PDA

View Full Version : Community Sponsered Car?

forbiddenera
02-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Kind of half-assed joking but kind of half-assed serious.

I've been partially-sponsered the base car, '91 Honda Civic Si w/ spare motor, sold it so final cost is $150. Great interior, new-ish JDM crate motor, kind of crap body though, good undercarriage and suspension, new-ish brakes (with warped rotors on front and drums on rear :( )

Guy I sold the motor to partially-sponsered the turbo kit, Mitsu TE04H turbo, apexi bov, some piping, ex. header, piping and a p06 chipped ecu, oil pres guage, narrowband guage, girlfriend paid for half (sponsered) for my birthday (awesome girl, how many buy you a turbo for your birthday??) so final cost: $75

My cousin sponsered the subwoofer & an amp for it: free.

Also, God sponsered me a half-decent set of summer tires, 14" (no rims) for free (found them in the garbage by my house haha, not bad tires tho).

One friend partially sponsered the exhaust - gave me his old bike muffler, titanium, $300 or something, sitting on the back of my cherry bomb temporarily, bike muffler sounds nice on this car!

I myself have done some of the regular maintenance, oil change, plugs, coil, cap, rotor, wipers, cone filter..

If you have anything..ANYTHING.. I could use taking up space and want to donate it or get rid of it cheap, let me know. Parts, electrical stuff, wiring, connecting blocks, stickers.. Anyone who sponsers gets to put a sticker of their choice on my car! haha ;)

I could really use a set of 14" 4x100 rims (not ugly steelies! well maybe if theres some nice caps) for the tires I just found.. I think I'm going to fibreglass a custom a-pillar gauge pod unless I can find one cheap.

Injectors, OBD0/1 harness, d16y9? dist i think?, intake couplers and some bends, weld the crack on my ex. manifold, etc..

I plan on starting a company, something pretty unique that I have talent for and am going to sell as a product for all the restorers and tuners in the world to completely bring their classic cars into this era.. (Can't say anymore at the moment, wish I could because this would all make way more sense)

This car will be my demo/showcase for investors/sponsers when I launch this company. I want to do it nice and right and at least start with the basics. I don't want a rice-monster, I want a well built, polished, fun but still very user/street friendly car, that part will come with the final build and the implementation of my product in the car.

Until then, I want to put together what I can and use all that as research development. Besides, I think it would be cool to see a bunch of people in the community all give tiny pieces that are nothing on their own but will result in an amazing machine.

dirtsniffer
02-13-2012, 11:50 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/307437/making-my-own-exotic-with-a-300zx-as-a-donar/

maybe this thread can help :D

v2kai
02-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by forbiddenera
Kind of half-assed joking but kind of half-assed serious.

I've been partially-sponsered the base car, '91 Honda Civic Si w/ spare motor, sold it so final cost is $150. Great interior, new-ish JDM crate motor, kind of crap body though, good undercarriage and suspension, new-ish brakes (with warped rotors on front and drums on rear :( )

Guy I sold the motor to partially-sponsered the turbo kit, Mitsu TE04H turbo, apexi bov, some piping, ex. header, piping and a p06 chipped ecu, oil pres guage, narrowband guage, girlfriend paid for half (sponsered) for my birthday (awesome girl, how many buy you a turbo for your birthday??) so final cost: $75

My cousin sponsered the subwoofer & an amp for it: free.

Also, God sponsered me a half-decent set of summer tires, 14" (no rims) for free (found them in the garbage by my house haha, not bad tires tho).

One friend partially sponsered the exhaust - gave me his old bike muffler, titanium, $300 or something, sitting on the back of my cherry bomb temporarily, bike muffler sounds nice on this car!

I myself have done some of the regular maintenance, oil change, plugs, coil, cap, rotor, wipers, cone filter..

If you have anything..ANYTHING.. I could use taking up space and want to donate it or get rid of it cheap, let me know. Parts, electrical stuff, wiring, connecting blocks, stickers.. Anyone who sponsers gets to put a sticker of their choice on my car! haha ;)

I could really use a set of 14" 4x100 rims (not ugly steelies! well maybe if theres some nice caps) for the tires I just found.. I think I'm going to fibreglass a custom a-pillar gauge pod unless I can find one cheap.

