PDA

View Full Version : Food Shows

eiysa101
01-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Can't cook worth shit, but does anyone else enjoy watching food related shows? Couple of my favorite ones:

Kitchen nightmares - I like seeing the recap at the end to see if the owners actually used the advice Ramsey gave them. Like any reality show, I'm curious to know how much is scripted of the emotion between the owners and Ramsey.

Chef Hunter - really like this new show of where successful owners search for a new executive chef and have new chefs run the kitchen for 1 dinner service

I miss episodes of the Japanese iron chef,

Good eats with Alton brown. Good eats broke everything down and made everything pretty simple to learn how to cook. Plus with the lame comedy, it seem like you were watching a childrens show. Culinary Bill Nye the science guy lol. I don't think there are any more new episodes though.

chef @ home with michael smith - his dishes always look good and simple

Diner, drive-ins and dives

You gotta eat here- cdn versions of triple d it seems

Eat street - omg, the food they show here.....

The best thing you ever ate

flipstah
01-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Alton Brown retired 'Good Eats' and now hosts 'Iron Chef America'

'The Best Thing You Ever Ate' is the worst show to watch hungry lol.

Rachael Ray is awesome

Top Chef is good too!

If 'Iron Chef Japan came on DVD or Blu-Ray, def buying it!

dj_rice
01-29-2012, 04:43 PM
No Reservations Anthony Bourdain
The Layover
Bizarre Foods
In Search Of Perfection
Man Vs Food
Quantum Kitchen

flipstah
01-29-2012, 04:45 PM
A good one that I like is 'America's Test Kitchen' on PBS(!) of all places haha.

Very straight-forward and no fancy-schmancy special effects. Mmm.

Neil4Speed
01-29-2012, 04:52 PM
30 Minute Meals - Jamie Oliver

Good Eats Alton Brown is great too

D'z Nutz
01-29-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/images/kary.jpg

http://tvguide.ca/NR/rdonlyres/003B107B-8207-488B-89D8-AD0DDFDCDEB0/340732/bestrecipesever224.jpg

I want to taste her :love:

Civic_Drift
01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
I love watching Masterchef.

BlackRadon
01-29-2012, 11:25 PM
if you wanna learn some things Jamie Oliver is great and same with Michael smith. I really did like Alton Browns Tv show 'good eats'.

I really like Anthony Bourdians shows as well. So much so that i bought three of this books, which are all Great! books.

Wraith
01-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Top Chef, Eat St., and Glutton for Punishment are pretty good.

Seth1968
01-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/images/kary.jpg

http://tvguide.ca/NR/rdonlyres/003B107B-8207-488B-89D8-AD0DDFDCDEB0/340732/bestrecipesever224.jpg

I want to taste her :love:

Damn! I was going to post that. Although I'd be somewhat content just to see her tits.

Anywho, she's easy going and the show is "comfortable" to watch.

Trinzler
01-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Iron Chef America/Japan
No reservations
Kitchen Nightmares UK
Kitchen Nightmares US
Cooking with Heston
The layover with bourdain

heavyfuel
01-30-2012, 09:27 AM
No Reservations makes me wanna book a flight to wherever they are, like NOW.

Kitchen Nightmares always inspires me to do better in all areas of my life.

Diners, Drive Ins And Dives makes me wanna go on a road trip BIG TIME.

This new show Hairy Bikers, 2 large dudes on Harleys that travel across the US, they cook up some interesting stuff, usually in cast iron and that's all I ever use to cook almost everything I make. It's more of a backwoods redneck cuisine kinda show, but man did those battered buffalo frog's legs look good last night!

Euro_Trash
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Bitchin Kitchen - most entertaining cooking show out there

me_dennis
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Just wanted to add this one:

Everyday Italian

Giada is a friggin MILF!
http://cdn.nextround.net/upcoming/thumbs/2010/11/19/Giada-De-Laurentiis-Looking-Hot-In-a-Bikini-m.jpg

heavyfuel
01-30-2012, 03:37 PM
^^^Jesus H. Christ!!!

n1zm0
01-30-2012, 03:39 PM
i miss this guy:

idGvS0pKiC4

eiysa101
01-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Is Bourdain on the food network? I haven't seen him on tv in years.

I can't stand baking shows or dessert based shows. Sweet genius with the fag from the Reitmans commercial, cake boss, or the food network challenges where it's just people sculpting with melted sugar.:thumbsdow

Graham_A_M
01-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I like "chef at home" he's a brilliant chef from P.E.I. With a great twist on simple to prepare dishes that turn out amazing. That and probably diners, drive ins and dives. I'm almost running out of paper to jot down all these incredible places to eat all over north America. It's just mouth watering. Some fantastic food ideas too, so I record both shows on my pvr quite often as they've turned me from a god-awful cook to "chef gramsey" lol

Seth1968
01-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Going on my SCTV kick...

