PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Nobody

Spoons
01-31-2012, 11:59 AM
oU_aIfityBQ

Who all has seen this? Awesome movie, very well done... But fuck I haven't been this intrigued/confused since Revolver.

I LOVE movies like this. Make you think, as well as it seems that there is no right answer onto what it is about, but completely up to interpretation.

If you've seen it what do you think it is about? Here is my take:

Personally I think Nemo is capable of traveling through each dimension to its end. Acording to theory, each decision we make stems off infinite dimensions and alternate time lines to what could have happened. The movie actually takes place when Nemo is 9 years old and needs to make the decision of to stay with his dad or mom (this is the point where he feels is going to dictate his life completely). According to string and dimension theories, time space is completely cyclical. There is no beginning and no end, so all time lines in general should come back to one "ending" thus you have Nemo at 119, in which he knows himself he is experiencing each timeline (and telling the story to the journalist for pure theatrical effect and better understanding of the story). He is living out each time line so that he can make his decision. He is able to do so because the Angels of Oblivion never touched his lips, so he never forgets. This is where I think the deja-vu part and his ability to see the future comes into play. At the beginning he says we always remember the past, but why do we never remember the future. Playing off of dimension theory and string theory, time only moves forward because we precieve time to move forward. The deja-vu that we get as humans is a quick glimpse, a ghost of what could/would have been, but we forget this image, while Nemo does not thus unlocking the ability to move through time freely (time is not linear we just precieve it that way). At the end of the movie he sees which path is the best (the Anna path) thus the "big crunch" where time collapses on itself and Nemo goes back where he makes his decision.

Yeah... That complicated.

BlackRadon
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
ill watch it tonight. Looks interesting for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Spoons
01-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by BlackRadon
ill watch it tonight. Looks interesting for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Make sure you have 2.5 hours to yourself of PURE CONCENTRATION. Literally no matter how stupid it seems in the movie, it is pivitol to the plot lol.

BlackRadon
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
I'll try my best haha. I like movies like these so i shouldnt have a problem.:thumbsup:

vrsc400
01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Saw this movie a month or so ago and I loved it!
And yeah, pay attention to EVERYTHING hahah

BlackRadon
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Started watching it last night..10 mins in the damn Dl stopped working. :banghead:

So, im DL another one right meow!

CanmoreOrLess
02-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I just put a hold on it at the library. Thanks for the recommendation.

Hakkola
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
It's pretty good, I can kind of see why it didn't do well at the box office, but I thought it was pretty damn cool.

JMaj7
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Spoiler :The
big crunch was the best unsettling ending altho its probably not gonna happen.