Injectors, OBD0/1 harness, d16y9? dist i think?, intake couplers and some bends, weld the crack on my ex. manifold, etc..

I plan on starting a company, something pretty unique that I have talent for and am going to sell as a product for all the restorers and tuners in the world to completely bring their classic cars into this era.. (Can't say anymore at the moment, wish I could because this would all make way more sense)

This car will be my demo/showcase for investors/sponsers when I launch this company. I want to do it nice and right and at least start with the basics. I don't want a rice-monster, I want a well built, polished, fun but still very user/street friendly car, that part will come with the final build and the implementation of my product in the car.

Until then, I want to put together what I can and use all that as research development. Besides, I think it would be cool to see a bunch of people in the community all give tiny pieces that are nothing on their own but will result in an amazing machine.
For the record:thumbsup:

forbiddenera
02-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

LMFAO.. I saw that after, and, dammit.. Not even close to what I'm doing.. But still makes me look stupider because it sounds like I am doing something similar.

No, I don't want to turn a civic into an exotic or even my own brand of car.. It's what's getting installed into the car to control and power it.

forbiddenera
02-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by v2kai

For the record:thumbsup:

Thanks..

I am wanting to invent and create something to keep classic cars relevant in this day and age when cars are becoming very computerized, efficient and using alternative fuels, energies and hybrid technologies. Why leave beatiful classic pieces of art out of this? (Some might ask, why not leave them alone? But that's their style and defeats my vision entirely)

I was going to develop this into my mint '85 Supra, but I wrecked it and my life in the process, and now I'm better and doing it again with what I have.

Shlade
02-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Kinda cool not gonna lie. Ignore the douches that might post in this thread.

If I had some spare things id give em to ya.

Resurrected RA
02-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Why would God throw out perfectly good tires?

I wish God would sponsor my car!

Crks&Cstls
02-14-2012, 07:46 AM
dunno if a civic would be considered a "classic" car. Beside not like you don't see alot of eg's and ek's rolling around still. But gl with build :)

EDIT: I may have some jdm tail lights. When you say any sticker, do you really mean ANY sticker. Also prolly have to be a limit as to how big it can be.

CMW403
02-14-2012, 10:09 AM
I admire this idea. There are going to be a lot of people in here making fun of you though.

I may have some extra parts from my Prelude or GTR that I could donate, but I would want to meet you and see the car first. Why don't you post up some pictures?

forbiddenera
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Crks&Cstls
dunno if a civic would be considered a "classic" car. Beside not like you don't see alot of eg's and ek's rolling around still. But gl with build :)

EDIT: I may have some jdm tail lights. When you say any sticker, do you really mean ANY sticker. Also prolly have to be a limit as to how big it can be.

Yeah, a Civic isn't that classic - two previous cars that I lost that I was going to do it with was: '85 Supra MINT (definitely a classic) and a '82 Civic Wagon.

JDM lights would be awesome, I really want a set. It's an EF-chassis actually, double-wishbone..

As for the sticker, anything reasonable, nothing racist or prejudice and size I suppose could depend on the size of the sponsership/donation, but, I don't think I'm going to vinyl-wrap the whole car, and, I don't want it to be a whole sticker-fest either, but a few aren't bad. I have two so far, well, had 3 but the third fell off, haha.

Originally posted by CMW403
I admire this idea. There are going to be a lot of people in here making fun of you though.

I may have some extra parts from my Prelude or GTR that I could donate, but I would want to meet you and see the car first. Why don't you post up some pictures?

I will post pics.. It's not much right now, but, I've just started as well.

forbiddenera
02-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Please keep in mind I haven't had a lot of time or money to make this into a great car yet, I guess that's the purpose of all this but, I've done the best I can with what I've had.

