PDA

View Full Version : BDS Suspension?

heavyfuel
02-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Anybody having issues with BDS shocks as of recently? I got dual steering stabilizers on my Dodge back in September, had to swap em out cuz they were spewing oil, a month ago, and now 1 of them is getting swapped out again, just waiting for it to arrive. Lifetime warranty is nice and BDS have been hassle free with it, but it's a pain in the ass to swap out shocks with each oil change.... any recommendations for a better product? Thanks

FraserB
02-14-2012, 09:37 AM
See if Bilstein offers something. Just curious as to why you need a dual setup.

heavyfuel
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
See if Bilstein offers something. Just curious as to why you need a dual setup.

Oh... yeah shoulda clarified... 6" long arm lift and 35's.

FraserB
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I'd check for a suspension issue. Np reason to be eating stabilizers even at that height a dual setup should not be needed.

heavyfuel
02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
I'd check for a suspension issue. Np reason to be eating stabilizers even at that height a dual setup should not be needed.

Ohhh we checked.... Everything is tight up front.... I know they're not crucial for 35's but we all know that Dodge front end components are garbage to begin with and as such I wanted to wreak less havoc on them due to the bigger tires.

19fury69
02-15-2012, 02:46 PM
My truck eats steering stabilizers too, I've tried just about everything and they all last about the same. More I spend, the longer they last but still not much of a difference.
My front end also takes one hell of a beating, I launch the truck hard in 4x4 quite often as its built for strip/street

Cooked Rice
02-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Are you using boots with them?

Jasons97tj
02-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Check out Carli suspensions steering stabilizers. They have low mount and high mount set ups using bilsteins. (This is if you have a 3/4 or 1 ton...)

I have their Back country 2.0 kit on my 2010 3500 which uses bilstein 5160 shocks and so far they are kickin ass!

heavyfuel
02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Are you using boots with them?

Oh hell yeah... and big ass zip ties too, not the flimsy ones that come with the boots. Got some Pro-Comps on there now, see how that works out.

heavyfuel
02-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Well, the Pro-Comps are already leaking, so I just picked up the entire upgraded linkage package from the dealership, those are going on tomorrow. Gonna go with a single hi-mount setup on top of the stock one.