PDA

View Full Version : 1997 911 Turbo (993) on Kijiji - Someone buy it and let me drive it...

zipdoa
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
These don't pop up very often...

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120112/851r1/01183gk_20.jpeg

1997 993 Turbo (http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1997-Porsche-911-993-Twin-Turbo-AWD-W0QQAdIdZ345438978)

asp integra
02-08-2012, 05:53 PM
gawd damn, this car is right at the top of my dream car list, so sexy!

natty54
02-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Im pretty sure this car has been for sale for over a year. I remember seeing it last year on the same site

94boosted
02-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Such a sexy car :drool:

They cost more than 996's though :eek:

zipdoa
02-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Such a sexy car :drool:

They cost more than 996's though :eek:

993>964>930>991>997>996

BensonTT
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Is it just me or a 1997, 2007 or whatever year they all look the same? LoL...

CMW403
02-08-2012, 08:15 PM
:drool:

Mike, how do you not have a HELOC? That's the thing to do nowadays.

Tuner1
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I didn't look at the ad but that is most likely a 993 C4S with twin turbos added rather than a genuine 993 turbo. Still a cool car if the price is right.

Cody D
02-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Like Tuner1 said, this is not a real 993 Turbo, it's a Carrera 4 that's had turbos added to it.

There are some nice used 993 Turbo's that pop up for sale on the Porsche forums in the US in that price range (~100,000km ones at least).

Originally posted by zipdoa
993>964>930>991>997>996

Hard to argue with that from a cosmetic standpoint but if you're looking for more than just looks you have to put the water cooled cars ahead, I've owned air cooled 911's for many years and this year went water cooled, no regrets so far.

cam_wmh
02-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by BensonTT
http://troll.me/images/lets-assume/this-is-where-you-get-the-fuck-out.jpg

max_boost
02-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by CMW403
:drool:

Mike, how do you not have a HELOC? That's the thing to do nowadays. :werd:

CSMRX7
02-09-2012, 08:07 AM
I have seen the car. It is a C4S conversion. Also the car has a salvage title due to a theft.

If this was a clean title 993TT it would have sold the first day at that price!!!

dimi
02-10-2012, 02:21 PM
So in that case, its not a good deal at all...

Love how the ad tries to make it seem like its a clean 993 turbo, when its a salvaged converstion :rolleyes:

Cody D
02-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by dimi
So in that case, its not a good deal at all...

Love how the ad tries to make it seem like its a clean 993 turbo, when its a salvaged converstion :rolleyes:

Ya the add is pretty shady. I think the car would be much cooler if they took off the turbo badge, put the Carrera 4S badge back on and marketed it as a highly modified C4S. I wonder if there is a way to take the wing off and have it wingless, but there is probably an intercooler under there. It would also be a good candidate for an RWB conversion since you wouldn't be ruining a 993TT and yet you would still have good power.

Also they need to drop the price by about $15,000.

CSMRX7
02-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Cody D

Ya the add is pretty shady. I think the car would be much cooler if they took off the turbo badge, put the Carrera 4S badge back on and marketed it as a highly modified C4S. I wonder if there is a way to take the wing off and have it wingless, but there is probably an intercooler under there. It would also be a good candidate for an RWB conversion since you wouldn't be ruining a 993TT and yet you would still have good power.

The car has a stock intercooler so no way to go wingless. The engine build is pretty nice. It is a build 3.6l twinplug motor and I think it dynoed over 500whp. The car is very nice, but the price is not!

rage2
02-10-2012, 03:32 PM
It does say it's a "Conv" in the ad, as in conversion.

kvg
02-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Best looking porche gen

budabing
03-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Hi there I would like to join in this discussion just to clear up any misunderstandings or concerns on the car since I am the person with the car. Firstly there is nothing shady with this car nor is it misrepresented in any way. It has always been stated to any person who has had interest in the car the full history. The ad also states that the car is a C4S Twin Turbo Conversion. The car was from a customer of mine who purchased a Ferrari from me. This car is fully documented with every receipt as well as a Carfax. It has a rebuilt title but only due to a theft of vehicle claim which I have always declared to any person who has inquired on the car. Anyone who has called on the car or viewed the car has been told of it's history and title which I am positive that the person who posted on this forum about the car got this information from me. There has never been any accidents, structural damage, Frame Damage, repaints, fire, flood or any other sort of claims. It was just a theft claim and was titled this way because the person got paid out on the car before the car was recovered. The car had a complete twin turbo conversion and I must stress that this conversion is not just an addition of a turbo it is a TRUE FACTORY PORSCHE TWIN TURBO Conversion just as it would have come from the factory and then on top of that modified with a list of goodies. It was completed in Arizona at powerhaus. The car also came factory as shown on the hood option decal with the S spoiler trim package. I have every single receipt for this car and the dollar amounts are huge, you are more than welcome to come and view them along with recent work of new complete brakes all around, clutch, tires and more. If you have any questions, concerns or need clarification on this feel free to contact me. I just wanted to put out the true facts on the car so there are no more ASSUMPTIONS on what he said she said. I know it has a rebuilt title and that obviously affects the price but a car just like this with a clean title and all the work that this has done to it would be a lot more money. Knowing that the car has never been hit or structurally damaged should make a difference on how you look at the car. If your vehicle was stolen tomorrow and then recovered with no damage maybe a broken glass or ignition does that mean its not a clean car? I don't think it does. Anyway hope this clears things up for you all and I really am more than happy to answer any questions you have. The car truly is beautiful and in absolutely amazing condition with only 35,000 miles and you are more then welcome to come and view it for yourself to confirm this.

