PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Chinese Edmonton

Supa Dexta
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Anyone know a good chinese buffet in edmonton with good 'canadian' chinese food? Chicken balls, ginger beef, egg rolls.. that type of thing.

statick
02-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Szechuan Castle has better food than some of the others, but all that grease and MSG did not sit well with me.

grwnded
02-03-2012, 07:18 PM
The lingnan is hands down my fav restaurant in Edmonton. Great Chinese and the service is awesome. This is the place that had it's own tv show on citi tv.

boarderfatty
02-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by grwnded
The lingnan is hands down my fav restaurant in Edmonton. Great Chinese and the service is awesome. This is the place that had it's own tv show on citi tv.

They are one of the most unique restaurants in Edmonton, but that being said it is not a buffet, and also not as white washed as I think the OP is looking for. If you do go for the hot and dry chicken (AKA Amy's crack chicken)

dj_rice
02-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Beijing House
Szechuan Paramount

And maybe Buffet Royale Carvery is all I can think of

Tried Elegant Court Restaraunt a few weeks back. They had maybe a 10-15 item Chinese buffet. It was decent as far as Chinese buffets go. Smaller restaurant, seating for maybe 30-50 so food is more fresher

Trinzler
02-04-2012, 05:31 PM
There's a little take out place in southside called Chancanwok (ellerslie and 111 street I think) that's awesome, my buddies took me there one night when I was scoping out a place to live. Let the younger guy out in the front know your from beyond and he'll take care of you.

01RedDX
02-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Supa Dexta
02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Tried Elegant Court Restaraunt a few weeks back. They had maybe a 10-15 item Chinese buffet. It was decent as far as Chinese buffets go. Smaller restaurant, seating for maybe 30-50 so food is more fresher

Where is that exactly? By the safeway? Theres another place out front - new asian village or something right there, and another buffet royale just down the street on fort rd that I know of around there.

dj_rice
02-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Where is that exactly? By the safeway? Theres another place out front - new asian village or something right there, and another buffet royale just down the street on fort rd that I know of around there.

New Asian Village is East Indian buffet. Buffet Royale is more white buffet with prime rib/chicken/steak dinner.

Elegant Court is by the Safeway. More exact is right behind the New Asian but a couple stores beside Safeway. From Google Maps, says its right beside Lil Caesars Pizza

216 Manning Crossing

littledan
02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Trinzler
There's a little take out place in southside called Chancanwok (ellerslie and 111 street I think) that's awesome, my buddies took me there one night when I was scoping out a place to live. Let the younger guy out in the front know your from beyond and he'll take care of you.

LOL I love chancanwok! i have a rental property near there that I used to live at. I would call in to order take out...

me: "i'll get the hot and sour soup, extra spicy, the deep fried spicy squid, extra spicy.."

chancanwok guy "hey it's mr extra spicy! how are you!"

lol. one time i went in, and was wearing a ball cap.. and he goes "hey you got a haircut!" lol wtf
:dunno:

Supa Dexta
02-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

New Asian Village is East Indian buffet. Buffet Royale is more white buffet with prime rib/chicken/steak dinner.

Elegant Court is by the Safeway. More exact is right behind the New Asian but a couple stores beside Safeway. From Google Maps, says its right beside Lil Caesars Pizza

216 Manning Crossing

Stopped by there tonight but it was closed.. :dunno: