PDA

View Full Version : Seeking recommendation for meeting hall.

LollerBrader
02-21-2012, 03:51 PM
I belong to a hobbiest club that meets once a month at a community center. We're losing our slot to a board member with more clout, and need to move.

We need a new home to have our meetings.

Must be:

-Inexpensive
-Wheelchair accessible.
-Coffee maker a bonus.
-In calgary, preferably central.

Suggestions appreciated.

dannie
02-21-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure if this will work for you or not....

If you are a non-profit organization, Co-op stores all have a conference room that can be booked for no charge. Depending on the size of your group and if you are a non-profit, that might be an option for you

LollerBrader
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by dannie

If you are a non-profit organization, Co-op stores all have a conference room that can be booked for no charge. Depending on the size of your group and if you are a non-profit, that might be an option for you

Good idea, I'll check it out. Thanks dannie.

ExtraSlow
02-21-2012, 05:24 PM
I think a lot of the superstores also have meeting space.

A bit more baller, the Chamber of Commerce downtown has meeting space, and they may be cheap for non-profit.

J-hop
02-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by dannie

This may not be the case with all places but from my experience with a non-profit car club we were required to submit our non-profit number to them to prove we were a non profit organization. So just make sure you are set up with a non-profit number