PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star or Hyatt???

20incheyes
01-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Just curious if anyone has any scoop on either of these dealers. Who owns them? I know the Lone Star dealership is owned by the same guy as the Land Rover one, and both BMW dealers in Calgary are owned by the same guy. Hyatt (inifinti) deals with alot of auction cars they buy out east and sell here for more. But for just MB service, who do you prefer?

Ben
01-30-2004, 03:55 PM
I've heard good and bad about Lonestar. Some people say they're great others get treated like post consumer waste.

Havent heard anything about Hyatt

Redlyne_mr2
01-30-2004, 03:56 PM
The people who work in the service department of lonestar are crooks, it's the worst service department Ive ever dealt with

JordanLotoski
01-30-2004, 03:56 PM
i hate lonestar,,,i take my benz to hyatt, they are super nice there....lonestar you pretty much have to be over 50 to get any attention

20incheyes
01-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Well I'm in my 20's and LoneStar has been real good so far, they usually give me an ML or C-Class as a loaner. I deal with Michelle there, and if anything happens which I don't like I'll try out Hyatt.

Redlyne please explain further by what you mean, what have you encountered or heard?

they even have given me:

MB Mug (x2)
MB Blanket
MB Toque
and an MB watch

what gifts have you gotten?

we need a Calgary MB meet, is the Calgary MB club any good? or just a bunch of old wankers??

JordanLotoski
01-30-2004, 04:07 PM
hyatt will give you smokin deals on aftermarket parts...i called lonestar and they said they dont give deal..i said fuk you then why wold anyone shop there?

ecstasy_civic
01-30-2004, 04:15 PM
haha funny thing is I see you saying that:rofl:

ZorroAMG
01-30-2004, 04:15 PM
I deal strictly with Hyatt because my family has bought all their cars from them. They know my car, take great care of it and Gary and David in service are awesome guys to deal with. I get discounts on all OEM and AMG parts through them. I don't get gifts or loaner vehicles because my car is 13 yrs old, but I know one of the techs personally and he is as straight a shooter as they come. Doug in parts @ Lonestar is the only guy I have ever dealt with there and that is only because he used to be at Hyatt. Lonestar is way more "look down their nose at you" then Hyatt...

No contest for me...good luck 20inch....

As far as MB clubs go, we don't have one per se but I'd join for sure. Our numbers are growing and for the most part we are a good group of easygoing people...we should all meet up in the spring...most of MY mods will be complete by then :)

Redlyne_mr2
01-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Lonestar is great if you don't mind spending a fortune on service and youre naive to the mechanics of a car. They charged my gf to change the dash bulbs on her SLK. Her and I didnt even notice the charges until we got the car home and were looking at the bill. I called that useless twit Michelle and told her that she charged us for the R and R for burnt out dash bulbs. She claimed that because the vehicle had over 40K kms on it warranty no longer covered the replacement and the cost of the bulbs. I argued with her that dash bulbs shouldnt burn out before 100K Km or even 200K km and that it is definitely something that warranty covers. She then gave me a ton of attitude and then the excuse "well this is a benz" . I then asked to speak to the service manager who being the dumbass that he is gave me the same response. I then called the general manager at the dealer but was only able to leave a message for him. Because I work for DaimlerChrysler Corporate I have many friends and colleauges who work for MB canada in TO I called an aquaintance of mine there and explained to him the situation. He called Lonestar and set things straight with that horrid lady Michelle. The following day the GM and Michelle both called me back at work apologizing for the incident and gave my gf a credit on her account.
The second incident occured when my gf went in to get her car serviced. They told her that she needed new brakes which was true and quoted her 299 for what I assumed were pads, sensors and the labor for all 4 brakes. It sounded like a great deal but was of course too good to be true. My gf called in to make an appointment for the brake job and got aan entirely different quote this time, it would now cost $380 for the front only! We brought the car in for some more warranty work and spoke with Michelle in person who said she needed to give us another quote to book an appointement, this was now the 3rd quote! She came at us with a quote of $560 for only the front brakes. I asked why so much she stated that the rotors had to be replaced which were the most expensive parts for the job. ROTORS..who the hell changes their rotors at 48K kms??? At the very most they might need to be machined...her excuse.."well its a mercedes". I immediately got on the phone with a local euro mechanic in town who is also a member on Beyond and obtained a quote much much much lower than the one I was given at Lonestar. The mechanic that did the brake job stated that the rotors were still good and didnt even need to be machined....Lonestar can go to hell imagine all the poor people that dealer has and is ripping off

