55. ya im cheap, so what, the shit works lol i also got a 159w after riding on a 152 for 10 years(way too short) it is a whole new learning curve.

94CoRd
02-08-2012, 12:02 PM
WhiskeyMilitia.com (http://www.whiskeymilitia.com)

If you have some time, and don't mind waiting. Whiskey Militia will pop up some pretty good deals. Just this morning were some Electirc EG2 goggles for 69 bucks. Have seen some boards for 150 - 200 as well.

Some stuff can't ship to Canada though