PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run

remixsecret
02-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey folks,

I am having such difficulties trying to claim my money to fix my car because this guy's insurance does not want to pay at all.

This happened in a parking lot at school where my vehicle was parked reverse back into the stall and some guy tried parking beside me which he ran into my right side of the bumper, fender, and door. I went to the school and I saw surveillance of his white car trying to park beside me, but the space was to small so he reverse then left. The guy did not see the tape, but he told the same story to the CPS that he drove a white vehicle who tried to park beside mine. Thus, it adds up to the same story that he was the guy that we were looking for.

As of right now, he is admitting that he did hit my vehicle, and his mother and him agreed that he did and was responsible. The CPS did all the collision paper work and got both of our statement including their statement of seeing what happened on surveillance which he agrees that the guys car did hit mine. I called my insurance and the guy called his insurance and told them that he did hit my vehicle and left. His mother also called and reported to her insurance that his son was responsible as well. When I heard that they've reported it to their insurance, I tried calling their insurance to see what was happening, I ended up getting bit*h at for trying to make a claim and they were refusing that their was not enough evidence to pay for my vehicle's damage.

At this point in very confused.. When the guy admitted that he did hit my vehicle, why is it still pending for further investigating? Like the lady on the phone from his insurance was screaming saying that there was not video of him DOING damage to my vehicle, then I replied saying, "Of course not. Who is going to take their phone out and record the guy hit my vehicle as he tries to park.." Any opinions to this? :dunno:

Blue
02-11-2012, 11:45 AM
tell his insurance company to fuck off and pay :dunno:

FraserB
02-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Do you have comp or just PLPD?

If you have full coverage, your insurance will do the fighting for you. You get everything fixed up and then your company goes after theirs for the money.

Were charges filed for the hit and run? If there is video and he is admitting to hitting you and then leaving, they should have been.

lilmira
02-11-2012, 11:53 AM
So you have your own insurance, why were you phoning his insurance company?
Or do you not have collision? If you do, phone your own insurance company and get them to pay for the repair, they will chase the other company to cover the cost.

BMDUBS
02-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Fuck, I hate insurance companies! Give me her number, i'll call and tear her a new one!

remixsecret
02-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
Do you have comp or just PLPD?

If you have full coverage, your insurance will do the fighting for you. You get everything fixed up and then your company goes after theirs for the money.

Were charges filed for the hit and run? If there is video and he is admitting to hitting you and then leaving, they should have been.

I was talking to his companies' claim service. The thing is, I don't have full coverage which sucks so much on my end because all I do is drive from point A to point B which is usually home to school, or to work. I am also a student and I did not want to pay like $3,000-$4,000 more for the full coverage. Yup there is a video of him hitting and leaving, and he did admit but his insurance are such a pain in the ass to deal with.

Originally posted by lilmira
So you have your own insurance, why were you phoning his insurance company?
Or do you not have collision? If you do, phone your own insurance company and get them to pay for the repair, they will chase the other company to cover the cost.

I didn't have collision that was why I called theirs to see what was happening.

lilmira
02-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah, then you are on your own against his insurance company. The insurance gurus around here may be able to help you out. Can you not get both copies of the reports from the police to start with? And copy of the video? Whoever from his insurance company you talk to on the phone, make sure you have the name and have a record of the conversation, I would let them know too that you are recording so that they know you mean business.

e31
02-11-2012, 12:16 PM
The least you could do is post up the name of the insurance company that is giving you the hassle.

I've had problems like this from my own insurance company with full collision, and it's never fun. btw, I formerly used Wawanesa...

remixsecret
02-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by BMDUBS
Fuck, I hate insurance companies! Give me her number, i'll call and tear her a new one!

Originally posted by e31
The least you could do is post up the name of the insurance company that is giving you the hassle.

I've had problems like this from my own insurance company with full collision, and it's never fun. btw, I formerly used Wawanesa...
The insurance who is refusing to pay is CUMIS Group, HB Group INS. #1-800-810-2847 is their number directly to automotive.

Originally posted by lilmira
Yeah, then you are on your own against his insurance company. The insurance gurus around here may be able to help you out. Can you not get both copies of the reports from the police to start with? And copy of the video? Whoever from his insurance company you talk to on the phone, make sure you have the name and have a record of the conversation, I would let them know too that you are recording so that they know you mean business.
Yeah, I am basically on my own. At this very moment I am not to sure about that lady's name but her name might of been Christine.. I can't get both copies of the report because the police service wants to keep it because he isn't laying charges on the guy yet. The police is basically giving him the chance of admitting or lie till its investigated and if it ends up being him, the police will charge him for not having a parking pass, and hit and run which he will eventually lose his license.

Masked Bandit
02-11-2012, 01:21 PM
That's a bank (Cumis) for you.

Ask your insurance company to send a demand letter on your behalf. They should at least be willing to do that. Has your broker tried getting your company to write a demand letter?

A demand letter is basically a simple letter from one insurance company to another saying "your guy hit our guy, pay up". It forces the other side to respond.

remixsecret
02-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
That's a bank (Cumis) for you.

Ask your insurance company to send a demand letter on your behalf. They should at least be willing to do that. Has your broker tried getting your company to write a demand letter?

A demand letter is basically a simple letter from one insurance company to another saying "your guy hit our guy, pay up". It forces the other side to respond.

My insurance had written a letter to Cumis already, but I don't think they replies yet. It has been 12 days.. What should I do?

97luder
02-11-2012, 02:59 PM
12 days is not that long it can take a while some times with insurance companies took my gf over a month till she get every thing approved and into the shop

id keep calling every day and emailing till you get the ok, also what every body shop you are taking it to tell them to get ahold of his insurance and get it approved

best of luck hope every thing works out soon!

remixsecret
02-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 97luder
12 days is not that long it can take a while some times with insurance companies took my gf over a month till she get every thing approved and into the shop

id keep calling every day and emailing till you get the ok, also what every body shop you are taking it to tell them to get ahold of his insurance and get it approved

best of luck hope every thing works out soon!

Oh damn, I am so impatient about it too knowing that they are not willing to approve of it. A month is pretty long because my passenger door won't even open. I took mine to Screamin' Paints Work, so should I ask them to call Cumis?