PDA

View Full Version : Hygenic Ear piercing?

LollerBrader
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone know where to get hygenic ear-piercing done?

I'm seeking something that uses disposable, 1-use needles.

I checked with Merle Norman at Market Mall, and they just wipe the point with an alcohol cloth.

Looking for something more...

03ozwhip
02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
if you go ot Ardene or similar places, they use guns...otherwise possibly a peircing/tattoo shop?

JRSC00LUDE
02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by LollerBrader
Anyone know where to get hygenic ear-piercing done?

I'm seeking something that uses disposable, 1-use needles.

I checked with Merle Norman at Market Mall, and they just wipe the point with an alcohol cloth.

Looking for something more...

I can't imagine that ANYWHERE uses a needle twice.

What do you refer to as "hygenic"? Go to any piercing shop and get it done, if you go anywhere that uses a gun you're a moron.

HHURICANE1
02-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Go to a proper piercing shop. Those guns cannot be sterilized properly.

Spoons
02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
I went to Devine on 17th. It looks like a hole walking in, the store looks like a hole, but all in all the girls know exactly what they are doing and are super clean.

I had both my ears pierced and you are supposed to soak them in salt water twice a day or something. I think i only did that once or twice (way less than you are supposed to) and I didn't get an infection.

I highly recommend.

bignerd
02-14-2012, 06:40 PM
They don't use the point in the gun to pierce your ear... you buy the set of starter studs that are pointed and they load a sterile stud earring into the gun and that is pushed through your ear.

know1edge
02-14-2012, 08:09 PM
yea I thought the needles were all 1 time use...

I had a piercing done @ divine. kind of expensive
also been to tribal expressions.
both the same shit but TE is the "only exclusive piercing shop" in calgary

JRSC00LUDE
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
They don't use the point in the gun to pierce your ear... you buy the set of starter studs that are pointed and they load a sterile stud earring into the gun and that is pushed through your ear.

It's still the absolute worst choice for piercing but hey, what do I know?

Spoons
02-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Shut the fuck up and fight me already!

:rofl:

craigcd
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
if you go ot Ardene or similar places, they use guns...otherwise possibly a peircing/tattoo shop?

Heard on the news last week i think the Ardene in Market Mall had their permit pulled for not have running water or the proper equipment to clean the peircing guns.

bignerd
02-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

No idea what you know. But I know that I never commented or said anything to the effect that it was or was not a good method of piercing.

thrasher22
02-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Don't be cheap and go to a real piercing place... You get what you pay for, and do you really want some 17 year olds that work at the mall putting holes in your body?

I've gotten a few done at tribal expressions, but they're fairly expensive. Got one years ago at Immaculate Concept (near 17th) and was impressed. Only place I've gotten something where I wasn't impressed was Body Inc... I know a bunch of people who have gotten tats or piercings there and had no problem though...

A friend of mine does piercings at Gypsy Rose and really knows her stuff, check them out!

masoncgy
02-15-2012, 12:44 AM
I don't get the fuss about piercing guns for ears... especially lobes. I had both of mine done in the early 90s with a piercing gun and they were totally fine. No infection, no weird scarring, nothing. I ditched my earrings about a year and a half ago after 18 years.... they healed up with almost no mark at all.

I wouldn't want anything else pierced with them... but lobe piercing is pretty basic.