Dirty Car (would you believe I just washed it a few days ago?):
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0685%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Other side:
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0691%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Rear:
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0689%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Front:
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0693%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Motor:
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0698%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Motor 2:
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0700%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Exhaust: (cherry bomb followed by titanium bike exhaust, temporary install..ie: hanging lol..)
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0694%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Found Summer Tires (not the newest but not bald either)
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0683%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Interior Driver View w/ Narrowband + iPhone Dock:
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0679%20%28640x478%29.jpg

$12 Walmart Pedal Covers (which actually looked nice before the gas pedal broke off and they got dirty, damn winter!)
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0681%20%28640x478%29.jpg

Turbo Kit (manifold + extra piping not shown), Gauges, ECU, Notes, Tuning Laptop (touchscreen netbook w/ 3G, 2gb ram, etc..)
http://square.shaped.ca/si/IMG_0668%20%28800x598%29.jpg

Pics or STFU! right?!

forbiddenera
02-14-2012, 06:34 PM
A few immediate goals:

Feel free to suggest additions and your ideas!

- Clean interior
- Fix interior problems (shift boot slightly ripped, glove box need to be installed properly (have new parts for that), rear sun-shade holder/holes are fucked, need replacement, cargo area trim needs some love)
- Gauge pods
- HID Headlights (what color should I get? I was thinking reddish?)
- Add Fog lights
- Clear Tail Lights
- LED lights all-round, signals, markers, dash, brakes, parking lights, etc.
- Properly shadowed front signals/maybe front head light covers?
- Body kit stuff? Skirt, hood scoop (integrated with turbo intake)
- Rims/wheels
- Cruise Control?
- Proper tint on all windows
- Reinstall sub/amp
- Find/install a good set of rear speakers+amp
- New seats/seat covers? Eventually new seats for sure. My cousin was going to give me a set of skyline seats but I didn't pick them up on time. :(

J-hop
02-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Skip all of the above except the first two points. You are going about it the ammy way. Forget cosmetics until you've got a solid base.

Here are just a few suggestions off the top of my head:

- First thing is to get a proper exhaust and have it welded up proper with hangers that aren't made of flammable material.

- second is to start a full stage zero; tune up, oil change, compression test, fuel filter, check pumps, move onto suspension- replace all worn out bushings, replace high mileage shocks/springs, move to brakes, check pad/rotor wear and replace if necessary, bleed the system, cooling system next- check rad for damaged fins and dirt clogging fins, coolant flush, might as well do the t-stat at this point if you don't know the last time it's been done its going to go in a matter of time anyways

- rust control, it looks like you've got some bad rust starting, inspect all structural points for rot, then buy yourself an angle grinder and get under there and don't stop until you have removed all rust from the bottom, then put on a proper undercoat.

- next get yourself a wideband O2, if you are planning on turboing the motor you aren't going to want to try to tune using a narrow band. Understand how to properly read it and start researching into fuel mapping/spark curves and aftermarket engine management systems. I would suggest mega squirt it is simply to use and cost effective

You sound young, I will give you advice that I wish someone had given me. Don't even consider cosmetic or sound mods until you first do general maitenance and know your car is back to factory (or greater) spec, just keep that in the back of your head everytime your eyes wander over to the bling section at the autoparts store, this will save you a hell of a lot of headaches

89s1
02-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Don't just bleed the brakes, replace the fluid.

The new fluid is typically the increase in braking force people feel when they do a brake line upgrade and need to replace most if not all the old fluid.

I've owned a couple of those cars and will likely score one for next winter. Fun like little go karts.

forbiddenera
02-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
Skip all of the above except the first two points. You are going about it the ammy way. Forget cosmetics until you've got a solid base.

- First thing is to get a proper exhaust and have it welded up proper with hangers that aren't made of flammable material.

- second is to start a full stage zero; tune up, oil change, compression test, fuel filter, check pumps, move onto suspension- replace all worn out bushings, replace high mileage shocks/springs, move to brakes, check pad/rotor wear and replace if necessary, bleed the system, cooling system next- check rad for damaged fins and dirt clogging fins, coolant flush, might as well do the t-stat at this point if you don't know the last time it's been done its going to go in a matter of time anyways

- rust control, it looks like you've got some bad rust starting, inspect all structural points for rot, then buy yourself an angle grinder and get under there and don't stop until you have removed all rust from the bottom, then put on a proper undercoat.

