PDA

View Full Version : Drug Test.... 7 day detox

ae92gts
01-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Okay here we go...
i am sceduled to do a urine drug test in the next couple of weeks to get a new job i have applied for.
I have been a chronic marijuana smoker for a couple of years now but have stopped smoking for a couple of weeks (after i applied for a promising position) i have been taking a 7 day detox program that promises to completely remove any toxins from my system.

I have been drinking plenty of fluids and eating alot healthier (no fatty foods or red meat) and i go to the gym daily (have for a long time now)

I am wondering if this detox system works or not? And if finishing the detox system a week or 2 before the drug test will affect the effectivness of the detox?

have any of you used a detox and passed a urine drug test? (not a masking system as for the test for masking systems now)

C_Dave45
01-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Just go to your doctor and ask him to test for you. He'll let you know if you test positive.

ae92gts
01-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Just go to your doctor and ask him to test for you. He'll let you know if you test positive.

Didnt even think of that, i will give that a shot.
would that cost anything? or would buying a DIY home drug test be worth the money?

MrSector9
01-28-2012, 05:01 PM
you can buy the home kits and most head shops

C_Dave45
01-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ae92gts

Didnt even think of that, i will give that a shot.
would that cost anything? or would buying a DIY home drug test be worth the money?

Doesn't cost a thing. Why spend money and take chances on some "home diy thing"?
Get a proper test by your doc. If it comes up negative, then you know you're good to go.

ae92gts
01-28-2012, 05:17 PM

Doesn't cost a thing. Why spend money and take chances on some "home diy thing"?
Get a proper test by your doc. If it comes up negative, then you know you're good to go.

would walk in clinics offer drug testing? (my personal doctor has an extensive waiting list)

C_Dave45
01-28-2012, 05:18 PM

would walk in clinics offer drug testing? (my personal doctor has an extensive waiting list)

Hmm...that I don't know. Even with my own doc, she just writes up an order and I take it to any lab to do the blood/piss testing. So a walk-in should be able to do the same thing. Quick phone call to any walk-in should be able to answer that.

sabad66
01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
When was the last time you smoked? Even if you were a daily smoker I really doubt there will be anything left in your system after 3 full weeks (read 21 days), especially if you are exercising regularly (assuming you are doing cardio and burning fat). Maybe lay off the exercise starting 2 days before the test, only because THC metabolites are stored in your fat cells and could release some lingering molecules into your blood stream.

J-hop
01-28-2012, 07:25 PM

you know that the testers used by pre employment lab testing services are EXACTLY the same test that you buy for at home testing.

OP, dynamic testing solutions will do it and they are essentially a walk in service (just call on your way in) but it is not exactly cheap (I think I paid $70). They test for all the major drugs; THC, opiates etc etc.

The DIY at home kit cost about $40 for the multi panel at the grass roots store in kensignton and is good to 50nanograms/ml (industry standard testing level) - also tests for the same other drugs that the dynamic testing solutions' test for . Grass roots also has a cheaper single panel that only tests for THC that is good down to 25nanograms/ml (i think its $20), so if you test negative on either of those you are good to go.

I asked the girl that did my test at dynamic testing solutions and gave her the brand name I had tried and she said it was from the same manufacturer as the one they used (even looked the same).

And for those wondering, No I didn't start doing drugs, I had a scare that some trash bag laced some shisha I had smoked, and I had a work drug test coming up and didn't want to lose my jobso I did an at home the next day and a couple days later went to dynamic to make absolutely sure. (thankfully I was negative on both tests so chances are there was nothing in it)

BTW OP, from all the reading I did, those detox kits do NOT work. Neither does the swimmers shampoo (for hair tests), or working out etc. Your urine THC levels are based on (among other things) the metabolic rate of your fat cells. Something that cannot be influenced in the short term through working out or these detox kits. If you test positive before the test using a kit or something then your only option is to dilute the test. But if its for an employer they will likely test the specific gravity of your urine to rule out dilution and if you are caught for doing that they'll probably look at it as a fail, or make you retest

lellowrx7
01-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Go to next level or hempisphere
Single panel strips are 10$ tests for thc
Detox kit. Depending on how worries you are get the 4x cleans you right out. 2 days is all it takes.

The day of your test drink a fuck ton of water to dilute the sample. You'll need to take a multi vitamin though to keep the yellow color or they may suspect it and get you to retest.

Edit: Go on a chicken and fish diet for a couple days, pure protein and absolutely no fat. Hit up joggs, saunas, hot tubs, anything to make you sweat. Two days before the test hit up MacDonalds, BK, Abything fatty and load up.
The thc is stored in fat cells so if you try and bury its it's been known to work.

I have yet to fail a drug test and I always like to have some fun when I get back from rotations.

C_Dave45
01-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

you know that the testers used by pre employment lab testing services are EXACTLY the same test that you buy for at home testing...
.(blah, blah)
(I think I paid $70). (blah, blah)
...cost about $40 (blah, blah) .....
(i think its $20), so if you test negative on either of those you are good to go

So? Doc's free. :dunno:

J-hop
01-28-2012, 07:41 PM

So? Doc's free. :dunno:

yea doctor would be best from a money standpoint. I only gave the other solutions because I know my doctor is damn near impossible to get in to see on short notice so there are other equally effective options out there that can be done on your own time.....

OP, I forgot to mention (you probably already know this) but test yourself first thing in the morning, the THC levels in your urine will be the highest at that point. On that same note make sure you pee in the morning before going in to get tested, to flush your system.

