PDA

View Full Version : Beyond.ca Driven 2012 Input thread

Pages : [1] 2

Mark Seto
02-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Hi folks.
re: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/348678/beyond-ca-presents-driven-2012-olympic-oval-june-9/

Been 2 years since our last Driven event in Calgary. Would love to get input from folks on what they would like to see/not see this year.

Type_S1
02-03-2012, 01:35 AM
1. the rap battles were awesome whenever you had them
2. breakdance competition was pretty decent but get all the noobs out of it
3. bikini contest is a must; seeing some more known import models would be decent as well
4. cars have been decent from most of the shows I have been to...but would not like to see ANY and I mean ANY RHD pieces of shit unless they are completely ridiculous builds. Some of the lames ass RX7's and skylines I saw did not deserve floor space.
5. An RC car track for races or different contests like jumps or whatever would be sweet. People would probably pay to enter into these if you charged.
6. If companies are setting up stands there make them give out some decent promotional shit or dont let them have a stand.

Could name a lot more but I'm tired and not thinking...

Redlyne_mr2
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
The ill motion show and shine last summer had some awesome cars, there weren't to many bad builds there, I know it's tough to control the caliber of cars but I think some sort of minimum requirement should be arranged.

If you could keep it dark in the venue with some crazy lighting, the HIN style look really works and makes the show look all the more impressive.

schocker
02-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
4. cars have been decent from most of the shows I have been to...but would not like to see ANY and I mean ANY RHD pieces of shit unless they are completely ridiculous builds. Some of the lames ass RX7's and skylines I saw did not deserve floor space.

This x1000 :rofl:

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
If you could keep it dark in the venue with some crazy lighting, the HIN style look really works and makes the show look all the more impressive.
Can the oval even be made dark during the day time?

jzz30dk
02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
i agree with some sort of standard for the cars, no one likes going to a show and seeing shit or boring cars. i think RHD is fine as long as its a clean car that deserves to be there, not all the RHD cars around here are junk, believe it or not. junk is junk wether its RHD or not.

also i hate going to shows and seeing bone stock cars that just rolled off the lot.

bikini contest would be good. :poosie:

maybe a band instead of rap battles

J-hop
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I think driven is a pretty good show as it is, break dancing competition is pretty entertaining. Bikini competition would be pretty good to see, but to be honest with some of the "talent" I see modelling at the show I don't know if I would want to see what beasts would get up on stage haha.

Originally posted by Type_S1

I actually don't mind this, I personally enjoy having a few laughs at people with a twisted sense of what's cool. The last time I was there I saw some probe with what looked to be a glued on wing (or he slapped on a ton of sealant) and just a complete hack job on the rest of the car, had me smiling for quite a while.

If I were to limit a particular car it would have to be the number of black gts-t skylines in average condition. I see those every damn day!

Graham_A_M
02-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Please, PLEASE have standards, and judges that actually know what goes into building cars.

The last event I put any of my cars into was SCN way back when we still had it.
I was pretty turned off there, and haven't been to a show since. Mainly because it was retarded seeing these 15+ year old civics with screwed in body kids (a couple had rust, er "Speed holes"), bald tires & mis-matched paint :rolleyes:
Mechanically some of them were pretty much stock with simple over the (generic) parts counter "mods".

Its just like..... wow really? I know in the manner of making money, AND having a good turnout its generally unwise to turn down people that are willing to pay to be a part of the show; but there absolutely has to be standards. Some of the cars wouldn't even make you look twice in any instance; but here in a show (that people pay to attend) is really out of touch.

The other thing is that if events are to be handed out; the judges should really have a good understanding for what goes into builds and so forth.

I remember seeing a couple cars that had incredible amounts of work done, and LOTS of time spent on them only to lose to a car (as 1 example) with rims & stereo.... that was it. :nut:

A Bikini contest is a good bet, same with a rap battle. A "Drift" R/C track would be really cool, with a time slot available between races for new people to get to try some of the demo cars. That would be a way of getting 'into' the sport (a little) at no cost to the general public.
I know that would be a bit hard to work out; as who would supply the demo cars but its just an idea, and I think that would quickly become a a crowd favorite. If you did have a track; even if you didn't have public demo's, it would be really cool in a dark arena if the cars had glow in the dark paint schemes with all the necessary black lighting.