- next get yourself a wideband O2, if you are planning on turboing the motor you aren't going to want to try to tune using a narrow band. Understand how to properly read it and start researching into fuel mapping/spark curves and aftermarket engine management systems. I would suggest mega squirt it is simply to use and cost effective

You sound young, I will give you advice that I wish someone had given me. Don't even consider cosmetic or sound mods until you first do general maitenance and know your car is back to factory (or greater) spec, just keep that in the back of your head everytime your eyes wander over to the bling section at the autoparts store, this will save you a hell of a lot of headaches

I'm not that young and I know most of what you said and that is a good path to follow to get a good base and it's the RIGHT path for a typical build up, though with the product I am inventing, the tuning aspect is going to be all custom and I already understand a lot about maps and such. I do not plan on running more than maybe 5-psi and nothing has to be perfect in the end - goal is to get this car LOOKING nice, stable and then implement my product.

Suspension & brakes are in good shape - needs a bleed/new fluid but parts are new. Eventually will upgrade all parts to better ones though, but they are new/stock atm.

J-hop
02-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
Don't just bleed the brakes, replace the fluid.

The new fluid is typically the increase in braking force people feel when they do a brake line upgrade and need to replace most if not all the old fluid.

I've owned a couple of those cars and will likely score one for next winter. Fun like little go karts.

???? With a bleed you should be running enough fluid through so that all the fluid in the system is replaced with clean fluid, ie: bleed each corner until you see new fluid, that is the essence of what a brake bleed is. Never under any circumstances take all of the fluid out of your MC, all that accomplishes is getting air in your lines. You may want to pull about half the dirty fluid out of the MC before bleeding so you reduce the amount of dirty fluid you push through the system, but as I said, never empty it.

J-hop
02-14-2012, 07:45 PM

I'm not that young and I know most of what you said and that is a good path to follow to get a good base and it's the RIGHT path for a typical build up, though with the product I am inventing, the tuning aspect is going to be all custom and I already understand a lot about maps and such. I do not plan on running more than maybe 5-psi and nothing has to be perfect in the end - goal is to get this car LOOKING nice, stable and then implement my product.

Suspension & brakes are in good shape - needs a bleed/new fluid but parts are new. Eventually will upgrade all parts to better ones though, but they are new/stock atm.

I didn't mean to sound condescending With the age comment, it just kinda sounds like the approach a lot of 16-20y/o tuners take. I would be interested to see your finished engine management. I got into MS about 8 years ago when it first started to get popular. They've put over a decades worth of work into their system, if yours can compete then hats off to you for sure!

89s1
02-14-2012, 08:13 PM

???? With a bleed you should be running enough fluid through so that all the fluid in the system is replaced with clean fluid, ie: bleed each corner until you see new fluid, that is the essence of what a brake bleed is. Never under any circumstances take all of the fluid out of your MC, all that accomplishes is getting air in your lines. You may want to pull about half the dirty fluid out of the MC before bleeding so you reduce the amount of dirty fluid you push through the system, but as I said, never empty it.

Figured you were suggesting to him to simply bleed them a bit to remove any possible air bubbles trapped in the system. You're clearly savvy, but not everyone is.

Yes a good bleeding of the system will bring a bit of new fluid all the way to the bleeder valve, but not everyone goes that far / knows this. Contextualizing the way I did removed any doubt from someone that may not know this.

Plus, very good info not to let the reservoir run dry, also make sure you bleed the longest lines first (farthest from the master cylinder/ reservoir), and work towards the shortest. On your car it will be RR - LR - RF - LF

CMW403
02-14-2012, 09:57 PM

If you use this post as your bible I will start donating parts.

