PDA

View Full Version : Question about hunting ammunition

elesdee
02-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I have a box of 250 Remmington .12 shotgun 1 1/8oz slugs.

Can I just sell them on Kijiji or in Marketplace? What are the regulations regarding selling ammunition?

Modelexis
02-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by elesdee
I have a box of 250 Remmington .12 shotgun 1 1/8oz slugs.

Can I just sell them on Kijiji or in Marketplace? What are the regulations regarding selling ammunition?

It's not illegal to sell ammo, not sure if kijiji has any restrictions on the sale. I would personally rather sell it on CGN.

For selling, if it's a local exchange and you meet somewhere, tell them to bring their PAL and look at their PAL before you sell it. If it's shipping to them, ask for their PAL number.

Graham_A_M
02-04-2012, 09:09 PM
^ This. Just so long as you do this; there is no harm on putting it on Kijiji. If you really want to cover your ass, you can take a closeup pic of his PAL (with your phone or whatever) or make a photocopy so you'll always have it in case any weapons authority asks a few questions.

C_Dave45
02-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Just don't try using paypal for the money transaction.

turbotrip
02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
so selling is not illegal. what about possession of this ammo for someone without a PAL?

Modelexis
02-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
so selling is not illegal. what about possession of this ammo for someone without a PAL?

Yes, according to Canadian laws, you cannot own ammo if you do not have a POL or PAL or RPAL.