ecstasy_civic
01-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Holy shit!!!
Thanks for posting that, I never knew:eek:

20incheyes
01-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Lonestar is great if you don't mind spending a fortune on service and youre naive to the mechanics of a car. They charged my gf to change the dash bulbs on her SLK. Her and I didnt even notice the charges until we got the car home and were looking at the bill. I called that useless twit Michelle and told her that she charged us for the R and R for burnt out dash bulbs. She claimed that because the vehicle had over 40K kms on it warranty no longer covered the replacement and the cost of the bulbs. I argued with her that dash bulbs shouldnt burn out before 100K Km or even 200K km and that it is definitely something that warranty covers. She then gave me a ton of attitude and then the excuse "well this is a benz" . I then asked to speak to the service manager who being the dumbass that he is gave me the same response. I then called the general manager at the dealer but was only able to leave a message for him. Because I work for DaimlerChrysler Corporate I have many friends and colleauges who work for MB canada in TO I called an aquaintance of mine there and explained to him the situation. He called Lonestar and set things straight with that horrid lady Michelle. The following day the GM and Michelle both called me back at work apologizing for the incident and gave my gf a credit on her account.
The second incident occured when my gf went in to get her car serviced. They told her that she needed new brakes which was true and quoted her 299 for what I assumed were pads, sensors and the labor for all 4 brakes. It sounded like a great deal but was of course too good to be true. My gf called in to make an appointment for the brake job and got aan entirely different quote this time, it would now cost $380 for the front only! We brought the car in for some more warranty work and spoke with Michelle in person who said she needed to give us another quote to book an appointement, this was now the 3rd quote! She came at us with a quote of $560 for only the front brakes. I asked why so much she stated that the rotors had to be replaced which were the most expensive parts for the job. ROTORS..who the hell changes their rotors at 48K kms??? At the very most they might need to be machined...her excuse.."well its a mercedes". I immediately got on the phone with a local euro mechanic in town who is also a member on Beyond and obtained a quote much much much lower than the one I was given at Lonestart. The mechanic that did the brake job stated that the rotors where still good and didnt even need to be machined....Lonestar can go to hell imagine all the poor people that dealer has and is ripping off

cheers I'll have to keep that in mind, since my car is still under 20K and on the wear and tear warranty still I haven't had to pinch a cent to their pockets yet, but I know right before the 2 year 40K warranty expires I will get my pads and rotors replaced for free, their standard. If Michelle ever gave me any attitude, our relationship will be over. Actually last time I was there we were talking and she's single and intrested, thats the side I like to be on.

20incheyes
01-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
As far as MB clubs go, we don't have one per se but I'd join for sure. Our numbers are growing and for the most part we are a good group of easygoing people...we should all meet up in the spring...most of MY mods will be complete by then :)

it's gotta be done, lets start up the club, I just need a partner or two

JordanLotoski
01-30-2004, 04:45 PM
what kinda benz you have man c230?..lets see some pics

ZorroAMG
01-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Redlyne, speaking from experience, 48K for rotors is GOOD on an MB, my dad's S-class, CLK 430, ML 320, my 300E (1989, and 1990) all have to replace rotors before that. Also MB doesn't machine rotors anymore (AFAIK). So, while michelle seems like an idiot and it does seem expensive and pre-mature wear, they aren't way off.

