PDA

View Full Version : Review: Kam Han Szechuan House

Hallowed_point
02-13-2012, 07:45 PM
So this Saturday , I decided to order from the Kam Han Szechuan house for delivery.

2318 Spiller Rd. SE

I ordered the "Dinner for Two"

Wonton Soup & Spring Rolls
Ginger Fried Beef
Chicken Vegetables
BBQ Pork Fried Rice

$32.95 + $4.00 delivery charge

Ordering: The ordering process was very good, the lady repeated my address and other info correctly just to confirm.

(5/5)

Delivery: Delivery was very fast, probably less then 30 minutes. Impressed for a game night.

(5/5)

Food:

Now this is where is gets ugly, and unfortunately that is kind of the point of reviewing a restaurant right? The food had NO FLAVOR, and no I didn't ask for the "white guy version" :thumbsdow Very bland and stale tasting. The ginger beef was soggy and not spicy at all. They really cheaped out on the sauce too. The chicken was boiled chicken which tasted like an MRE. The spring rolls were disgusting, some sort of nasty vegetable in them that is probably a ditch weed from China, very bitter & fibrous. :barf:

(-1/5)

Wouldn't recommend!!

n1zm0
02-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
1and no I didn't ask for the "white guy version" :thumbsdow

the first 3 items you ordered already made it 'the white guy version' in their heads

should order szechuan stuff from a place that specializes in szechuan style cooking :thumbsup:

szechuan food=hot and spicy

nj2Type-S
02-13-2012, 09:17 PM
i've always wondered about this place. good to know.

honestly, the best chinese food that i've had in calgary is at 'Brothers Taste of Asia' in bridlewood. food is 5/5 but service is -10/5. LOL!

Hallowed_point
02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

the first 3 items you ordered already made it 'the white guy version' in their heads

should order szechuan stuff from a place that specializes in szechuan style cooking :thumbsup:

szechuan food=hot and spicy

Yeah..thats what I was hoping for haha, I was sadly disappointed! :confused:

Hallowed_point
02-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S

honestly, the best chinese food that i've had in calgary is at 'Brothers Taste of Asia' in bridlewood. food is 5/5 but service is -10/5. LOL!

THIS, lol I forgot about that place! I seem to remember the guy working there being really funny. And the food was awesome. Thanks , I'll have to try it again :drool:

*borderline extremely rude iirc, but I'm not sure if that's his little funny act???:rofl:

Xtrema
02-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow Kam Han is still around?

nj2Type-S
02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
maybe he was trying to be funny but he gets on my nerves, lol. lucky for him, the food there is good so i just ignore him, haha!

there's this other place in bridlewood called 'Yummy Yummy'. pretty good, too, and if i remember correctly, there's one server there who's kinda cute, hehe. :poosie:

TomcoPDR
02-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S

Hong Kong Garden FTW

xnvy
02-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Kam Han USED to be amazing (at least the one by the stampede grounds) up until 3-4 years ago when they got new management then they went downhill in a hurry. Now I go here (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/191685/restaurant/Marlborough/Taketomi-Village-Calgary) whenever I want chinese, never tried their Indian though.

nj2Type-S
02-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
Kam Han USED to be amazing (at least the one by the stampede grounds) up until 3-4 years ago when they got new management then they went downhill in a hurry. Now I go here (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/191685/restaurant/Marlborough/Taketomi-Village-Calgary) whenever I want chinese, never tried their Indian though.

i remember going to this place for sushi back in the day, lol!