Chances are you will be ok, my research into it, showed that occasional smokers could test below the industry standard a week after their last joint. A chronic smoker is usually up to as much as 21 days (as someone mentioned) or higher if they are a tub of lard and their fat cell metabolism is extremely slow. And the "second hand smoke" excuse doesn't work either, according to the internetz and the testing agency I used, second hand smoke won't put you over the cut off....

sabad66
01-28-2012, 08:02 PM
also, always start peeing in the cup mid-stream. the initial bit is always the most concentrated. If you're going to be drinking a shit ton of water, it might be good to supplement with creatine if you have some. btw to everyone above, these things don't test for THC, they test for THC metabolites. just a terminology thing that bugs me (you don't stay high for 3 weeks after smoking)

ae92gts
01-28-2012, 11:17 PM
okay thanks guys. tomorrow is my last day of my 7 day detox, i am going to buy some strips to test myself and see if i am good to go and to see if the detox actually works or not, if not i will practice dilluting at home before my actual drug test.

I have been eating nothing but high protien meats with low fat, my job is very physical and gets me sweating and on top of that i hit the gym almost daily so burning fat is no issue, i am going to load up on fatty foods :drool: before the test to help bury those fat cells holding the metabolites.

again thanks for all of the tips, and i will keep you posted on how things go

:thumbsup:

dirtsniffer
01-29-2012, 12:14 AM
i smoked one to three times a week for forever and I passed the first home test i took around 3-4 days after i stopped smoking. also passed the real thing. also the home test is pretty much the exact same thing as the labs use

rob the knob
01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
when you've gotten your blood work done on doctors orders, have you been tested for drugs? have been tested for drugs after asking your doctor?

i ask because i have had bloodwork done and drug test is never standard. i have never asked for drug test though i have wanted specific tests done because i had specific concerns and it was difficult to convince doctor to request that test. the testing isn't health test, you know if you smoke drugs or no smoking drugs, so why would healthcare pay for test? though who knows, screwed up system.

Hmm...that I don't know. Even with my own doc, she just writes up an order and I take it to any lab to do the blood/piss testing. So a walk-in should be able to do the same thing. Quick phone call to any walk-in should be able to answer that.

C_Dave45
01-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by rob the knob
when you've gotten your blood work done on doctors orders, have you been tested for drugs? have been tested for drugs after asking your doctor?

i ask because i have had bloodwork done and drug test is never standard. i have never asked for drug test though i have wanted specific tests done because i had specific concerns and it was difficult to convince doctor to request that test. the testing isn't health test, you know if you smoke drugs or no smoking drugs, so why would healthcare pay for test? though who knows, screwed up system.

I said "Hey Doc...I'm getting drug tested for health insurance, how long do I have to be "clean" before it won't show up"
She said "stay off for 3 weeks, then come back and see me to make sure you test clean" :dunno:

Pinner
01-29-2012, 09:08 AM
I drink a lot of water before and I give the last part of my urine stream to the sample, works every time ;)

rob the knob
01-29-2012, 09:11 AM
interesting. learn new thing.

I said "Hey Doc...I'm getting drug tested for health insurance, how long do I have to be "clean" before it won't show up"
She said "stay off for 3 weeks, then come back and see me to make sure you test clean" :dunno:

rob the knob
01-29-2012, 09:12 AM
you can fail for negative dilute
google it

Originally posted by Pinner
I drink a lot of water before and I give the last part of my urine stream to the sample, works every time ;)

ekguy
01-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Lot's and lot's of cranberry juice. The real shit not the crap from convenience stores.

Go to any organic food store and buy some. It'll suck because it's bitter like you wouldn't believe but if you throw a bit of apple juice in with it it'll help the test.

Was in the same boat as you a few months back and all i did was drink water, gym and cranberry juice and i passed....

I have since decided i'd rather spend my money on useful stuff rather than pot though so you may end up doing the same lol.

ae92gts
01-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
Lot's and lot's of cranberry juice. The real shit not the crap from convenience stores.

Go to any organic food store and buy some. It'll suck because it's bitter like you wouldn't believe but if you throw a bit of apple juice in with it it'll help the test.

Was in the same boat as you a few months back and all i did was drink water, gym and cranberry juice and i passed....

I have since decided i'd rather spend my money on useful stuff rather than pot though so you may end up doing the same lol.

like i said i have not smoked any pot for the last couple of weeks and have never felt better!! I already have a very active lifestyle (sports gym cars ect.) and not smoking has increased my energy dramatically. so needless to say i may just stop smoking all together and as you said spend my money on better things.

ekguy
01-29-2012, 04:32 PM

like i said i have not smoked any pot for the last couple of weeks and have never felt better!! I already have a very active lifestyle (sports gym cars ect.) and not smoking has increased my energy dramatically. so needless to say i may just stop smoking all together and as you said spend my money on better things.

i still smoke occasionally but really I find my life is a lot more fun without it. Like you said more energy, been dropping weight faster now that i don't smoke anymore as well.

in any case you should be fine. If I passed anyone can lol.

ae92gts
01-31-2012, 11:37 PM
Okay so my drug test for pre-employment was rescheduled to this afternoon

only given 3 hours of notice before the drug screen i was very nervous, i had only just finished my 7 day detox, and was recommended to me to wait 3 days after the pills were finished to achieve best results (10 days all together)

today being day 8 i was unsure of the outcome, so for 3 hours prior to the exam i ate fatty foods and drank as much water as possible.

I am very happy to say i passed the exam and physical

so i do highly recommend the Strip 7 day detox which is avalible at any hemp shop. :thumbsup:

davidI
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice work! I was just going to offer to sell you my urine but it looks like I'll have to make money in other ways...