PDA

View Full Version : What is your deciding factor when calling for a tow truck?

Mtn Tow
02-24-2012, 06:04 PM

ddduke
02-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Wait time is #1 for sure. If i want something towed then it's usually broken down/smashed up and I need it moved off the road immediately. My gfs car got stuck in park a few months ago and I called 34 different tow truck drivers, almost every single one was useless, I could hear the tvs playing in the background and they were telling me to wait a day or 2. I went with the first guy that said he'd be there within a few hrs, which was actually near impossible to find.

Being a tow truck driver must either be the most busy/lucrative business in the world or an industry full of useless cunts (besides the major companies with real time lines and standards like the company andyl used to work for).

ExtraSlow
02-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I usually make a quick analysis of the probability that the company owner/manager has made an ass of himself on any of the forums I frequent.

Graham_A_M
02-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
Wait time is #1 for sure. If i want something towed then it's usually broken down/smashed up and I need it moved off the road immediately. My gfs car got stuck in park a few months ago and I called 34 different tow truck drivers, almost every single one was useless, I could hear the tvs playing in the background and they were telling me to wait a day or 2. I went with the first guy that said he'd be there within a few hrs, which was actually near impossible to find.

Being a tow truck driver must either be the most busy/lucrative business in the world or an industry full of useless cunts (besides the major companies with real time lines and standards like the company andyl used to work for).

Pretty much this. I like to give my business over to the smaller companies some times, but Citywide is generally quite good.

I met the owner of Chester's Towing over when he was at Race City with his 900hp bracket car. He was one cool cat, really knew his shit too! I haven't had to use towing for anything since meeting him, but I'd give him a ring first if I ever needed it.

AndyL
02-24-2012, 09:00 PM
dduke :) There's a reason I left, I just keep that between me and them...

I'm all about the driver, fuck the company... There's only 3 guys I'd let touch my car. But that's an insiders opinion... There are very few tow operators out there (lots of tow truck drivers though), fewer who care, even fewer who have any hand eye co-ordination, and even less who give a shit if they do it right...

FraserB
02-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Wait time and driver. I have sent more than a few drivers back when it became clear they were retards.

EM1FTW
02-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Depends if they are good with lowered cars or not

Mtn Tow
02-25-2012, 12:23 AM

dirtsniffer
02-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Another awesome thread from mtn tow.

Mtn Tow
02-25-2012, 12:49 AM

Kijho
02-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Definitely two, I feel so opposite the rest of this thread who all just want a rapid response time.

If my car's already fucked, I don't give a shit if I have to wait a bit longer if it means peace of mind that it won't get double fucked.

Quality of equipment && Customer service.

I've seen the guy's ripping around flatbeds, literally two nights ago I saw a driver get the keys for the car that had a smashed in rear wheel, and DRIVE the car (fwd) up onto the flatbed, just absolutely gunned it up while the rear wheel dragged through the snow.

No way in HELL would I pay any price, to get the tow right away with a driver who treats the car like that!!

Just me .02

smartcar
02-25-2012, 10:32 AM
The "other" is likely AMA members or people who have a regular company and just call. I've always found AMA to be very good.

bignerd
02-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Other-More concerned with how they treat my car while loading/unloading and towing it.

Mtn Tow
02-25-2012, 01:04 PM

swak
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Other-More concerned with how they treat my car while loading/unloading and towing it.

THIS.

I voted price, but on second thought, id pay 10x what the cheapest guy quoted me for good service and to have the guy care for my car like it was his own.

I always deal with this A-1 dude, not the big A1 company, just a single truck guy who is exceptionally good with caring for lowered cars (my corrado was f-ing low, and he had no issues).

But hes pretty sporadic with price quotes.. In that he doesn't give you a price until he drops off the car then gives you the "What do you think is a fair price?"
Then negotiates from there... But super reasonable guy

... Thats what i look for it a tow-driver

CanmoreOrLess
02-25-2012, 01:23 PM
AMA.

If I need a tow, it is best to have a vehicle.

