PDA

View Full Version : JDM Pistons... Who Has Connects ?

ConVict
09-15-2002, 11:00 PM
Well the project is run to a halt because I can't seem to find an overbored piston for my Block!
Anyone know of a shop that specilizes in JDM, or does anyone know if I would be able to use pure custom...
Importadrenalin ?
anyone else with a biz...
Its an Fe3 Mazda engine, its stock 2.0 L and I would like to bore .2-.3 over

B18C
09-15-2002, 11:32 PM
Shouldn't you already have this stuff? I'm seriously not trying to be a jackass here but I thought this engine was going in your probe like 3 months ago. Aren't pistons kinda essential for that or are you just trying to get a different set?

Sorry this is kinda off topic

ConVict
09-16-2002, 12:12 AM
my mechanic really likes to lie his ass off... saying he has a part, then he doesnt, then he cant find it, then he found it but it will take this long, then back to cant find it...
he straight up told me he had my block bored .3 over and was sitting at the machine shop waiting to get picked up... then i pay him and it turns into, .... A C U A L L Y i need jdm pistons and i cant find any...
" well didnt you say you had it bored out and had the forged pistons already "
-(mechanic) "well how could i do that if i dont have the pistons, you think i can bore it out with out the pistons to size it "
"but you said you had them AND bored it out "
(mechanic)"ya well JDM sucks and i cant find any "

so pretty much the fucking run around...
but i cant get my engine parts from him and go some where else... or i would have left a while ago

he told me this PROJECT would be done by march... didnt happen, so then he said july 100% sure...didnt happen... then we figured some stuff out and he said 2 weeks to a month max, then a month went by and now he is saying a min of 3 more months

max_boost
09-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Convict, your getting screwed hardcore man

How the hell do you put up with all that crap?:rolleyes:

James
09-16-2002, 12:24 AM
Thats Brutal, Shouldnt there be Contracts or something for shit like that?:dunno: like Saying it will be done in March...or July...or September:rolleyes: or maybe you shouldnt go to a Mechanic that lies like that.:confused:

Ed the SOHC
09-16-2002, 12:25 AM
man convict, you're getting fucked hard (IMO)... anyways, did u try tunerworks already?

B18C
09-16-2002, 12:38 AM
You're getting fucked man. Why can't you take your car to another shop? From my experience I know that major projects always have delays. And they can be HUGE delays if you aren't lucky. Your mechanic lying to you is another matter. If you can't trust your mechanic you should go find another one. I know I wouldn't trust my car to anyone that lies through their teeth all the time. :dunno:

ConVict
09-16-2002, 01:06 AM
the thing is, he bought some parts with his money to help me out! cause we are buddies, well we know each other enough for him to trust me...
so one issue is that i would feel damn awful going somewhere else!
and second off cause he has done me a lot of favors, even though in the end dont really turn out!!
so im more then sure i would make an enemy going somewhere else...

i want the job done, butim not in a rush to backstab someone that has done a lot for me even though he tends to lie...
so im kinda in a perdicament...

so anyone know where i can get some JDM pistons :p

boi-alien
09-16-2002, 01:08 AM
try tunerworks

2000impreza
09-16-2002, 07:12 AM
maybe call up some piston companies. JE, weisco,...etc and see if they will do custom.

ConVict
09-16-2002, 08:30 PM
haha called around to EVERYONE one today, best i got was... good luck! haha
called y mechanic back and he said.. YA I GOT EM..
my responce was, ok still going to take 3 months..
in return i got.. wellll not as long as 3 months anymore but its hard to tell...:thumbsdow

importadrenelin
09-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Hey ConVict try Yoko Motors...
N/M you got them... good luck with the car

ninjak84
09-21-2002, 04:04 PM
i asked the shop i go to through my car club, im just waiting for a reply....
sorry to hear about your car tho... yeesh, supposed to be done in march? it'll be nice when its done tho

ninjak84
09-21-2002, 09:00 PM
looks like your best bet is importing from JUN
sorry!

MassimoSales
10-01-2002, 01:50 PM
I know we sometimes come across jdm piston.