PDA

View Full Version : Be careful....

fast95pony
01-30-2004, 08:33 AM
There's quite a lot of snow on the roads with ice underneath.
I almost got taken out by an SUV who pulled out of a side street , gunned it,and slid right accross if front of me .I had to turn into the oncoming traffic lane.Luckily there was no traffic.
Stupid F&**ing SUV driver !! :whipped: If he accelerated normally, he would not be sliding everywhere !! Jerk !

:banghead:

Anyways..watch out for asshole SUV drivers who think they own the road..

fast95pony
01-30-2004, 08:39 AM
Oh yeah, I'd like to give thanks to the Blizzak Gods ...They are THE best things I bought for the Focus . Great tire !!
:clap:

doc_speeder
01-30-2004, 09:17 AM
It really is amazing what a good winter tire can do. I have some Yokohama Guardex on my Jetta, and they really make a huge difference on icy roads. Even in deep snow, they don't seem to polish the surface if you try to spin your way out of a drifted in parking stall or side street. They just keep digging. A small price to pay for peace of mind and greatly increased safety.

rc2002
01-30-2004, 09:57 AM
:werd:

Winter tires rule. :thumbsup:

1badPT
01-30-2004, 10:51 AM
yup. Kumho I'Zen Studded here :D

Ben
01-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
yup. Kumho I'Zen Studded here :D

*HighFive *

Yah, thos SUV drivers are starting to piss me off, then they ride your ass even though you're speeding to begin with. What ever happened to leaving some room in bad conditions. I ALWAYS give them the good brake when they ride my ass.

switch
01-30-2004, 12:59 PM
I was laughing this morning while watching all the RWDs and FWDs spinning out at the lights.

Kona9
01-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Nokian Hakkopolitas and my e-brake:love: :love:

1badPT
01-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Some of the worst driving I have ever seen has been drivers in SUV's. I dunno if its the blind spots or the sense of security drivers have from a big heavy vehicle. :guns: :devil: :whipped:

djfob
01-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Ben

*HighFive *

Yah, thos SUV drivers are starting to piss me off, then they ride your ass even though you're speeding to begin with. What ever happened to leaving some room in bad conditions. I ALWAYS give them the good brake when they ride my ass.

Yeah man its very annoying when you see people on deerfoot riding each others asses like homos. One car taps his brakes and its a 10 car pile up.:banghead:

ryder_23
01-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
There's quite a lot of snow on the roads with ice underneath.
I almost got taken out by an SUV who pulled out of a side street , gunned it,and slid right accross if front of me .I had to turn into the oncoming traffic lane.Luckily there was no traffic.
Stupid F&**ing SUV driver !! :whipped: If he accelerated normally, he would not be sliding everywhere !! Jerk !

:banghead:

Anyways..watch out for asshole SUV drivers who think they own the road..

:werd:

on drive home from school, turning left on a dual turn, still travling at 20k going to lights, bitch infront of me slides out for no reason, i'm not stopping on the 5inchs of ice, so i'm forced to swerve around her...i was behind her for about 5k, and this was the second time she spun out and i had to avoid her...:banghead:

EK 2.0
01-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by switch
I was laughing this morning while watching all the RWDs and FWDs spinning out at the lights.

Especially up hills...

ZorroAMG
01-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Dunlop Graspics here, saving my fish-tailing, RWD, traction-UNcontrolled ass this year!

A_3
01-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Ben

*HighFive *

Yeah it's the moms man... every damn morning driving to school trying to take it pretty easy and stick to the limit in these conditions and i got them riding my bumper like crazy, one bad move and my cars getting eaten by SUV!

angierideswitme
01-30-2004, 05:21 PM
I have bald tires and a bad alignment, so when one tire hits road, the car sudently turns, then when it hits ice again, it runs the oppsite way!

it's so crazy, I could not imagine having winter tires, let alone studed tires, must be like drving in the summer.

:eek: :D

Ajay
01-30-2004, 09:53 PM
I don't have winter tires on my car. I do have brand new Continental all seasons and I haven't had a problem yet with all this nasty weather. In fact my little Hatch seems to handle this stuff better than my dad's big ass RWD van.

I like the van though in this cause it is bigger and it didn't feel like I was gonna be blown off the road when it was windy earlier this week. I'm with all you in hating the SUV drivers. On my way to work today some dude in an old school Isuzu Trooper kept riding my ass on Glenmore....damn people think 4x4 won't make you get into an accident....false security.

Zero102
01-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Man, I have canadian tire winter tires, and a RWD car, and it grips like a pro.
But, people in SUV's are terrible.
Watched a guy slide right into a guard rail, going from southbound crowchild onto eastbound glenmore, he slid from the inside lane right into the outside guard rail.
Oddly enough, he was the same arsehole that passed me at about 110 on crowchild, after cutting me off from the 17th ave turnon, and when I passe dhim, he tailed me forever.

GorG
01-31-2004, 01:51 AM
Yea RWD is was not fun two days ago before i finally got off my lazy ass and got winter tires, i had a few close calls, but then the empty parking lot was fun:D :thumbsup:

Ben
01-31-2004, 01:54 AM
Roads are anus tonight :thumbsdow

The downtown core is pretty hurtin, and Memorial Drive blows. Even deerfoot was beat in some places, however its not -35 so thats a plus.