Thanks

Kloubek
03-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by budabing
Firstly there is nothing shady with this car nor is it misrepresented in any way.

While I see nothing wrong with the other aspects of the ad, I personally believe it is only right to tell people all major details of the vehicle they *must* to know if they were interested.

Ie: The fact it is a salvage vehicle.

I called someone about a car today which was a smokin' deal. Wasted my time, excitement and airtime only to find it out it was a salvage vehicle.

Theft or not, this is something people should be told before you get their hopes up. It helps keep your company from wasting other's time, as well as having your own time wasted.

But that's just my opinion.

CanmoreOrLess
03-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT

I must be racist as well, they all look the same. Beautiful cars.

zipdoa
03-09-2012, 09:11 AM

Hi there I would like to join in this discussion just to clear up any misunderstandings or concerns on the car since I am the person with the car. Firstly there is nothing shady with this car nor is it misrepresented in any way. It has always been stated to any person who has had interest in the car the full history. The ad also states that the car is a C4S Twin Turbo Conversion. The car was from a customer of mine who purchased a Ferrari from me. This car is fully documented with every receipt as well as a Carfax. It has a rebuilt title but only due to a theft of vehicle claim which I have always declared to any person who has inquired on the car. Anyone who has called on the car or viewed the car has been told of it's history and title which I am positive that the person who posted on this forum about the car got this information from me. There has never been any accidents, structural damage, Frame Damage, repaints, fire, flood or any other sort of claims. It was just a theft claim and was titled this way because the person got paid out on the car before the car was recovered. The car had a complete twin turbo conversion and I must stress that this conversion is not just an addition of a turbo it is a TRUE FACTORY PORSCHE TWIN TURBO Conversion just as it would have come from the factory and then on top of that modified with a list of goodies. It was completed in Arizona at powerhaus. The car also came factory as shown on the hood option decal with the S spoiler trim package. I have every single receipt for this car and the dollar amounts are huge, you are more than welcome to come and view them along with recent work of new complete brakes all around, clutch, tires and more. If you have any questions, concerns or need clarification on this feel free to contact me. I just wanted to put out the true facts on the car so there are no more ASSUMPTIONS on what he said she said. I know it has a rebuilt title and that obviously affects the price but a car just like this with a clean title and all the work that this has done to it would be a lot more money. Knowing that the car has never been hit or structurally damaged should make a difference on how you look at the car. If your vehicle was stolen tomorrow and then recovered with no damage maybe a broken glass or ignition does that mean its not a clean car? I don't think it does. Anyway hope this clears things up for you all and I really am more than happy to answer any questions you have. The car truly is beautiful and in absolutely amazing condition with only 35,000 miles and you are more then welcome to come and view it for yourself to confirm this.

Thanks

Regardless of the fact that this is an internet forum, it always boggles my mind when people have enough money to buy and sell supercars yet lack basic grammatical skills.

Love the car, GLWS! I wish my bank account was as strong as my punctuation, as then I'd buy the Porsche from you =)
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs38/i/2008/322/6/c/Grammar_Natzee__Wall_O___Text_by_dinyctis.jpg

JRSC00LUDE
03-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Holy shit, my name must be kettle because I am calling YOU guys assholes! It's a crazy world.... :nut:

CMW403
03-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

While I see nothing wrong with the other aspects of the ad, I personally believe it is only right to tell people all major details of the vehicle they *must* to know if they were interested.

Ie: The fact it is a salvage vehicle.

I called someone about a car today which was a smokin' deal. Wasted my time, excitement and airtime only to find it out it was a salvage vehicle.

Theft or not, this is something people should be told before you get their hopes up. It helps keep your company from wasting other's time, as well as having your own time wasted.

But that's just my opinion.

OMG, not your excitement AND airtime!?!

In all seriousness I agree with you but that was pretty funny. Not like you flew halfway across the country, they cost you less than $1.00.

Kloubek
03-09-2012, 09:41 AM
lol!

I didn't mean to make it sound like a big deal... it wasn't. But it does leave a bad taste in my mouth. Here I am researching that type of vehicle making sure it will meet my needs so I don't waste the owner's time... when the whole time he was simply wasting mine.

