PDA

View Full Version : My Highlight Tape

colt22
02-15-2012, 11:55 AM
:werd:

anarchy
02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Pretty cool! Good for you for getting drafted - good luck.

Only feedback I'd have is the video is a bit long at 9 mins, and some of the highlight ones are long as well. Maybe do some editing to make it more concise - you'll probably lose viewer interest if it's too long.

ZorroAMG
02-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Agree with anarchy, this isn't unlike the demo reels in my business as an actor. Keep it under 5 minutes and keep the viewers from getting "bored". Our minds wander way to easily nowadays. More quick cuts/montage and only full plays when absolutely necessary, we don't need to see the quarterback's work.

Also, the music needs to be quicker and harder hitting through the plays, match the bass beat to when you hit the ground in an air catch, dive over a pile, get hit after a long run or drum snare to you catching the ball etc...the intro can be the epic 300 style music you have now but switch it up to keep us guessing.

Great job and huge congrats on going for what you really want. You can tell that you've worked fucking hard. That one play where you were at full sprint and then did a nitro boosted dive to pass the last blocker in the endzone....damn, that is some serious athleticism and training.

Big :thumbsup: from a guy that knows what it's like to work your ass off for a long shot career :)

max_boost
02-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Gangster. Good for you bro. :thumbsup:

ercchry
02-16-2012, 12:25 PM
ha! i had a feeling i knew you...

Spoons
02-16-2012, 04:52 PM
You played Hilltoppers back in the day did you not?

asp integra
02-16-2012, 10:56 PM
you got some jets! nice work dude! one thing i would say after making ski videos and sponsor me edits, keep it short and sweet, take the best 2 minutes of footage and throw it together, 9 is a bit long

wardpr68
02-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I really hope you didn't make YOUR OWN highlight reel..... stay humble sir, it will get you a lot further in professional sport.

BigMass
02-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by wardpr68
I really hope you didn't make YOUR OWN highlight reel..... stay humble sir, it will get you a lot further in professional sport.

Lol wtf why not? He's just starting out, who's supposed to make it for him? one of his millions of internet fans that don't exist. Using footage nobody has but him? This stuff is good to have to show people and sponsors to let them know who you are. You also cut your own video to send to colleges down south for scholarships.

The_Rural_Juror
02-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Really cool shit. You inspired me to do some push ups. :D

CUG
02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
AHahaha hauling ass. Nice boot at 1:46. I think you have better wheels than Forzani.

dandia89
02-17-2012, 11:57 AM
want to play on my flag football team ;)

ZorroAMG
02-17-2012, 04:28 PM

Do you know ANYTHING about marketing? Self-promotion is a business necessity when what you are selling is YOU.

GT.....O?
02-18-2012, 03:24 PM
You have fast feet man. Good luck.

wardpr68
02-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Because I am sure Tiger Woods, Jarome Iginla, Payton Manning, and Tom Brady all made highlight reels of themselves....

Whatever, if you think that's smart, more power to you. Good luck in the future.

MrSector9
02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Because I am sure Tiger Woods, Jarome Iginla, Payton Manning, and Tom Brady all made highlight reels of themselves....

Whatever, if you think that's smart, more power to you. Good luck in the future.

If they were up and coming now I would gurantee they would have them, Tom brady is the youngest of the ones you compared and he was drafted in 2000, how many people do you know that were editing home videos at that time? then uploading them onto the internet? these tools were just not there for the regular person at that time where now movie maker programs come on pretty much every computer shipped.

In todays social media world these are the things that help, look how many people have gotten a break off an internet video, where this guy already has gotten a break it still gets him out there even more. doesn't matter if it was made by yourself, your mom or your fans the more "you" get out there the more people will notice.

I wouldn't hold it against him if he made is own shirts for people to wear, it is now 100% about exposure.

About the video. I would shorten it by putting the best clips together (performing a couple different plays/scenarios) and then make shorter videos including other clips.

buh_buh
02-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Its actually VERY common for people to send out tapes of themselves for potential colleges for sports. I don't know what some of you guys are talking about.

Not everyone's going to be a standout talent from the get go like the Mannings, Iginlas and Bradys. For every one of those guys, there's another 20 or 30 guys just trying to make the show. And for those guys, there aren't always scouts there to watch your every move. I can almost guarantee you, for those guys, they have sent out a tape of themselves to someone.

Cos
02-19-2012, 12:01 PM

Supa Dexta
02-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Maybe I should post up my highlight reel.. It would be an askleo post though. :rofl: