PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone work at Futureshop, Visions? (need tv)

tech1
02-21-2012, 10:50 PM
im looking to buy a few things for the new home is there anyone that can hook up, maybe a dyson vacuum as well?

InRich
02-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Dude... Im going in Canyon meadows to see my guy on Thursday... he ALWAYS gives it to me close to cost.. and I have been seeing him for 5 years... your welcome to come. PM me your number i'll call you and we can meet there, or you can meet me... I'm picking up a whole system... Thursday afternoon.

Spoons
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Soundsaround is going out of business. Below cost TVs as long as you are okay with possibly picking up a floor model.

ganesh
02-22-2012, 09:38 AM
I have a friend who works for FS and I know the manager at Visions on 32nd If you are intrested send me a PM. They will give you Cost + 5% to 10%. Depends on howmuch you are spending.

HyperZell
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
http://blog.wtfconcept.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/its-a-dyson.jpg

adamc
02-22-2012, 01:05 PM
If any Futureshop/BB employees are reading this thread, can anyone tell me what cost is on a Canon s100 camera?

Just so I have some room to grind my local guy a bit.

Scat E46
02-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Bottom left of the screen there is a bunch of numbers, that is the cost (on BB computers)

nj2Type-S
02-22-2012, 01:20 PM
sorry to piggy back on this thread but i'm looking at a gopro2. anybody wanna hook me up, please? lol. :D

Disoblige
02-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Scat E46
Bottom left of the screen there is a bunch of numbers, that is the cost (on BB computers)
Yeah but I doubt they put the real cost for employees to look at (for obvious reasons).

psycoticclown
02-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Yeah but I doubt they put the real cost for employees to look at (for obvious reasons).

I used to work at bb and they do, that is the cost that they pay. The managers will use that number when making a deal.

Disoblige
02-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

I used to work at bb and they do, that is the cost that they pay. The managers will use that number when making a deal.
Cool if it's true. I just know at certain big box stores, even the managers don't get to see what the true cost is for a lot of items, so they can use that number to make a deal, but even they don't know the true cost. Either that or they use that number to make customers think they are getting Cost + 5%, etc.

slammedfc
02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
i need a new tv aswell! some one hook me up!

Supa Dexta
02-22-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm here for the free TV's... :dunno:

Spoons
02-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

It's not the actual cost. There is still a bunch of mark up on it.

Nobody except for the actual purchasers (and anyone who needs to be privy to that information) actually knows the true cost.

Source: I worked at Futureshop for far far too long.

FraserB
02-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Keeping that in mind, any FS or BB purchasers on Beyond?

JZS_147
02-22-2012, 06:02 PM
my buddy is the store manager at visions on Mcleod, pm me and i'll give you the info

Canmorite
02-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Check this thread for advice:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/247664/what-is-the-cheapest-place-for-lcd-plasma-any-beyond-hookups/

tech1
02-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by InRich
Dude... Im going in Canyon meadows to see my guy on Thursday... he ALWAYS gives it to me close to cost.. and I have been seeing him for 5 years... your welcome to come. PM me your number i'll call you and we can meet there, or you can meet me... I'm picking up a whole system... Thursday afternoon.

damn, what time tommorow were you lookin to go ?

Squishy
02-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Yeah but I doubt they put the real cost for employees to look at (for obvious reasons). They give us cost + 5%. Example, at BB dynex / rocketfish is dirt cheap for employees. You also hardly get discounts on TVs cuz they're so close to cost. If you want a real deal come in BB and get an open box TV, say you've been told you get an additional $50 or something off and they'll usually do it.

Disoblige
02-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Squishy
They give us cost + 5%. Example, at BB dynex / rocketfish is dirt cheap for employees. You also hardly get discounts on TVs cuz they're so close to cost. If you want a real deal come in BB and get an open box TV, say you've been told you get an additional $50 or something off and they'll usually do it.
Well what I mean is that the Cost "#" that you see isn't the actual cost of the product. It still has some mark up on it, as Spoons was pointing out. It's the same at the place I work at.

I believe you when you say you are getting that Cost "#" + 5% though.

InRich
02-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by tech1

damn, what time tommorow were you lookin to go ?

I was thinking around 6 - 7... canyon meadows future shop. I'm gonna be buying my entire theater system for my basement. I'll intro you to my guy, he'll answer all your questions, and then get you the lowest possible price.

93mr2gt
02-22-2012, 10:40 PM
anyone know when soundsaround is closing out? i dont see news on their website.

canadian_hustla
02-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 93mr2gt
anyone know when soundsaround is closing out? i dont see news on their website.

April 15 2012

Source:
clicky (http://www.marketnews.ca/LatestNewsHeadlines/CalgarysSoundsaroundClosingForGood.html)

93mr2gt
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
surprised they havent advertised any selloffs yet...

Mibz
02-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by InRich

I was thinking around 6 - 7... canyon meadows future shop. I'm gonna be buying my entire theater system for my basement. I'll intro you to my guy, he'll answer all your questions, and then get you the lowest possible price. Do you mean Deerfoot Meadows? I couldn't think of what electronics retailer was in Canyon Meadows and there's definitely not a Future Shop.

InRich
02-23-2012, 01:04 PM
^ yea looks like I wont be going gf got some box seats for the flames... i'll be going friday

Paul
02-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Go see Gorby at FS in Deerfoot Meadows, tell him Paul sent you.
No BS

Spoons
02-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Paul
No BS

Gorby's still rockin' it down at Deerfoot hey?

Is his wife still his secretary? :rofl: :rofl:

InRich
02-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Paul
No BS

haha thats my guy...

kaput
02-24-2012, 07:36 PM

Paul
02-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Does Gorby work weekends? I'm looking at either a 46" or 55" Samsung or Sony LED if anyone has any advice or opinions about them.

He works everyday but Tueaday. Go talk to him, he's a good guy to give you the info you're looking for. Again, you can tell him Paul sent you. But apparently everyone knows him

turbotrip
02-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

It's not the actual cost. There is still a bunch of mark up on it.

Nobody except for the actual purchasers (and anyone who needs to be privy to that information) actually knows the true cost.

Source: I worked at Futureshop for far far too long.

Indeed this is true. The "cost" on the screens is still cost+some markup. And BB/futureshop employees should know this because sometimes items go on sale for less than that "cost" price. I bought my TV under that cost shown on the computer, it was cheaper to buy it regular on sale rather than through an employee discount.