I've got some nice brand new exhaust parts (resonator and muffler) that I would be willing to donate. But the thing is, I don't want to donate all these parts to you and then have you never update the thread again and never hear about the car.

If I (and any other members) start donating parts to the car we will be expecting you to show up to like 75% of the beyond meets and seriously repping that shit hard (even though I never go to the meets). I'm gonna want to see my shit being used.

Just for curiosity sake, how old are you?

dirtsniffer
02-14-2012, 10:19 PM
17. OP, nice pedals covers. they're awesome

962 kid
02-14-2012, 11:31 PM
What size sticker can we put on? I could probably find some stuff to donate if I could plaster a 2 foot long giant veiny skin flute on your door

forbiddenera
02-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid
What size sticker can we put on? I could probably find some stuff to donate if I could plaster a 2 foot long giant veiny skin flute on your door

Lmfao.. K!

And since everyone's curious I'll be 26 in a few weeks, this is about..my 11th vehicle?

CMW403
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM

Lmfao.. K!

And since everyone's curious I'll be 26 in a few weeks, this is about..my 11th vehicle?

Well I'm out. I'd feel a little weird giving free parts to someone 6 years older than me. I'm sure you would too haha. I was under the assumption that you were like 16.

forbiddenera
02-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

Well I'm out. I'd feel a little weird giving free parts to someone 6 years older than me. I'm sure you would too haha. I was under the assumption that you were like 16.

Why does age matter? Because by my age I should have a stable home? Job? Money for a decent car or parts? Well I don't. Maybe I'm immature, maybe I'm 16 at heart. Most of my adult life has been a struggle. I am just recovering from hitting rock bottom - and I mean bottom, and I've been making huge steps and big changes as well as spending the last few years and most of my time and earnings taking care of my fiancé who is very sick. I am not saying any of this for any one to take pity or that I think I deserve anything.

I just want to spend my life doing what I love. I have always loved computers and I am a very capable programmer and I have always loved cars, especially older ones, I want to merge these two passions into a product I believe many people will enjoy, and if I can ever do this as a business for a living, then I will be a success, ateast by my terms, even if it's not profitable.

I just want to see what the community would put together, even if no one takes any of this seriously and it becomes a sticker-plastered junker, it would be interesting to see.

Let it also be known, anyone who contributes in any way will get credit where is due, I will need to one day hire a few very talented mechanics and car nerds to make this a reality. If you are interested in knowing more about my product idea, drop me a PM. I don't want it to be public knowledge because i want to do this first.

forbiddenera
02-17-2012, 07:41 PM
I might throw together a 3d sketch with some ideas..

Anyone have a high poly model of a EF?

dirtsniffer
02-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

told you bro, this guy can help for sure.

forbiddenera
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Manifold has arrived. P/O said it was cracked somewhere but I cannot find it - perhaps it's been fixed already, but it doesn't look like any part has been recently welded. Going to have to do a more detailed inspection.

Anyone got a chip burner / used crome?

forbiddenera
02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Heru-Farukon donated a a-pillar single-gauge pod to get my n/b off the corner of my dash! thanks m8. Was a bit big for my gauge but a simple flange and wah-lah.

gogreen
03-01-2012, 12:03 PM

Good advice. Make it a safe, functional, and reliable base platform first. Following that, I would suggest you use the car solely as your "test mule" to develop your product before proceeding further. The substance should be your primary focus. Worry about the style later on in the process.

You never know, if it works as expected you may eventually want to install your product in a vehicle with a more universal appeal and use that as your showcase instead. I know a lot of people appreciate older Hondas but it's still a limited demographic. Depends on your target market and the specifics of your product though, I suppose.

On that note the other big thing I would suggest, if you're truly serious about this undertaking, is to develop a business plan with clear goals.

Very intriguing thread. Good luck!

forbiddenera
03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi, thanks for your input. I do actually have a business plan put together and am about 4 years into this project. As it's been second to just about everything in my life - that 4 years hasn't yielded much to be honest - also losing the original vehicle didn't help.

My demographic is pretty limited anyway though - I am limited to most older cars by design - but I eventually want to do any old car from muscle cars to classic imports.

