PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Juke - Anyone own one?

Skrilla
02-22-2012, 10:34 AM
I am wondering if anyone owns, or has owned/know someone etc. a Nissan Juke. My girl and I are looking for a crossover type vehicle, and we have looked at a few so far, but the Juke has impressed in more ways than not.

We drove a AWD w/ cvt trans, one thing I noticed right away is they have quite the get up and go, and I really like the looks, but they are also quite small inside. I don't know anyone who has one, so hoping I could get some opinions on them.

Also is there another similar priced cuv/suv to look at? I would like to spend under $30k?? Don't wan't anything to big, the Equinox is her fav, but I am not sold.

Thanks.

CanmoreOrLess
02-22-2012, 10:37 AM
If you can get over the looks (I also like it), the vehicle sounds great. Edmonds has had one long term, plenty of reports here:

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/Vehicles/2011-nissan-juke-sl-awd/

As for the small inside issue, get a roof rack for the six times a year you might need more space, cheaper than a larger vehicle and far more useful overall. It is rather amazing just how small of a vehicle most people can get away with if they are realistic and a little creative.

Maxx Mazda
02-22-2012, 10:41 AM
How can you get over those looks?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Canucks3332? I think had one.

Aleks
02-22-2012, 10:45 AM
If Equinox is the same price range, it's way more vehicle for the money. Juke is way too small. Turbo part is pretty cool. CVT is not.

Maybelater
02-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Nobody can get over the looks.

Skrilla
02-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Yea the CVT was a little odd, I wish you could get the Manual in AWD. As for the "looks" comments, well things could be said of the vehicles others drive. I am assuming if someone owns one, they like it.

Thanks for the link Canmore, seems fuel mileage is not so hot.

Maxx Mazda
02-22-2012, 01:03 PM
It's on par with the Aztek for ugliest car designed.

heavyD
02-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
If Equinox is the same price range, it's way more vehicle for the money. Juke is way too small. Turbo part is pretty cool. CVT is not.

I agree. It's essentially a Suzuki Swift 4x4. Way too small for the money.

Skrilla
02-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
It's on par with the Aztek for ugliest car designed.

Ahh, such educated posts...

anyway, got a chance to swing in and test drive Equinox, was actually very quiet, and not a bad ride. Hopefully get away to Calgary this weekend to broaden our search with some non local brands.

Canucks3322
02-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Canucks3332? I think had one.

I sure did...I would definitely buy one again in the future when some used ones come on the market for cheap! That being said, it would purely be my own vehicle and not much else, it has about the same practicality as my G35 coupe now. If you and your girl plan to have kids, better think about having a 2nd more practical vehicle lol... In fact, I think I actually fit more stuff into my G now than the Juke. It's more of a sports car that sits higher up really. The thing is pretty damn fast and has AWD, I'd say it's probably the funnest car I've ever had. CVT does kind of suck, if you do get one, make sure you get the upgraded Icon drive selector where you can tweak it into "sport" mode...the base models don't have that. The back seats are completely useless too, I'm 5'6" and I find I had little leg room in the back...if you do get one, get a custom front grill cover, a rock came up and hit the a/c condenser that sits in front of the radiator, I was s.o.l. on that...other than that, there hasn't been any reported problems, they did a recall starting last month on the turbochargers but that's about it, and some minor thing with the door latches and ecu reflash...

Don't know much about the Equinox, looks classier but resale value and reliability would be worse....

Most people either love or hate the look of the Juke, I loved, but part of the reason was because I had the almost-black color and the front grill didn't look as bad, I dunno, it's mostly women who seem to love the look of it regardless but I can tell you performance-wise, this thing is AWESOME!...oh one last thing, gas is a bitch though haha, $60 for a tank and I got 350km or so...

Btw...if performance isn't as high on your list, I would personally take a look at the new Mazda CX-5, looks good, more practical, same price range I think, but good on gas too