PDA

View Full Version : gerry forbes in trouble?

finboy
01-29-2004, 11:00 PM
i was listening to forbes and friends on they way to work the other day and the he kept on appologizing for offending someone, anyone know anything about it?

euro tang
01-29-2004, 11:02 PM
for offending someone? what do u mean by that?

finboy
01-29-2004, 11:10 PM
dunno, he was appologizing saying he was joking around, and that he didn't mean to offend anyone, apperantly it was in the paper :dunno:

powerslave
01-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Yeah, it was in the Herald today, I just glanced at it, didn't really read it. Something about him making fun of Muslims or something? Not sure, too lazy to go get the paper.

finboy
01-29-2004, 11:34 PM
http://www.canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=931f9a0c-200a-44ab-a708-e7cbe272707b

found a link finally, hmm, "rather poor taste" indeed.

rc2002
01-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Ahahaha. Finboy, it sounds like something the guy in your Avatar would say. Awesome avatar!

Kona9
01-30-2004, 10:44 AM
It was only a matter of time before Forbes fucked up!!!!!!!

sputnik
01-30-2004, 10:48 AM
since Jack started up... i havent listened to CJAY in the mornings in a long time...

Matt and Eric are much funnier IMO

redec
01-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
It was only a matter of time before Forbes fucked up!!!!!!!

bah....this isn't the first time....whicksey has gotten in trouble for stuff he said on the air too.....it's not exactly a big deal imho

3g4me
01-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Its just a piece of comedy. If a group of caucasions (sp?) blew up the trade centres he would have made the same joke on white people, him being white as well, its all for shits and giggles.:D

syeve
01-30-2004, 11:09 AM
^^^ yah, I make fun of those stupid white bastards that blew up that building in Oklahoma.

91_Integz
01-30-2004, 12:29 PM
People take shit too seriously...it was a JOKE. I hate people that have nothing better to do then to complain. I don't see the difference between the joke Forbes said and anything said at a comedy club like Yuk Yuks. I personally think it was damn funny!

Ben
01-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 91_Integz
People take shit too seriously...it was a JOKE. I hate people that have nothing better to do then to complain. I don't see the difference between the joke Forbes said and anything said at a comedy club like Yuk Yuks. I personally think it was damn funny!

Yeah, stuff said at Comedy clubs is 100X worse. however, it is bound to happen on the radio at one point or another. Not everyone thinks the same, and when you go to a comedy club, you know what you're getting into, radio, you dont. I could care less, I know forbes and that he ment it only as a joke, but some people dont see it that way and some people are more sensitive and perhapse oversensitive to those issues and love to pounce on the opportunity to wave the race/nationality card whenever possible. Life is about compromise.

method
01-30-2004, 01:55 PM
the difference is, this a radio station. Easily offended religious types dont do to comedy clubs..

Redlyne_mr2
01-30-2004, 02:15 PM
When Im out west I listen to CJ on a regular basis, pretty good rock station haha but their morning show is definitely blue collar red neck it was only a matter of time

91_Integz
01-30-2004, 03:27 PM
I could see how it might be offensive but still, if you don't like it don't listen to it IMO
I just think people get offended too easily

hockeybronx
01-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Man I'm so sick of people who complain about things like that.

That morning show exists solely to make fun out of stupid things, that's why I listen to it in the morning. During the most suicidal part of my day I just want to laugh.

If people don't like it then they should change the fuggin channel. Beside Jodi Hughes's voice is soooo sexy!:hitit:

davidI
01-31-2004, 02:33 AM
I'm pretty sure Muslims are just perpetuating racism by bringing so much attention to such a sublime matter.

three.eighteen.
01-31-2004, 04:23 AM
heh, they apologized for a race joke last summer too...they just have to do it formally and all the crap for the sake of being politically correct

ninspeed
01-31-2004, 09:12 AM
i thought it was funny.... fuck people need to learn what a joke is....

redec
01-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Beside Jodi Hughes's voice is soooo sexy!:hitit:

:werd:

no_joke
01-31-2004, 05:40 PM
I don't think that joke was acceptable at all. I know he's only doing it for laughs but I don't think society needs these kinds of jokes right now.