Originally posted by gogreen

Good advice. Make it a safe, functional, and reliable base platform first. Following that, I would suggest you use the car solely as your "test mule" to develop your product before proceeding further. The substance should be your primary focus. Worry about the style later on in the process.

You never know, if it works as expected you may eventually want to install your product in a vehicle with a more universal appeal and use that as your showcase instead. I know a lot of people appreciate older Hondas but it's still a limited demographic. Depends on your target market and the specifics of your product though, I suppose.

On that note the other big thing I would suggest, if you're truly serious about this undertaking, is to develop a business plan with clear goals.

Very intriguing thread. Good luck!

Sugarphreak
03-01-2012, 01:19 PM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I wish god would sponsor me with some free and or discounted tires for Auto X...

Cody D
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I don't really understand what your sponsors get out of this. Are you going to be racing this car, taking it to shows, participating in cruises?

If I were to sponsor such a car, firstly I'd want to be represented somewhere significant. I don't mind a rusted old Honda Civic, if it is actually competitive. I personally dig beat up old cars that hit the track and rip shit up.

I think his best bet is to play towards the "Please give me your free Civic parts because I'm poor" angle. No one would seriously sponsor this car for obvious reasons. Also he shouldn't have told anyone his age, when I thought he was 16 and just trying to get into cars it was a neat idea and made me remember being 16 and just wanting to modify a car with no money, but then when he said he was 26 it killed the whole nostalgia aspect and became weird.

I just keep thinking that if you're able bodied and can tie your own shoes you can get a job that pays a lot of money in Alberta, oil companies actually have billboards looking for workers, it's time to get the resumes out there and make some money.

forbiddenera
03-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Interesting judgments.

I never said I was poor, that I don't have a job, or that I don't want to put money into this car. I simply want to 'donate' my car to the community's ideas. If 10 people want to come over and turn it into a transformer then so be it!

My age doesn't matter. And I'm not just trying to 'mod my car with no money'. Why does my age matter? I've only even had an interest in cars in the last few years, so I'm pretty new.

I plan on racing this car in rallies. I already have a few sponsorships from a few companies around town.

Anyway - new parts since last post:
- Proper exhaust being welded on this weekend (hopefully).
- JDM? front bumper & lip (doesn't look like the JDM Si, but doesn't look USDM either, sponsor said it was JDM but wasn't sure, haven't identified it yet)
- New hood in better shape.

gretz
03-03-2012, 07:42 PM

Why does age matter? Because by my age I should have a stable home? Job? Money for a decent car or parts? Well I don't.

I never said I was poor, that I don't have a job, or that I don't want to put money into this car.

hmmm lol

Sugarphreak
03-03-2012, 09:34 PM

forbiddenera
03-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Completely aware of that. But for now it's also my DD. Also, with what I plan on doing with the interior and stuff with my product I'm engineering - all that needs to go with it.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Which rallies are you planning on entering?

What companies are sponsoring you? That is cool that you got some local places to back you up.

^^ All the things above are not going to help you win rally races btw, in some cases adding weight is going to do the opposite. You should abandon those ideas and focus more on getting your car up to spec and safe.

You might have some luck asking around the local racing club forums for used gravel tires.

Graham_A_M
03-03-2012, 11:21 PM

LMFAO.. I saw that after, and, dammit.. Not even close to what I'm doing.. But still makes me look stupider because it sounds like I am doing something similar.

Using such non-existant words probably doesn't help much either. ;)

forbiddenera
03-03-2012, 11:47 PM
'course not.

Guess the bumper is actually a CRX one.. Need CRX fenders now ..

forbiddenera
03-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by gretz

hmmm lol

And that proves nothing I said wrong - I don't have money for a new car or a whole build worth of parts right now.

That doesn't make me poor, jobless, or unwilling to put what I can into it.

forbiddenera
03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Full brand new exhaust welded up and installed. Much quieter. Nice tip. Props to Quinton for the help. Will post pics tomorrow when I get some in the light.