Let's get the club pu together in the spring fellow mb drivers!!..:)

20incheyes
01-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
what kinda benz you have man c230?..lets see some pics

Firstly I'd like to say hi and introduce myself, if you have any BENZ questions I spend hundreds of hours on MB forums so feel free to ask. But it's great that we have this Calgary based site, so much information I get dosen't even apply to me since I'm out of the 50 strong.

This is what she looks like in the WINTER

ZORRO- how do you get the PIC on the bottom of every post?

20incheyes
01-30-2004, 05:08 PM

hels yah, we probably need to start soon, but it won't be too much work if we have a few of us, and the rewards will be amazing

One of my friends started a BENZ club in San Francisco, it's got 250 members, and the benefits he gets are out of this world sometimes

ICEBERG
01-30-2004, 05:27 PM
I will never take my car to LONE STAR again. I had a fight with them just 2 weeks a go. The Fu$E*r's charged me for WARANTY work that needed to be fixed. They where the ones in the first place who screwed up the sensors in my car. I am going to try Hyatt.

Ohh they wouldn't give my money back for the warranty work so i wrote MB Canada. Their SERVICE dept. Sucks.. They screwed up my car more than they fixed it.

20incheyes
01-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
I will never take my car to LONE STAR again. I had a fight with them just 2 weeks a go. The Fu$E*r's charged me for WARANTY work that needed to be fixed. They where the ones in the first place who screwed up the sensors in my car. I am going to try Hyatt.

Ohh they wouldn't give my money back for the warranty work so i wrote MB Canada. Their SERVICE dept. Sucks.. They screwed up my car more than they fixed it.

I think i saw your posts about this on MBWORLD and was curious who charged you, LONESTAR keeps going downhill I SEE. Let me know what you think of HYATT

Hakkola
01-30-2004, 05:59 PM

:thumbsup:

I get such good service at Lonestar it's incredible!!! They do rape you for parts pricing, but the sales people are great to me, they were even good to me when I was only 17 and went there alone, I love the sales people there.

I even got a loaner c-class for free when I had to service my benz last year :)

Service at the parts counter seems to be a different story ... if Michelle is the Blonde lady than I don't like her very much.

Lonestar sales people :thumbsup:
The rest :thumbsdow

When I need my brakes replaced I'm going to Tunerworks.

Redlyne_mr2
01-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Redlyne, speaking from experience, 48K for rotors is GOOD on an MB, my dad's S-class, CLK 430, ML 320, my 300E (1989, and 1990) all have to replace rotors before that. Also MB doesn't machine rotors anymore (AFAIK). So, while michelle seems like an idiot and it does seem expensive and pre-mature wear, they aren't way off.

Why can't Benz rotors be machined?

ZorroAMG
01-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Red, not that they CANT be machined, just that they don't do that at the dealer anymore.

Club will/should be awesome there will be a good turnout from calgary alone.

Hakk, Tunerworks'll hook you up with Brembo Cross-drills and get them installed at tirecraft.

20inch, nice ride, let the modding begin!!! With regard to the pic at the bottom of my posts, do you mean my sig? I only have a url link to my webpage, not a pic. pm me and i'll help you with that. Are you a member on bnzsport.com? Check it out!

ICEBERG, ask for Gary @ Hyatt, tell him Mark with the black modded 300E sent you, he'll help you out.

long live the 3 pointed star!

ICEBERG
01-30-2004, 09:11 PM
I will do that ZorroAMG, thanks for the info.

girlRACER
01-30-2004, 09:24 PM
That dumb bitch MICHELLE at lonestar can kiss my feet. :guns: :guns: F*cking c*nt has so much attitude. She talks down to me like I'm stupid. I went in to fix my brake light because it went out and she tried to accuse me of lying and that my brake light wasn't really out. Because of her...I will never service my car to lonestar.

I'm going to ALPINE AUTOWERKS from now on and suggest everyone else who has a Benz to too!! :thumbsup:

/////AMG
01-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Check out MBCanada.com, I know a few of you guys were members on here before they shut down for 2 months. I few people from Calgary there, mostly Toronto, but none the less a good shit load of Benz info.

