PDA

View Full Version : Another reason the Canucks have the best fans in the world

supe
02-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Check the link for pix.

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article/331910--vandals-target-milan-lucic-s-family-church-with-profanity?cid=dlvr.it

BURNABY (NEWS1130) - A crude image has been spray-painted on the side of a church in Burnaby - along with "F--- Lucic" and "Go Canuks Go [sic]." St. Archangel Michael Serbian Orthodox Church on Canada Way is the place of worship for the family of Boston Bruin power forward Milan Lucic, and the East Vancouver native still isn't getting much love after the Bruins beat the Canucks in the Stanley Cup Final eight months ago. The black graffiti sprawls across the stone wall in letters about half a metre high, along with a depiction of male genitals. "It's disrespectful," says one passerby, echoing the sentiments of many others. "If it's just a hockey fan pissed off, that's ridiculous. You don't go after someone's church just because a team beat another team for the Stanley Cup, right? It's uncalled for." "If you catch them, hold them down and spray paint them for a while. See how they like it!" says another. But it didn't take long to find signs of the sentiment behind the vandalism. "He's the [Boston] player right? He probably deserves it! Who likes Boston in this town?" grumbles a passing Canucks fan. It was Lucic's girlfriend who posted pictures of the graffiti on Twitter, calling the vandals "punks." Lucic grew up in East Vancouver and played for the WHL's Vancouver Giants from 2004 to 2007, winning a Memorial Cup in his final year. He was drafted by the Boston Bruins in 2006 and made the roster in the 2007-2008 season.

Stealth22
02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Stay classy, Canuck fans. :rolleyes:

2002civic
02-17-2012, 03:33 PM
what a joke of a team and fanbase... can't even spell it right.

Spoons
02-17-2012, 03:50 PM
I think its hilarious :rofl:

"The black graffiti sprawls across the stone wall in letters about half a metre high, along with a depiction of male genitals."

I feel people are making it a big deal because it is a Church. To me that is just another building.

dandia89
02-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

"The black graffiti sprawls across the stone wall in letters about half a metre high, along with a depiction of male genitals."

I feel people are making it a big deal because it is a Church. To me that is just another building.
To them it isn't just another building. Go figure.

95teetee
02-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

me too.

In a "what a bunch of fucking idiots" way, probably not in the way you mean.

grwnded
02-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Why do canuks fans insist on vandalizing their own stuff? Not that vandalism in general isn't stupid but this stuff just makes me think that canuks fans are even dumber than average vandal.

It's kind of like wanting to fight some guy in the bar (dumb) then punching yourself in the face (dumber)

justincalgary
02-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Way to generalize one of the biggest fan bases in hockey because of one moron.

You're trying to tell me Flames fans all wear halos?

Don't bother bring up the riot as evidence of their "classy" fans either, because most of those were stupid punk hooligans who only had one thing on their mind.

Kloubek
02-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Let it go Justin. Some Calgary fans are just looking to collect ammunition for when the post season comes around and they have nothing to do.

Quizzes
02-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Go Flams Go!

Stealth22
02-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by justincalgary

Don't bother bring up the riot as evidence of their "classy" fans either, because most of those were stupid punk hooligans who only had one thing on their mind.

Originally posted by Kloubek
Let it go Justin. Some Calgary fans are just looking to collect ammunition for when the post season comes around and they have nothing to do.
Hey come on, guys. You have to admit, the perception of Vancouverites (and Canuck fans outside of Vancouver) isn't all that great right now.

Everyone knows that not every Canucks fan is like that, and not every Flames/Oilers/Ducks/Avs/whatever fan is a saint either. But Vancouver just seems to have been in the news a lot the past 12 months.

4bier
02-18-2012, 07:39 AM
shocked they didnt burn it
time heals all wounds its been a year get over it

asp integra
02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
typical vancouver fans, i think they prefer the "less class the better approach"

dirtsniffer
02-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by justincalgary

last I checked you can put 100,000 flames fans on one street and the worst thing that happened was some public urination.

m10-power
02-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Not surprised, looking forward to a flames/canucks first round tilt. Hopefully the team is healthy and we can end the canucks fans hopes earlier to save their city from another riot.

:poosie:

Tram Common
02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Hahaha, awesome. :D