Originally posted by schocker
Can the oval even be made dark during the day time?
As dark as you want. ;)

OriginalGoods
02-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I would like a spot in the show please .

streethondas
02-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by OriginalGoods
I would like a spot in the show please .

you can bring your engine ;)

OriginalGoods
02-03-2012, 09:58 PM
The motor that made more whp then yours ? Its not the same block haha. So we will see what kind of numbers this spring. My matte black ef8 is my best build to this date.

blackpeople
02-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I refuse to pay any money to attend an event with B series swapped hondas that are gutted with flat black paint jobs and dont even make 150 hp. If i wanted to see that i would go to the lawn and garden show.

Vtek y0
02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
^^^ lool

streethondas
02-03-2012, 10:38 PM
The motor that made more whp then yours ? Its not the same block haha. So we will see what kind of numbers this spring. My matte black ef8 is my best build to this date.

Mines stock....:confused: + 7whp is quite alot don't you think :rofl:

Hallowed_point
02-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by blackpeople
I refuse to pay any money to attend an event with B series swapped hondas that are gutted with flat black paint jobs and dont even make 150 hp. If i wanted to see that i would go to the lawn and garden show.

:rofl: x2 A good mix of different cars would be key for me..if it's all imports - not interested

Cos
02-03-2012, 10:45 PM

Davex
02-03-2012, 10:57 PM
hrmm if this is really happening then i'll have something up my sleeve as far as sharpie goes. i had a bunch of fun doing a sharpie r6, the next time around i'm doing 4 wheels.

OriginalGoods
02-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by streethondas

Mines stock....:confused: + 7whp is quite alot don't you think :rofl:

Compared to your factory rating and my factory rating . Its wicked ! Don't hate man .

streethondas
02-03-2012, 11:41 PM

Compared to your factory rating and my factory rating . Its wicked ! Don't hate man .

Lol sure dude I love hating :poosie:

OriginalGoods
02-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Just wait , once I get my 13sec N/A B-series swapped slip from Castrol you can hate some more.

streethondas
02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
i dont live my life a quarter mile a time.....loool all in all i like my car/clutch and i know you have gone through alot of them...back on top ek is going to driven :love:

roll_over
02-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Pizza eating contest like the OG days

and orange turbo 86's

kfon
02-04-2012, 08:05 AM
^^^ +100
it'll be fun to watch a eating contest.

Bikini contest is a must or even better, a wet t-shirt contest.

Anything is fine at the show. People running the show should go and look over cars entering prior.

NO D-BAG music. good music...please..none of those autotune crap. more old school music or somehting with a good beat. we all know 2011 is the year for the worst music.

Put a real dj in there. Not the ones u see at shitty clubs that just smash two tracks together or just change the pitch or just add a jerk that autotunes himself into a track and yet ,call themselves a dj.

Mibz
02-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Eating contest? I might just show up.

Ron@Revolution
02-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Please, PLEASE have standards, and judges that actually know what goes into building cars.

The other thing is that if events are to be handed out; the judges should really have a good understanding for what goes into builds and so forth.

I remember seeing a couple cars that had incredible amounts of work done, and LOTS of time spent on them only to lose to a car (as 1 example) with rims & stereo.... that was it. :nut:

Theres judging at these shows? :dunno:

Maxt
02-04-2012, 10:02 AM
What's wrong with just having a car show? I know as I get older, I have less and less patience for going to shows with blaring music and events at car shows that have nothing to do with the cars.. Even when I was turning 30, I disliked blaring annoying music at car shows, 10 year later, it grates my nerves even more.
I think it stigmatizes the import car culture more than it promotes it.

OriginalGoods
02-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by blackpeople

its just cause you see my car on a regular basis kino haha

turbotrip
02-04-2012, 04:30 PM
no stock cars that cost less than $70,000 msrp please

Graham_A_M
02-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Ron@Revolution

Theres judging at these shows? :dunno:

There was when I used to attend. 1st place Mazda, Honda, Toyota (etc).

I was sucked out of 1st by a guy with a bone stock 03 Protege', with some shitty stereo. Like..... really?:rolleyes:

KRyn
02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

Only $70,000? If I wanted to see some hurting M3s I will go to the BMW dealership. I would say a minimum of $100,000, unless it is modified heavily like rage2's old HPF M3.

swak
02-04-2012, 05:00 PM

There was when I used to attend. 1st place Mazda, Honda, Toyota (etc).

I was sucked out of 1st by a guy with a bone stock 03 Protege', with some shitty stereo. Like..... really?:rolleyes:

THIS!! ... so much

When i had my corrado in DTP (back when it was dtp... haha) and lost to a Brand new off the lots GTi with just a stereo system in the back... Wasn't to impressed.

... hell, i'll do judging if they can't get people judging who know their cars.

Cos
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM

FraserB
02-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I should try to enter the truck:D

blackpeople
02-04-2012, 07:44 PM

its just cause you see my car on a regular basis kino haha
It has nothing to do with me seeing your car on a regular basis. I would be rather livid if I didn't know you and payed money for a show and that's what was on display. Cars like yours are for parking lot meets/shows. I personally like cars like the blue 900whp turbo street driven camaro, The crazy build on the silver supra in the vex booth, or the exotic cars in Mike Bolts booth. I like to see cars that I don't see everyday.

OriginalGoods
02-05-2012, 04:03 AM
:burnout:

Trinzler
02-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Bring back that illmotion asian chick with the blonde hair :drool:

frozenrice
02-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Who cares what kind of cars there are? Minimum standards? $70,000 - $100,000? Isn't this supposed to be a CAR ENTHUSIASTS' event or is it just a big show and tell to see who has the deepest pockets?
The import car scene in Calgary is dying (if not dead already) and no wonder.

:dunno:

That.Guy.S30
02-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Who cares what kind of cars there are? Minimum standards? $70,000 - $100,000? Isn't this supposed to be a CAR ENTHUSIASTS' event or is it just a big show and tell to see who has the deepest pockets?
The import car scene in Calgary is dying (if not dead already) and no wonder.

:dunno:

You should re-read the point they are trying to get across. Stock cars with sound systems wins best of *make* (rigged? Possibly) The scene is not dead, just the lack of quality builds.

J-hop
02-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip

Or just no stock cars.

It's an enthusiast show after all, not an owners show....

frozenrice
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by That.Guy.S30

You should re-read the point they are trying to get across. Stock cars with sound systems wins best of *make* (rigged? Possibly) The scene is not dead, just the lack of quality builds.

I should clarify that my comment was meant to inlclude those comments about RHD cars and Civics as well. I see where you are coming from.

swak
02-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

Or just no stock cars.

It's an enthusiast show after all, not an owners show....

I would say if its a tasteful older stock car, well kept, that would be considered enthusiast appreciative.

Graham_A_M
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
:burnout:

Wow, good post! I very much agree. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Trinzler
Bring back that illmotion asian chick with the blonde hair :drool:

A good variety of girls is always a big hit. Preferably cute ones with an hour glass figure & a big rack. But thats just me. :rofl: :rofl:

streethondas
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM

A good variety of girls is always a big hit. Preferably cute ones with an hour glass figure & a big rack. But thats just me. :rofl: :rofl:

:werd:

89s1
02-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by swak

I would say if its a tasteful older stock car, well kept, that would be considered enthusiast appreciative.

Agreed 100%

Being a smaller scene like we are, we should expect to see a few wavy paintjobs at the show, its the nature of the beast.

If you don't want to see an old civic on its second or third (wavy) paintjob then you're going see newer, less modified cars on their well polished factory paint.