GorG
01-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Damn, i had a dream last night that Forbes facked up/ i know this might sound crazy but i have dreams of the future, no jj, just coincidence, but he did fuck up or something in my dream. maybe i was listening to the radio some how when i was sleeping even thou i never listen to it.

RiCE-DaDDy
01-31-2004, 06:17 PM
horrible joke. very poor taste.

forbes should apologize, but the whole official complaint just brings uneccessary attention

90_Shelby
01-31-2004, 06:54 PM
CJAY92 Rocks what other station has a female stripper come in and give a female DJ a lap dance on the air for her anniversary.:hitit:

finboy
01-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
CJAY92 Rocks what other station has a female stripper come in and give a female DJ a lap dance on the air for her anniversary.:hitit:

or "the ride home show" where they all got TANKED to show how much it takes to be over the legal limit for driving, and then continue to drink for the rest of the show :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

itsalebaron
01-31-2004, 08:48 PM
People are cry babies nowadays ... its just a joke... these same poeple laugh at jokes about some other groups, be it .. women, lawyers, blondes, polish, jewish, dumb, deaf, black, asian ETC ETC ETC....bottom line is they are all PEOPLE ... yes even lawyers LOL

Hell half the jokes out there you can replace the person with someone you deem fit, blonde polish, newfie, it doesn't matter the joke still remains as funny.

So I say :whocares: keep the jokes rolling ...without them we'd be stuck with the cry babies telling us the world is such a terrible place..... this joke was no different then most stuff you'll find on any late night talk show:thumbsup:

Idratherbsidewayz
01-31-2004, 08:54 PM
^^^^^^^^

:werd:

People need to chill out, i don't flip when people start telling dumb polack jokes...

hockeybronx
01-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by no_joke
I don't think that joke was acceptable at all. I know he's only doing it for laughs but I don't think society needs these kinds of jokes right now.

If you don't like it then don't fucking listen to it. I'm sure CBC Radio will have some 'safer' listening for you. Fu<king panzy.

redec
02-01-2004, 11:31 AM

Fu<king panzy.

there's no need for that....everyone is entitled to thier own opinion

RC-Cola
02-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Beside Jodi Hughes's voice is soooo sexy!:hitit:

I've met Jodi on a couple of occasions and I have to say she is not as hot as she sounds. Each to there own though. :dunno:

redec
02-01-2004, 01:21 PM
dammit....I was happier not knowing what she looks like :P

Z_Fan
02-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Doh!

Ben
02-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by redec
dammit....I was happier not knowing what she looks like :P

THATS HER!?!?!

FUK OFF!

Ah life just took a turn for the worse!

Ajay
02-01-2004, 03:08 PM
It was in poor taste, shouldn't have been said on a radio talk show but what's done is done no point in re-living it.

Think the big issue that arises with this is the fact it was said on radio which ALOT of people listen to. I'm pretty sure it wasn't just Muslims that were offended by that comment there were probably plenty of white people that thought it was offensive as well. If Gerry Forbes said something like that in the comfort of his own home then no one would give a shit. Just the fact he's a well known radio personality in Calgary and he said it on what is probably the most listened to morning show in Calgary made it a big deal.

He apologized.....time to move on.

FiveFreshFish
02-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola

I've met Jodi on a couple of occasions and I have to say she is not as hot as she sounds. Each to there own though. :dunno:

She's got the perfect face for radio! :D

no_joke
02-01-2004, 03:11 PM

If you don't like it then don't fucking listen to it. I'm sure CBC Radio will have some 'safer' listening for you. Fu&lt;king panzy.

I didn't find the joke about Muslims going to Mecca so they can save money for when they fly a plane into a building particularly funny or in good taste. Oh wait, I guess that does make me a pansy! Damn, I wish I had the stones as big as yours so I could laugh at the joke.

Listen, I know Gerry Forbes is a good guy and he does a lot for the community through charities and such. But the fact of the matter is, I don't think the joke was appropriate at all. I respect the fact that he publically apologized and I think we can move on. I also respect your own opinion about what he did so there's no need for immature name-calling Like you, I'm just voicing my own opinion.

hockeybronx
02-01-2004, 11:19 PM
This thread has become completely useless. Bottom line is if you don't like what CJAY has to say, listen to something else.

Moderator please end this crap...:closed: