PDA

View Full Version : Best possible Upright Vacuum cleaner

tech1
02-04-2012, 09:56 PM
for a shag style carpet around the house, and best filtration for allergens, dirt, lightweight and manuverability.

i tried the dyson ball today at bed bath, and wasnt too impressed.

Trinzler
02-04-2012, 10:51 PM
I've personally owned over 10 vacuums before I settled on a Dyson, the amount of silt and dust that you can pick up from the carpet is staggering, and just to let you know that Dyson Canada drops their refurbished models on eBay every 2-3 weeks with a life time warranty for around $300.

Also I doubt that the display models are maintained very well, you do have to clean the spongy filter every few uses to make sure that it continues to pick up all that junk.

tech1
02-04-2012, 11:21 PM
how is the brissle/brushes, i have a thicker longer strand carpet, would it be able to clean deep down into the carpet.

Trinzler
02-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Are you talking about the accessory pack or the actual unit ? I have a DC25 (http://www.english.dysoncanada.ca/pets/dysonanimal.asp) and it gets *ALL* the animal hair/dust out of a medium carpet and the sofas/couches.

fayzed
02-05-2012, 01:12 PM
For what it's worth my wife bought a Dyson when we moved into our new place, it picked up so much sh1t we had all the carpet removed, I always thought they were a bit gimmicky until i saw it in action.

WhippWhapp
02-05-2012, 01:35 PM
+1 for Dyson dc25 ball. No better cleaning wise than my old Bissell healthy home, but much more compact and easy to maneuver.

89s1
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Wife and I just scored a little shark navigator in the fall. It seems pretty decent.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it the "best possible" but it had good bang for buck imo.

Mibz
02-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I've got a DC25 and it's fantastic for carpet but I've got microsuede couches and it can't get much cat hair out of them.

KappaSigma
02-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Trinzler
I've personally owned over 10 vacuums before I settled on a Dyson, the amount of silt and dust that you can pick up from the carpet is staggering, and just to let you know that Dyson Canada drops their refurbished models on eBay every 2-3 weeks with a life time warranty for around $300.

Also I doubt that the display models are maintained very well, you do have to clean the spongy filter every few uses to make sure that it continues to pick up all that junk.

I agree. Dyson is far and away the best. Always disgusts me what comes up when I vaccum.

WhippWhapp
02-05-2012, 03:54 PM
The allergy kit is actually useful too, especially if you can get on sale- the blind attachment alone makes it worth it.

A790
02-05-2012, 05:11 PM
I have a DC23AN and effing love this vacuum. Before that I had some Hoover upright... it was okay. Hell, you can have the Hoover for free if you want :)

tech1
02-05-2012, 09:39 PM
whats the difference from the animal series and would u prefer an upright model over the canister model, it seems the motors in the canister styles are a big bigger equaling greater power and suction over the smaller upright models?

CanmoreOrLess
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM
My mother in law has a new Dyson, she was storing it at my place, I used it every second day (dog) with pleasure. When she took the Dyson back, I returned to my old ass vacuum ($200), it is a chore to use, boring as hell and does not do half the job. I only use it if I have visitors coming over I hate it so much, maybe use every ten days. Dyson makes a great product, I would love to have a fan, heater and hand dryer as well. I Guess I am a vac-geek somewhat.

If Dyson, Apple, Bang & Olufsen and Audi could get together as one company I would be a very happy camper and all our design problems would be a thing of the past.

Trinzler
02-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
My mother in law has a new Dyson, she was storing it at my place, I used it every second day (dog) with pleasure. When she took the Dyson back, I returned to my old ass vacuum ($200), it is a chore to use, boring as hell and does not do half the job. I only use it if I have visitors coming over I hate it so much, maybe use every ten days. Dyson makes a great product, I would love to have a fan, heater and hand dryer as well. I Guess I am a vac-geek somewhat.

If Dyson, Apple, Bang & Olufsen and Audi could get together as one company I would be a very happy camper and all our design problems would be a thing of the past.

Yeah and girls would love the name "Bang Dadi" :poosie:

Mibz
02-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Trinzler
Yeah and girls would love the name "Bang Dadi" :poosie: *slow clap*

ALBERTA_IS
02-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I have a DC28 Animal and it is amazing. I have 3 cats and the Dyson is the only vacuum I will buy. Tons of suction and like everyone says the amount of crap it pulls out of the carpet is unreal! I always found the smaller ball models kinda weak so go for the big guns. We also have a Dyson slim for everyday use and it is a swiffer on steroids!

big A
03-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Is there a reason nobody has mentioned Kirby. I can't see a $300 Dyson comparing to a Kirby. Besides price, however the title is asking for best possible upright.

I could be wrong though, I havent used anything else in 13 years :dunno:

yellowsnow
03-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Dyson is crazy powerful. some say it's too much suction and ruins certain carpets. depends what kind of carpet you have, but don't just buy a dyson because it's known as the best. read some reviews, and see all the problems people have because it has too much power

uskelly
06-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Check out Miele, it is very good German quality vacuum. Otherwise, Dyson and Hoover are pretty good too.

403ep3
06-23-2013, 08:40 PM
+1 the amount of dirt/dust this thing picks up is kinda :barf:

Sugarphreak
06-24-2013, 04:28 PM

CanmoreOrLess
06-24-2013, 04:32 PM
I have only experience with built in vacuums and a couple of Dysons. I cannot imagine a better unit than the Dyson, yet Consumer Reports ranks the Miele model as a better choice. It was in the magazine last year.

Sugarphreak
06-24-2013, 04:35 PM