PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2002 Outback wagon 2.5 Auto CHEAP

kevie88
02-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey All!

My wife has just pulled the trigger on a nice new Hyundai Sonata Limited, so I'm selling her old 2002 Outback Wagon. It's Blue in color.

The good:
The car has around 215,000km's on it, it's been pretty darn good to us all in all. Always starts in -30 weather, and all the electrical stuff works fine. Has a trailer hitch I installed last year and I used to tow a motorcycle on a three-place trailer. Brand new battery (less than a month-$100), and newish brake pads up front. I'll include a brand-new-in-box timing belt, water pump and idler pulley kit.($250$) Tires about 40%, not at the wear bars. No rust anywhere except the dent. (see below)

The bad:
Has a dent in the back hatch, previous owner had the car on the road and it was hit by his neighbor. I never bothered to fix it as it doesn't adversely affect the car in any way.

Head gaskets are weeping coolant externally. It's not bad, and it's been like that ever since I got the car. When I first test drove the car I could smell a bit of coolant and I knew this could be an issue. Had the car inspected at Centaur Subaru (where the previous owner worked as a salesman) and they assured me there was no leaks on the motor.. when I got the car home after I bought it I stuck my head underneath and low-and-behold, the head gaskets looked wet around the seam between the head and the block. Bastards. I should have just looked myself and not trusted anyone.. lesson learned.

Front suspension is clunky over sharp bumps. I suspect strut-tops.

The car uses about 1/8 of a liter of coolant a month so I've just been topping it up over the last couple of years. Head gaskets will need to be done sooner or later but the price reflects it..

$1700 firm(ish)

I'll get some photos up soon, I'll clean the car out tomorrow and go get it washed. Great candidate for a TURBO swap?

BiG_BoI_LuDe
02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
5 spd? colour? pics?

kevie88
02-07-2012, 03:31 PM
As stated above, It's a 2.5l Auto and it's blue in color.

I just got it all washed and pretty, and pictures can be found on my flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevie88

Click on the 'Outback for sale" set. Thanks for all the interest everyone, judging by the number of PM's and calls I'm getting this will be gone quick!

kevie88
02-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Looks like the car is conditionally sold. I'll know for sure on Thursday!

kevie88
02-10-2012, 10:13 PM
And SOLD.