PDA

View Full Version : Just Energy scam in NW

FoxTrot
02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
The other night I had a gentleman ring my door from Just Energy asking if I was interested in getting services with them. I politely said no, and the guy then asks if he can come into my house. I asked why, then no and he says to show me his brochures, I said no again. To show me brochures, ya right, its to scope out my house for future break in oppurtunities I bet.

I start closing the door, when he says itll only take 2mins of my time and that my neighbours have their services as well (yaaaa like he would know!). After saying no 4 times, he tries to force his way in and says itll only take 2mins and he will save me hundreds of dollars by the time he leaves. He was a big dude so I literally had to put my body weight into my door to push him out and slam the door on him. It took about 30secs cause he was really trying to use hs weight as an advantage. Trying to force your way into someones house is completely unacceptable.

He kept saying "why wont you let me in, im trying to save you some money." All this trying to force himself into my house. This guy was super pushy and wouldnt take no for an answer!

If he did this to me, I would have no doubt that he would do it with a kid or woman at the door. This guy should be arrested for trying to trepass.

This is in Kincora btw. Later that night 3hrs later I was outside getting something and I happened to see him still roaming the streets knocking on doors!

FraserB
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
As soon as the door was locked I would have been on the phone with 911 reporting an attemted home invasion:dunno:

BTW; This wasn't a scam, someone tried to physically force themselves into your house.

DeeK
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Anyone that tried to force themselves into my house after repeatedly telling them no. The reaction of choice is: Uppercut.

Disoblige
02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
http://ivebeenmugged.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/05/just-energy.html

F grade in BBB in Chicago lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Energy

Just Energy has received complaints regarding business practices such as pushy door to door salesmen, customer confusion, and vague explanation of contracts.

FoxTrot
02-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
As soon as the door was locked I would have been on the phone with 911 reporting an attemted home invasion:dunno:

BTW; This wasn't a scam, someone tried to physically force themselves into your house.

Actually I did call 911 after but the lady said they couldnt do much cause the guy was on foot. She just created a file for me in their database in case more people call in.

schocker
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I had some one come by from direct energy in sage hill, so now i am hoping this guy stops by soon as well. :rofl:

G-ZUS
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
I keep a can of pepperspray in the closet by my front door for situations like this

FoxTrot
02-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I had some one come by from direct energy in sage hill, so now i am hoping this guy stops by soon as well. :rofl:

Hes about 300+lbs, if you see him, surprise him with a solid metal pipe.

schocker
02-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by FoxTrot

Hes about 300+lbs, if you see him, surprise him with a solid metal pipe.
Well I do have pepper spray like g-zus had thought of :rofl:

SJW
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Sorry i'm in the middle of cleaning my pistols. Come back in 20 minutes.

CMW403
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
LOL that is insane. I think at the point where he put his weight on the door was when you can legally start defending yourself.

I'd like to see him try that on my uncle. The last guy that knocked on the door again after it was closed in his face ended up on his back in the driveway.

Stealth22
02-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

:werd:

CPS would have come running, and he would have been tackled and cuffed, possibly at gunpoint.

He probably wouldn't get arrested or charged at the end of it, but at least he'd learn a lesson in the process. Pushy salesman or not, if a guy tries to force his way into my house, I'm calling the police.

EDIT:

Actually I did call 911 after but the lady said they couldnt do much cause the guy was on foot. She just created a file for me in their database in case more people call in.
Huh? What did you tell them? Man, I hate those biatches in PSC. They wouldn't know to send CPS if a shots fired call came in.

If you had told them a guy just came to your house pretending to sell something, then tried to force his way in but left when you slammed the door, they might have come.

spikerS
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
I would have let him come in when he started forcing the door, and whiped out my cell phone and call 911.

when the operator comes on, say that you have someone that has forcefully entered my house, and ask them if it is ok to shoot them with my shotgun.

I bet the cops would be there in under 30 seconds.

fourrings
02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
I work for direct energy, this person's behavior is just wrong.

This person works for a very cutthroat company owned by another pyramid sales company called ACN. It operates like
amway or cutco.

So where is the scam here?

I think this thread should've been called 'pushy salesman forcing his way in'.

This year rates will definitely be going up. I estimate the price will peak in june or july. Hold on! O

desi112
02-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by fourrings

This person works for a very cutthroat company owned by another pyramid sales company called ACN. It operates like
amway or cutco.

This year rates will definitely be going up. I estimate the price will peak in june or july. Hold on! O

I've never heard of , sounded like a scam to scope his house.

FoxTrot
02-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

:werd:

CPS would have come running, and he would have been tackled and cuffed, possibly at gunpoint.

He probably wouldn't get arrested or charged at the end of it, but at least he'd learn a lesson in the process. Pushy salesman or not, if a guy tries to force his way into my house, I'm calling the police.

EDIT:

Huh? What did you tell them? Man, I hate those biatches in PSC. They wouldn't know to send CPS if a shots fired call came in.

If you had told them a guy just came to your house pretending to sell something, then tried to force his way in but left when you slammed the door, they might have come.

I told them a guy from Just energy came to my door and after telling him no he blatantly tried to force his way in. She said unless i had a cars lic plate # or the guys full name, then she cant just send out a car cause a person on foot would be almost impossible to track down especially at night.

Feruk
02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Is it this Just Energy:

http://tmx.quotemedia.com/quote.php?qm_symbol=je

CHICHARITZHI
02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by fourrings

amway or cutco.

:thumbsup:

Stealth22
02-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I told them a guy from Just energy came to my door and after telling him no he blatantly tried to force his way in. She said unless i had a cars lic plate # or the guys full name, then she cant just send out a car cause a person on foot would be almost impossible to track down especially at night.
If the suspect committed a serious enough crime, they can track them down. If they need to, they can break out HAWCS and the K9 unit. That being said, she wasn't BSing you, because they still need something to go on first. Plus, he didn't do anything to warrant the entire district coming out there. One cruiser would've been more than enough.

But at the very least, the operator kind of minimized the seriousness of the situation. Maybe he was just a pushy salesman. But what if he was trying to force his way in to scope out your house, or worse?

I suspect that if you had been on the phone when he started becoming pushy, and if she had heard you struggling to shut the door, she might have sent a car out. If they think there's an active threat, they'll come running.