PDA

View Full Version : Review: 4th Spot Restaurant and Bar - Mount Pleasant

ExtraSlow
02-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Located at 2620 4 Street NW.

I've been to this restaurant three times now, and it's becoming one of my local favourites.

Ambiance 4/5
It's a pretty casual atmosphere, but the dark wood flooring and the historic pictures of the neighbourhood do give it a nice feel. Back in the fall I spent a ncie afternoon on the tiny patio. It's a bit of a suntrap on the right afternoon. You do get a bit of street noise from 4th street, but 4th ain't no 17th, it's manageable.

Service 4/5
Friendly, and not in that "reading-from-a-script" kind of way. When the place is packed, it's not fast, but it's fast enough. The servers are efficient and keep the tables cleared.

Food 5/5
It's not "high concept" food, but for what they are trying to do, it's excellent. I think they strike a nice balance between old pub favourites and some more modern interpretations.
The Pizzas are excellent, the sandwiches are very good, and most recently, I had some excellent meatloaf with warm potato salad. A very fun take on potato salad that is interesting, but still approachable. It's not "arty". I've heard good things about the pasta, so that may be next.

Value....5/5
Most recent bill there was $35 for a pint of Velvet Fog beer and meatloaf (with potato salad, veg and coleslaw), plus French Onion soup and a half salad for my wife.
I think it must have been happy hour because the beer was only $4.

Overall, this is a cozy little restaurant that's close to my house. I will be going back.