I vote for John Candy's cooking show.

XjiALuMbZmw

dj_rice
01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by eiysa101

I can't stand baking shows or dessert based shows. Sweet genius with the fag from the Reitmans commercial, cake boss, or the food network challenges where it's just people sculpting with melted sugar.:thumbsdow

Bourdain's shows are on the Travel Channel only.

BigDannyCool
01-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Bourdain's shows are on the Travel Channel only.

its on the discovery channel as well

dj_rice
01-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

its on the discovery channel as well

Yes they play the re-runs on Discovery.

eiysa101
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I'd hate to be a crew guy or Alton brown or the floor guy on iron chef. It'd suck to not be able to try some of the dishes they make

eiysa101
01-31-2012, 07:32 PM
..."......

BlackRadon
01-31-2012, 07:59 PM

I was watching TV with my dad and he said "I would never Want to hit anyone ever unless i have to, but i would love to punch that guy right in the noise" He was referring to that sweet genius guy haha. i laughed so hard lol

jwslam
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by me_dennis
Just wanted to add this one:
Everyday Italian
Giada is a friggin MILF!

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/giada-de-laurentiis-watched-her-food-network-show-still-dont-know-how-to-boil-water.jpg

Also, nobody said Bitchin' Kitchen?
I can't stand the accent lol

Worst chefs in america makes me feel so good about my non-existent cooking skills lolololol

bourge73
02-01-2012, 11:18 AM
That Bitchin Kitchen girl sucks and she drives me insane with her stupid accent. Giada :drool: she isnt a very good cook though but damn if I could care less I cant stop looking at her tits the entire show. Oh and that show French Food at Home ya not great but she has some serious cannons.

Trinzler
02-01-2012, 09:26 PM
If any of you lads have BBC UK check out Heston's (The fat duck) cooking show. It's really interesting to see how he uses molecular gastronomy compared to regular chefs.

Euro_Trash
02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Also, nobody said Bitchin' Kitchen?
I can't stand the accent lol

See first page ;) I stand by my original comment

dj_rice
02-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Trinzler
If any of you lads have BBC UK check out Heston's (The fat duck) cooking show. It's really interesting to see how he uses molecular gastronomy compared to regular chefs.

Its called In Search Of Perfection. But yes, me loves me some molecular gastronomy.

Fav Chefs
Richard Blais
Wylie Defresnes
Homaru Cantu

BlackRadon
02-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/giada-de-laurentiis-watched-her-food-network-show-still-dont-know-how-to-boil-water.jpg

Jesus. H Christ!:drool:

eiysa101
02-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Has anyone eaten at one of the hosts many restuarants? I'm sure in vegas a lot of these people run kitchens don't they?

me_dennis
02-13-2012, 05:34 PM
I've eaten at Babbo, Chef Mario Batalli's restaurant in NYC.

The food was amazing. I've heard the Tasting menu with wine pairings is amazing, but we opted to select a few items from the menu.

We got the grilled pork chops (best thing ever), rack of lamb, squid ink pasta to share, and octopus legs appy.

Has anyone eaten at one of the hosts many restuarants? I'm sure in vegas a lot of these people run kitchens don't they?

Disoblige
02-14-2012, 10:40 AM

Chef Hunter - really like this new show of where successful owners search for a new executive chef and have new chefs run the kitchen for 1 dinner service

+1, really enjoying this show as well.

I'm tired of seeing reality food shows where the entertainment lies in watching them fail (for the most part). This show on the other hand is quite the opposite.

EG6boi
02-16-2012, 02:21 AM
I love watching triple D but I hate it when I catch the 1-2am shows and I get so hungry.

I also like Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares US and UK. he's so funny when he loses his shit on people.

eiysa101
02-16-2012, 10:50 PM
lol @ the Nick Cannon Ice Cream Man gameshow. Makes me wonder how many people they have to edit out as i always thought food related trivia isnt really a common topic.

One of my fav parts of Chef Hunter is the flash card / notes they put across the screens, mainly the brief economics of a dinner service. I hope they have enough restaurants searching for chefs to keep this series going.

dj_rice
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
The Ice Cream Man game show is Canadian so I'm gonna try to find out where they film to see if I can make it on LOL

All my culinary training and knowledge can be fully utilized for $5K :thumbsup:

me_dennis
02-17-2012, 03:15 PM
nm

Trinzler
02-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Any body know when Bourdain's back with No Reservations ?

eiysa101
10-26-2012, 12:28 AM
What's with the surplus of overhaul shows these days? Takeover, Makeover, Stakeout, Nightmares, Bar Rescue. Saw a picture stating around 3/4s of the shows featured on Kitchen Nightmares still shut down. Hard to change a failing business in <week.

Though Ramsey is more fun to watch than Irving. I preferred Irving's mission impossible compared to restaurant show.