PDA

View Full Version : Broken watch face

me_dennis
02-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Alright watch people, I've got a question.

I dropped my watch yesterday and shattered the face :cry:
It's not a crazy expensive watch or anything but I'd like to know where I can get it fixed, if at all. I'm hoping it can be fixed cuz it's my everyday watch. Also, any idea how much it would cost to fix it?

Thanks!

edit:
here's a picture of the watch if this helps
http://resources-0.select2gether.com/shopping/images/real/30/38/04/marc-by-marc-jacobs-watch-men's-chronograph-black-silicone-bracelet-mbm-30380470.jpg

Go4Long
02-02-2012, 10:07 AM
While I have no idea what it will cost, I do predict that you will need to provide more information...ie what kind of watch it is.

colsankey
02-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I've had a watch crystal face replaced at the Watchwarehouse near Barlow/32nd NE for about $45.

That was a fairly basic, flat face on a bulova watch that had more sentimental than monetary value.

They can repair just about anything on a watch, you just have to pay for it. As for the exact cost, you'll want to take it in and get someone who can see it, give you an estimate.

me_dennis
02-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Awesome, that's exactly the information I was looking for, thanks colsankey!

rony_espana
02-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I had a sapphire crystal put into a watch there and I think it was only about $70.

Destinova403
02-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Take the watch to Joe at Sears Chinook. Hes the best repair guy in town for watches and he will be able to give you an accurate assessment.

Graham_A_M
02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
A close friend if mine works at J Vair Anderson right beside Eau Claire on 3rd street. Bryn; He's a gifted watchmaker and repairs some of the nicest available in Canada (some well over $100k +). Take it to him. Tell him Graham referred you.
:thumbsup:
He's done a bunch of repairs on my various watches. A lot of them now work far better then new.

Same with a handful of other members I've referred over to him. (I wont mention names; but some of them come up fairly often in the "nice watch" thread)

geoffreyjames
01-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Bumping an older thread...

I need the crystal (actually plastic) on my 1918 Elgin pocket watch replaced. Anyone know of a shop in town that works on pocket watches?

Thanks!