Reading this thread, there are people that hate both ends of this spectrum, but it is the reality.

J-hop
02-05-2012, 02:53 PM

Oh yea sure I'd be ok with a stock iconic car (like a mint ae86) or an old car thats been restored back to original, but in general the stock cars you see at shows like driven are either just run of the mill grocery getters with maybe tint and stickers or high end bimmer/mercs/etc with different wheels and that is the extent of their mods. Cars like that (as someone mentioned) are better left to the parking lots of timmys or Starbucks not car shows.

swak
02-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

Oh yea sure I'd be ok with a stock iconic car (like a mint ae86) or an old car thats been restored back to original, but in general the stock cars you see at shows like driven are either just run of the mill grocery getters with maybe tint and stickers or high end bimmer/mercs/etc with different wheels and that is the extent of their mods. Cars like that (as someone mentioned) are better left to the parking lots of timmys or Starbucks not car shows.

... yeah, i know what you're talking about.
Way too much Straight up off the lot cars there (ie. current or 2-3 yr. old cars). And they are the ones who place first in their div. :banghead:

roll_over
02-05-2012, 03:12 PM
new cars need time to build an after market, i think they need to give more things away.

Canmorite
02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Break dancing comps are always awesome to watch. I think at night in the Oval would be rad as well with nice lighting set ups.

03ozwhip
02-06-2012, 08:16 AM
+100000 for no rigged wins for friends, jesus christ. same thing as me, i and alot of other people thought i should have won best mitsu(back in the day at DTP) but a good friend of the judge won it, i had way more mods and it was clean too.

anyways, i think that as far as picking judges goes, you should setup some sort of list to sign up from Beyond instead of picking your own, i think judging will be alot more fair, or even a spectators choice judging of categories.

Cos
02-06-2012, 08:28 AM

03ozwhip
02-06-2012, 08:39 AM
^^it was either 05 or 06....

max_boost
02-06-2012, 10:36 AM
With all these inputs looks like there will be no cars qualified for the show :rofl:

rage2
02-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
^^it was either 05 or 06....
I was a judge those years, and I don't remember any favoritism. Of course, my judging might've been slightly skewed because I favored clean cars and cars with mods that made sense and works well together. Some of the other judges based their scores on how much stuff was installed, so you would have these cars that had so much stuff tacked on it got tons of points, and hence, won.

Originally posted by max_boost
With all these inputs looks like there will be no cars qualified for the show :rofl:
haha ya, can't please everyone. If I do enter, it's going to be wheels and that's it lol.

03ozwhip
02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I was a judge those years, and I don't remember any favoritism. Of course, my judging might've been slightly skewed because I favored clean cars and cars with mods that made sense and works well together. Some of the other judges based their scores on how much stuff was installed, so you would have these cars that had so much stuff tacked on it got tons of points, and hence, won.

i guess i should clarify, i dont know( and i doubt ) that it was actually rigged, but from what i heard around, there was alot of favoritism and from what people were telling me( and i thought myself) just in my situation, my car would have been the easiest decision based on even what you think.

ya it had a body kit, but it was a proper body kit, not real ricey(even for back then lol) had some interior stuff(seats, shifter, pedals, cf stuff), not much engine stuff(intake, custom exhaust, blue loom lol),cf evo hood, tint
, some suspension work(lowered on shocks and springs), a nice clean system and wheels.

the guy that won had a cf hood, lowered, wheels, I/H/E, seats, rad and oil caps lol and a god awfully installed and looking system. the real difference was that my car was an OZ, his was an RA, mine was yellow, his was white and that i didnt know the judges, he knew alot of them and was good friends with a few of them.

or maybe im completely wrong and all the judges hated yellow cars? lol i dunno, either way its all specualtion but still, i wasnt the only one to think this, ive heard it on multiple occasions through these events, i would like to see it judged from an outsiders point of view.

FraserB
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
I'll enter my Jeep if someone can convince two more trucks, I nominate Cos. We need a booth for the operators of the douchbag vehicles.

