PDA

View Full Version : Candy? Chrome illusion? no clear coat?

Ridelikeme
01-30-2004, 11:51 AM
hey im just tryin to price out my car.. i pretty well have everything figured out except for the exterior.. sure i have a body kit in my mind but i dont know about paint..
i know i love Candy paint jobs, and the chameleon look.. but i dont know what a fairly good paint job will cost me...
what i really want is a black paintjob with a blue pearl and lots of blue metal flake.. so if anyone could help me out with a general idea as to how much a candy paint job, flake, or that new thing goin on without clear coat that would be tight

Mahk Uno
01-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Dude LOTS....make a good friend who is an auto body/paint man...at least $2000 but plan on more ive seen some paint jobs ok for that much but ive also seen some butcher jobs for the same price...it helps if you can do alot of the work yourself ie take off your own bumper/lights/whatever else needs to come off....and even prime it yourself...that will save you huge, cause then all you pay for is the paint and minimal labour to actually paint the car.

Ridelikeme
01-30-2004, 06:30 PM
yeah man i can take the shit apart... but i dono if i can primer it.. i can def' sand it down and probobly wet sand it later.. i get tight deals on paint .. i just wanna know how much teh labour is

ZorroAMG
01-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Chameleon paint is so 1999 dude, but it is your car...the black with blue flake is hot!

ninspeed
01-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme
hey im just tryin to price out my car.. i pretty well have everything figured out except for the exterior.. sure i have a body kit in my mind but i dont know about paint..
i know i love Candy paint jobs, and the chameleon look.. but i dont know what a fairly good paint job will cost me...
what i really want is a black paintjob with a blue pearl and lots of blue metal flake.. so if anyone could help me out with a general idea as to how much a candy paint job, flake, or that new thing goin on without clear coat that would be tight
i am staring a bike next week or so with a extreme color from RM.. its a purple/blue/green color i think.... i know our cost on the paint was not cheep... and it does not cover very well.. but with our new clear (dc5300) should look awsome

theken
01-30-2004, 07:36 PM
DO NOT PRIMER IT YOURSELF, some paint companies such as house of kolors use a special primar, if u don't use the primer paint won't adhere to it. Also price is based on quality of the paint, i got a quart of paint for my truck (which isn't much, just some touch ups) and it was like $160, all depends on exactly how sweet u want your car to look, expect to pay upwards to $5000