ZorroAMG
01-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Jackie,

Alpine installed my Momo wheel and pulled my dash to remove the SRS light and change my bulbs to blue. They did a great job and Marc was a fantastic guy to deal with. His shop is first class. I am however, loyal to hyatt for service because they have never EVER bs'd me, period. Short of breaking MBNA protocol, they do everything they can for me. Props to Gary, David, Mike and the whole team. Other 3rd rate shops that I took Enzo too tried to rape him.

E36M3
01-30-2004, 11:10 PM
In my personal experience, bringing in a high end Mercedes for service, Lone Star treated me like a criminal, whereas Hyatt treated me like gold.

I cannot say enough bad things about Lone Star, especially their service staff. They would have cost me about $15,000 if I hadn't called their bluff and discovered their incompetence.

Believe me, you do not want to deal with their service department under *any* circumstances.

Hyatt was professional, courteous and extremely pleasant to deal wtih, and fixed Lone Star's mistakes without incident.

Originally posted by 20incheyes
Just curious if anyone has any scoop on either of these dealers. Who owns them? I know the Lone Star dealership is owned by the same guy as the Land Rover one, and both BMW dealers in Calgary are owned by the same guy. Hyatt (inifinti) deals with alot of auction cars they buy out east and sell here for more. But for just MB service, who do you prefer?

max_boost
01-31-2004, 12:40 AM
Replacing rotors at 48K? I had to replace them at 20K (front/rear rotors, pads, sensors, installed) on my 323I, oh I was extremely pissed. They said it wasn't covered under warranty because it is a wear and tear item. In order for it to be covered, the wear had to abnormal, WTF?! Isn't 20,000kms abnormal?! I was so angry that I had vowed to never buy another BMW again. LOL

Anyway, good to know Hyatt is where it's at. :thumbsup:

I know Kenny is an advocate for Lone Star but he seems to be the only who has pleasant experiences there:dunno:

JordanLotoski
01-31-2004, 12:42 AM
yeah thats cause you drive a bimmer.........not a mercedes hahahaha:poosie:

max_boost
01-31-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
yeah thats cause you drive a bimmer.........not a mercedes hahahaha:poosie: :rofl: :rofl: Right now I'm driving a Subaru! Even further down the ladder:thumbsup:

kenny
01-31-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I know Kenny is an advocate for Lone Star but he seems to be the only who has pleasant experiences there:dunno:

Haha, I've had my share of unpleasant experiences but they were all resolved professionally. I've heard lots of horror stories, luckily none of them occured to me directly.

One way to resolve any conflicts at the dealer-level is to just bring in your service booklet (which I do). It lists EVERYTHING that is covered under warranty, and for how long so there is no confusion. If they refuse to replace something under warranty, just show them the warranty information provided with your vehicle purchase.

20incheyes
01-31-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
That dumb bitch MICHELLE at lonestar can kiss my feet. :guns: :guns: F*cking c*nt has so much attitude. She talks down to me like I'm stupid. I went in to fix my brake light because it went out and she tried to accuse me of lying and that my brake light wasn't really out. Because of her...I will never service my car to lonestar.

I'm going to ALPINE AUTOWERKS from now on and suggest everyone else who has a Benz to too!! :thumbsup:

Do you cruise through the University? I think I've seen you around. I'll take note of your experience with Michelle, where is Alpine?

rogue
01-31-2004, 03:11 PM
i went to hyatt for some info and they were the most helpful dealers i have ever dealt with. They sat down with me and my associate for 45mins KNOWING we werent gonna get something right away. What ever you do however stay way from Hyatt infiniti as they have the worst customer service i have ever seen in ANY industry. As GrideTLs about their service or Nismos14 when we went to look at some cars for purchase a couple years ago. I went there recently to acquire a fx45 with my buddy and got treated like shit (he stated we HAVE to buy our infiniti there like it or not as they are the ONLY dealers) so he bought a benz instead.:D