Alternatively, I will judge. Most of the people I know on here are either truck guys or I know through non-car ways. So I'm not even close to being biased

Unknown303
02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I'll enter my Jeep if someone can convince find two more trucks, I nominate Cos. We need a booth for the operators of the douchbag vehicles.

Alternatively, I will judge. Most of the people I know on here are either truck guys or I know through non-car ways. So I'm not even close to being biased

I'll bring my Jeep too!

03ozwhip
02-06-2012, 01:29 PM
i would also like to volunteer to judge if possible.

Cos
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM

FraserB
02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Cos

I would like to bring both my vehicles. Maybe we can have a domestic booth. Haha

I think if we added them all together with mods, we could meet the 100k requirement

Mark Seto
02-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Great feedback guys.

We are not looking for more judges, no offence to those offering.

I think everyone entering their vehicle into the show risks getting judged incorrectly, we'll never be 100%, there will always be unhappy people.

I can tell you that we have revamped our judging in 2010. New categories, based on recognition, rather than specific categories.

Example - 2 VERY close M3s

1. Clean german tuner inspired, classic lines, accented by high end bolt ons and rare and expensive wheels and performance mods including supercharger
2. Slammed Cali style M3 with custom body kit , custom paint and graphics, In care DVDs, subwoofers, mechanical amp racks, bolt on CAI, no other engine mods

Both are CLEAN

Old results:
- could go either way because there can only be one Best M3.

New Results
- both could get awards, recognized both for their work, one for Best M3 Performance, one for BEST M3 Show

Which BMW was better? - too close to call. Cop-out,? -perhaps, but the owners were looking at achieve recognition for specific reason or goal, in this case, both have.

On the flipside...
Ten M3s show up. All are dirty and unworthy, there are no Best M3s, no one takes home a trophy.

Mark Seto
02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Lit vs Dark - always a debate.

In Winnipeg we do lights out - but competitors needs to speed more money on electricity ($100) and lighting. The people in Winnipeg love it

The Oval has more challenges with lighting, we can investigate this but is Calgary ready to invest more money into lighting and electricity?

Graham_A_M
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

i guess i should clarify, i dont know( and i doubt ) that it was actually rigged, but from what i heard around, there was alot of favoritism and from what people were telling me( and i thought myself) just in my situation, my car would have been the easiest decision based on even what you think.

ya it had a body kit, but it was a proper body kit, not real ricey(even for back then lol) had some interior stuff(seats, shifter, pedals, cf stuff), not much engine stuff(intake, custom exhaust, blue loom lol),cf evo hood, tint
, some suspension work(lowered on shocks and springs), a nice clean system and wheels.

the guy that won had a cf hood, lowered, wheels, I/H/E, seats, rad and oil caps lol and a god awfully installed looking system.

I think I remember talking to you at that show. It was DTP in 06 I believe.
Im pretty sure I remember how dismayed you were that he won too.

Same thing with me like I said; but there were a lot of cars that should have won; but didn't.

I left there not really knowing WTF they graded the cars on. :nut:
Either way; I thought regardless; thats the last car show Im entering with anything I own.
Maybe that'll change when I finish my '38 Chevy, but we'll see.

Sugarphreak
02-06-2012, 05:08 PM

mr2mike
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Mark,
Getting back on track...

Food Vendors... maybe get some of those licensed resturant chariot on wheels. Wouldn't mind trying some of them out. Gives them good advertising and gets everyone a decent place for a meal that spend all day there.

I think redlyne wants the lights out because it helps make the models look better.
Some of the talent in the past has been marginal at best. Maybe a beyond street team to recruit the weekend prior?

Graham_A_M
02-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Mark,
Getting back on track...

Food Vendors... maybe get some of those licensed resturant chariot on wheels. Wouldn't mind trying some of them out. Gives them good advertising and gets everyone a decent place for a meal that spend all day there.

I think redlyne wants the lights out because it helps make the models look better.
Some of the talent in the past has been marginal at best. Maybe a beyond street team to recruit the weekend prior?