It just isn't honest imo to fail to mention a big issue like that. I have a down payment on my Porsche, and I put the only issue it has right in the ad so there were no surprises.

If someone saw this 911 ad, it would be entirely possible they sit there for two hours researching such a conversion to make sure it is the kind of car they want. Perhaps they don't think to ask if it is a rebuilt on the phone and drives across the city to look at it. Maybe even take it for a test drive. Why waste someone's time like that? To me, it shows questionable business tactics.

budabing
03-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Regardless of the fact that this is an internet forum, it always boggles my mind when people have enough money to buy and sell supercars yet lack basic grammatical skills.

Love the car, GLWS! I wish my bank account was as strong as my punctuation, as then I'd buy the Porsche from you =)
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs38/i/2008/322/6/c/Grammar_Natzee__Wall_O___Text_by_dinyctis.jpg

Sorry about the grammar !!!

budabing
03-09-2012, 09:51 AM
lol!

I didn't mean to make it sound like a big deal... it wasn't. But it does leave a bad taste in my mouth. Here I am researching that type of vehicle making sure it will meet my needs so I don't waste the owner's time... when the whole time he was simply wasting mine.

It just isn't honest imo to fail to mention a big issue like that. I have a down payment on my Porsche, and I put the only issue it has right in the ad so there were no surprises.

If someone saw this 911 ad, it would be entirely possible they sit there for two hours researching such a conversion to make sure it is the kind of car they want. Perhaps they don't think to ask if it is a rebuilt on the phone and drives across the city to look at it. Maybe even take it for a test drive. Why waste someone's time like that? To me, it shows questionable business tactics.

My ad says to call and make an appointment for viewing. I have always given people the correct information when they call. I did not put it in the ad just for this reason. People automatically think it's been badly damaged.

CSMRX7
03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
All though the add does not give full disclosure when I called on this it was properly represented.

Kloubek
03-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Then simply state it was a theft recovery without major damage? I'm sure it will sell regardless... its a very good price for a smokin car.

budabing
03-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Then simply state it was a theft recovery without major damage? I'm sure it will sell regardless... its a very good price for a smokin car.

Done. Descriptions in my ad have been changed.

Mibz
03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Your ad no longer exists.

budabing
03-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Mibz

Yes my ad is on Kijiji & autotrader

Abeo
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Mibz

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1997-Porsche-911-993-Twin-Turbo-All-Wheel-Drive-W0QQAdIdZ354631094

edit: wow, that disappeared fast.

kvg
03-09-2012, 05:47 PM
From the ad:

"Vehicle has never had no accident claims but does have a theft claim on the title.":rofl:

msommers
03-09-2012, 05:53 PM
As much as I hate to suggest this, put your wall of text in the ad.

Cody D
03-09-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm glad that you've come here and defended your ad and the car professionally, however I stand by what I posted.

When I found the ad I was in the market for a 993 TT, I was actually going to come down and look at it from out of town. I wouldn't have phoned first because I don't like talking to sales people on the phone. In my opinion the ad should have clearly stated that it was for a Carrera 4 with aftermarket twin turbo setup, the ad however was very ambiguous and I'm just lucky that someone told me about the car before I wasted my time.

I'm sure it's a nice car, but there is a big difference between a C4 TT and a factory TT car. Calling it a "993 TT conv." seems underhanded to me.

budabing
03-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Sorry everyone my Kijiji ad expired. I will list it again tomorrow and attach the link. It is still on Auto Trader if for any reason you need to view it.

budabing
03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm glad that you've come here and defended your ad and the car professionally, however I stand by what I posted.

When I found the ad I was in the market for a 993 TT, I was actually going to come down and look at it from out of town. I wouldn't have phoned first because I don't like talking to sales people on the phone. In my opinion the ad should have clearly stated that it was for a Carrera 4 with aftermarket twin turbo setup, the ad however was very ambiguous and I'm just lucky that someone told me about the car before I wasted my time.

I'm sure it's a nice car, but there is a big difference between a C4 TT and a factory TT car. Calling it a "993 TT conv." seems underhanded to me.

The ad always did state from day one that it is a 993 twin turbo conversion. The discussion here is on the title of the car.

Cody D
03-09-2012, 06:21 PM
The ad always did state from day one that it is a 993 twin turbo conversion. The discussion here is on the title of the car.

I remember the ad very clearly, you abbreviated the word conversion which is the part that bugged me, you did not have the word conversion in the ad, you did not state that it was a Carrera 4 either. If I remember correctly the Carrera badge on the rear of the car is replaced with a Turbo badge as well.

M.alex
03-09-2012, 09:30 PM
No V8 no care.

gpomp
03-10-2012, 01:49 AM
any post by m.alex = no care

M.alex
03-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
any post by m.alex = no care

:(

Shlade