PDA

View Full Version : FS: G4 Mac Laptops (12" iBook, 17" PowerBook)

mittensthekitty
02-02-2012, 01:02 AM
I have two older Mac laptops for sale which are both still functional, and somewhat useful. The iBook would be a great cheap word processor/note-taker for a student, and the PowerBook is just freakin' cool.

I live in the southwest in Silverado, and work at Chinook, so pickup is possible in either of those two places.

1) 12" iBook G4 - $150

CPU: 1.2GHz PowerPC G4
RAM: 512MB PC2700 DDR (256mb SODIMM, 256mb built-in)
HDD: 160GB 5400RPM Parallel-ATA drive (upgraded)
Display: 1024x768 12" Matte LCD
WiFi: 802.11b/g
Optical Drive: CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard

This machine has an upgraded hard drive, which is the hardest upgradable component to replace on these machines. It would benefit from a RAM upgrade, but is functional as it is. The optical drive reads and burns CDs, and reads DVDs but does not burn. Wi-Fi is built-in through the AirPort Extreme card. This machine comes with an Apple authentic 45W power adapter which works great. The battery holds a charge for about two hours.

Cosmetically, the iBook is in excellent condition with no cracks, and no major scuffs.

I believe this is one of the better iBooks you'll find, for a very reasonable price. The fact that it could use more RAM is reflected in the price.

2) 17" PowerBook G4 - $200

CPU: 1.5GHz PowerPC G4
RAM: 1.5GB PC2700 DDR
HDD: 160GB 5400RPM Parallel-ATA drive (upgraded)
Display: 1440x900 17" Matte LCD
Bluetooth: 1.1
WiFi: 802.11b/g
Optical Drive: DVD-R SuperDrive (not Dual-Layer)
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard

This machine has an upgraded hard drive and upgraded RAM, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and a DVD burner. The battery has about 110 charge cycles on it, but will likely need to be recalibrated as it hasn't been used in a while. The machine comes with an aftermarket 65W power adapter which works just fine.

Cosmetically, there are some scuffs and blemishes, but the machine is functionally excellent. The keyboard is missing two keys, the Tab key (annoying) and the Function key (hardly notice it). There is a small dent upwards in the top case just left of the trackpad.

I believe the cosmetic condition is reflected in the price compared to the (ridiculous) prices other PowerBooks here are listed for, considering the upgraded hard drive and RAM.

davidI
02-02-2012, 03:13 AM
What is the price?

mittensthekitty
02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Derp. Prices updated in original post, sorry.