Word about the food vendors. Some good Beef Donair place and a few others would be great. I remember how much it sucked eating pop & chips for the duration of the show. :rofl:

I think we need to budget for better talent if dimming the lights is required to make the girls some what passable.

Then again, pitch black would be ideal if LudeGirl is going to make an appearance again. :barf:
I know she's long gone from the scene (then again those turbo
tats are permanent) but it still keeps an eye open at night.
It may be a wise idea to contact some modeling agencies. Id be interested to see how much some of them would charge to do the show. Probably a lot more reasonable then some of the girls hired on for much more mainstream auto-tuning productions. We have some wicked talent in this city too, may as well promote it.

Shlade
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
get that pimp james to call up some of his girls

swak
02-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Word about the food vendors. Some good Beef Donair place and a few others would be great. I remember how much it sucked eating pop & chips for the duration of the show. :rofl:

I think we need to budget for better talent if dimming the lights is required to make the girls some what passable.

Then again, pitch black would be ideal if LudeGirl is going to make an appearance again. :barf:
I know she's long gone from the scene (then again those turbo
tats are permanent) but it still keeps an eye open at night.
It may be a wise idea to contact some modeling agencies. Id be interested to see how much some of them would charge to do the show. Probably a lot more reasonable then some of the girls hired on for much more mainstream auto-tuning productions. We have some wicked talent in this city too, may as well promote it.

I always just walked down the hallway to the Mac Hall food court... Get a sandwich or something...

and haha... if i can't judge the entries, id definitely say a beyond meet for the model search would be ideal

Abeo
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Mark,
Getting back on track...

After reading that, I have it pictured in my mind ~10 food trucks hardparked in a row :rofl:

Grab some neon lights to put under the truck (ie: underglow), pump some cheesy tunes... this could work

Cos
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM

RZRSHARP_SVX
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
i would like to try and get my car out to another show. i am down for this.

Kijho
02-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Saw someone mention lighting earlier here somewhere..
Completely agree. Two years ago the place was lit to shit with those god awful fluorescent white lights, place felt so plain and empty, cold boring light hitting dirty plain concrete flooring.

Would like better lighting, better vendors, more girls, and higher standards for the cars.

guessboi
02-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Lots of good ideas. Mark...whats the budget for the show? :D

JAYMEZ
02-07-2012, 12:14 AM
The Winnipeg was pretty damn good with lights off. Much better show for sure

joker
02-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Just FYI for everyone about food, venues make it very tough for outside food vendors to come in.
The food vendor has to pay for space in the show, power and water, and possibly refridgeration. On top of that venues will normally demand 25% of gross sales from the vendor. This makes coming out to events very cost prohibitive for them, and venues want to take your money for their own internal food services.
The likelyhood of outside food vendors is slim and none because of this.

..*JDM Hatch*..
02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Get some slurpee machines, 2010 was hot as balls. So slurpee machine would make huge $$$. well atleast a few bucks from me anyways. Haha.

J-hop
02-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by joker
Just FYI for everyone about food, venues make it very tough for outside food vendors to come in.
The food vendor has to pay for space in the show, power and water, and possibly refridgeration. On top of that venues will normally demand 25% of gross sales from the vendor. This makes coming out to events very cost prohibitive for them, and venues want to take your money for their own internal food services.
The likelyhood of outside food vendors is slim and none because of this.

Yea no way in hell is chartwells going to let outside food vendors in to steal potential sales.

KRyn
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
American Gladiators jousting arena where members compete for glory and bragging rights!

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/348888/if-you-could-/

Squishy
02-07-2012, 05:30 PM

I always just walked down the hallway to the Mac Hall food court... Get a sandwich or something...

and haha... if i can't judge the entries, id definitely say a beyond meet for the model search would be ideal Ill show up for model search :p

Unknown303
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Squishy
Ill show up for model search :p

Me too. :poosie:

Shlade
02-07-2012, 11:48 PM
anybody gonna be entering their bikes?

