PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a 96-99 SUV w/3rd row seats

sweetberrylady
01-30-2004, 02:32 AM
I'm trying to figure out what older model SUV's have 3rd row seats. Can't afford a new model, spending at most around 10/11 thousand. I need the space that a van allows (I have 3 sons who have lots of friends!), but I hate the way they look! I've never owned a SUV, so I'm not very familiar with them. From what I've found out so far, most are V8. I'd rather have a V6 because I believe it would be more economical, but then someone told me that wasn't always true. He said that actually the V8 pulls the weight more efficiently...not sure how much truth is in that since he was a car salesman!? Could someone please give some info to me? Thanks ;)

sxtasy
01-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Well have you looked into the Yukon and Suburban. Great vehicles in my opinion.

If you are going to be hauling around a lot of stuff and people I would opt for a V8. I was comparing gas mileage with a 4.3L GM engine and a 5.7L GM. The 4.3 only got one more mile per gallon better on the highway and I believe 2 miles per gallon better in the city. I think that the V6 SUV would drop dramatically in mileage once you put a load on it, as you would be working the engine much harder than the V8.

Most full size SUV's with third row seats are V8's. I am not sure where exactly you live so I dont know how far 10-11 grand will get you. Good Luck in your search:thumbsup:

theken
01-30-2004, 03:04 AM
i like the durango, we used to have one sweet rides

rc2002
01-30-2004, 10:14 AM
If you could scrape up the extra cash you could go with a Honda Pilot or Acura MDX (they're both V6 and seat 8). The lease rates are quite attractive and they wouldn't depreciate like the domestics so you'd save money in that department...

screamer316
02-27-2004, 11:38 PM
S U B U R B A N :bigpimp:

All other SUV's are its bitches! :rofl:

joegrang
03-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Pacifica's are pretty nice too not as big as suburbans but they do have the 3rd row

jer82
03-02-2004, 12:19 PM
I have a friend who has a 95 suburban for sale that seats 9 people if you would like more information or a picture pm me...

He is looking for around 11,000 obo...

meithkiller
03-03-2004, 09:12 AM
I will admit up front that I am a Toyota fan so take this how you want...

Check into the older Toyota Land Cruisers (80s and 90s). They seat either 7 or 8 and are rugged, dependable and do wonderful off-road. The downside is their gas mileage is poor. Most SUVs, capable of seating seven, have poor gas mileage. The newer ones like the MDX do better but are less truck and more minivan.

Just my .02...