Mark Seto
02-09-2012, 11:25 AM
In the past Calgary Ground Pilots has shown up with 10+ bikes.

I'll be reaching out to them again, but more bikes are welcomed.

swak
02-09-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm working with DoC from CGP to try and get CGP numbers.
PM me if you want to put your bike in (if you're not on cgp).
Ill be putting my r6 in.

Would be rad to see some bikes from beyond in the display as well.

Artega
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
What about a parkour Demostration?
No Limit AFC is awesome.
I think that's a lot more interesting than some rap competition.

I did however enjoyed the dance from a few years back. Shadow twins?

Mark Seto
02-09-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm working with DoC from CGP to try and get CGP numbers.
PM me if you want to put your bike in (if you're not on cgp).
Ill be putting my r6 in.

Would be rad to see some bikes from beyond in the display as well.

Thanks Swak! Can you or have DoC contact me when you have a minute? I want to make sure I reserve a good spot for the bikes.

Mark Seto
02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Artega
What about a parkour Demostration?
No Limit AFC is awesome.
I think that's a lot more interesting than some rap competition.

I did however enjoyed the dance from a few years back. Shadow twins?

O4IkQrAbyAo

I'm a huge fan also. I'll see if I can get them back.

Does anyone have No Limit AFC contacts? I think it would be a great fit.

Moonracer
02-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I like the live band idea, that would rock! :thumbsup:

Artega
02-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Mark Seto

I'm a huge fan also. I'll see if I can get them back.

Does anyone have No Limit AFC contacts? I think it would be a great fit.

PM'ed

swak
02-09-2012, 04:17 PM

Thanks Swak! Can you or have DoC contact me when you have a minute? I want to make sure I reserve a good spot for the bikes.

I believe he has tried, and had the e-mail bounce back...

Can you PM me your contact info so i can pass it on?
:thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey Swak, Im down for putting my bike in. Its about the only thing ready or show worthy at this point LOL. email me at monetteaudio (at) mail.com
Its in the bike gallery under `07 Triumph daytona 675 if you need to see pics for "show readiness" or whatever.

swak
02-09-2012, 04:44 PM
graham, is that meant to be gmail? or just mail dot com?

You're triumph is sexy as hell, so yes if you're down... That bike's gotta be there :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
02-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Just mail.com for that one.

I`ll PM you my gmail as well, as its my full name (at) gmail.com

Can we get power to the bike section? I wouldn`t mind hooking mine up to a 12v power source as I would like to try some underglow by then (last time using it was 12 years ago LOL), and wouldn`t mind having my HID running the whole show.

Davex
02-09-2012, 05:01 PM
where can i inquire about buying booth space??

Mark Seto
02-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Davex
where can i inquire about buying booth space??

I'd be happy to help you with exhibitor space.

Davex
02-10-2012, 01:51 AM

I'd be happy to help you with exhibitor space. emailed. Thanks for the reply mark.

Trinzler
02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4698234790_ea9b587cd2_b.jpg

More of this chick ! :drool:

Mark Seto
02-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Trinzler

More of this chick ! :drool:

Pretty obvious who you need to put the request to :)

JEFFRIX
02-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
anybody gonna be entering their bikes?

+1

Shlade
02-13-2012, 10:06 AM
im looking forward to getting my bike done in time for this... Sigh... time go bust out the CCard and order more parts online lol

Mark Seto
02-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
im looking forward to getting my bike done in time for this... Sigh... time go bust out the CCard and order more parts online lol

I suspect we'll have a large Calgary Gound Pilots display,

Having said that, if for some reason they close off registration for their club or you want to have your own space, you can register directly with Driven.

Last year, there was a beyond area and their were several bikes there as well. I haven't seen an "official Beyond.ca members rollcall for Driven yet" but hopefully someone will take the initiative to organize all the beyond members who want to compete and show off.

Redlyne_mr2
02-13-2012, 11:35 PM
$100 entry for non prequalified cars, free entry for prequalified cars.

Cos
02-14-2012, 09:01 AM