Mtn Tow
02-25-2012, 01:25 PM

syritis
02-25-2012, 02:59 PM
I base my decision of how much they have screwed me in the past. damaging car further, 4x longer then stated wait time. or telling me that my ama membership would not help me at the track. unimaginable bills. or just all around shitty attitudes.

chesters has been good to me. little smaller fleet though.

Maybelater
02-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by smartcar
The "other" is likely AMA members or people who have a regular company and just call. I've always found AMA to be very good.

This. If I needed a tow and had AMA/CAA (I keep on telling myself I am going to get it) that would be who I would use if I had free tows I could us. Why pay otherwise?

heavyfuel
02-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Jesus Christ I remember when I asked what the deciding factor would be when looking for the services my company provides, and I got ran outta here in no time. Even though I wasn't trying to self promote... Just sayin'...

AE92_TreunoSC
02-27-2012, 12:11 AM
He's kinda posting like crazy, somewhat irritating and now he's borderline promoting his own business in an indirect way.

Mtn Tow
02-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Sugarphreak
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM

ercchry
02-27-2012, 01:39 PM
isnt this the guy who dragged his dog behind his truck and didnt even know it?

Mtn Tow
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM

ercchry
02-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Mtn Tow
Dog was tied on to deck. Someone fucked with tie-down. Dog fell off. Dog can still clear fences.

I paid my fine.

Wanna make it personal? Not a problem, POS. :devil:

how is that making it personal? you are the one who posted all about it then begged members for money :facepalm:

the point is, if you cant handle transporting a dog, why should anyone trust you with their car? and not even that, the fact that you STILL blame it on some imaginary person after all this time what would you story be if you fucked up someone's car?

if you didnt come across as a cock in this thread i would have left it as history... welcome to beyond :nut:

sillysod
02-27-2012, 02:21 PM
How is this thread not closed and this guy not banned? :dunno:

CompletelyNumb
02-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Entertainment value?

dirtsniffer
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

how is that making it personal? you are the one who posted all about it then begged members for money :facepalm:

the point is, if you cant handle transporting a dog, why should anyone trust you with their car? and not even that, the fact that you STILL blame it on some imaginary person after all this time what would you story be if you fucked up someone's car?

if you didnt come across as a cock in this thread i would have left it as history... welcome to beyond :nut:

haha, I didn't realize it's the same guy. to funny!
you should check out of his other thread 'what colour are your socks today'

FraserB
02-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Got a link to these other threads? I need a daily funny.

Tik-Tok
02-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
He's kinda posting like crazy

http://boardreader.com/site/Beyond_ca_Car_Forums_Automotiv_14781.html

FraserB
02-27-2012, 02:54 PM
LOL

Personally, I'm surprised that anyone would even LET you have an animal.

After all, your body of work on this site makes it fairly apparent that you can barely take care of yourself.

Kavy
02-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

http://boardreader.com/site/Beyond_ca_Car_Forums_Automotiv_14781.html

Fantastic

Coles Notes

Mtn Tow comes in and asks about what people like to hopefully help his towing business.

People answer, some are jerks hes an asshole in return.

People complain that the number one thing wrong with tow drivers is they are lazy as fuck and never actually get out and do their job, instead they sit around doing nothing.

Tik Tok posts stats showing that Mtn Tow spends all his time on beyond........sitting around..........doing nothing....

Hilarity soon to ensue after people notice the irony.

Mtn Tow
02-27-2012, 03:29 PM

Sugarphreak
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM

JRSC00LUDE
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Seeing as I don't serve Calgary, this is hardly an ad. Seeing as my company name isn't in here, this is hardly an ad.

Yes, this tread is to get a better insight into what matters to customers. Whats wrong with that?

All other matters aside, you can't really argue with these two things. I don't see how it could be called promoting a business....that being said, thread carefully!

heavyfuel
02-27-2012, 03:40 PM

Seeing as I don't serve Calgary, this is hardly an ad.

Why then, ask Calgarians on a Calgary based forum for their opinions? I lived in Banff/Canmore 1994-96 and if you've been there any amount of time you should know as well as I do that Canmorite vs. Calgarian consumerism is like night and day right there.

ercchry
02-27-2012, 03:58 PM

When did I ever ask anyone for money? Your claim, back it the fuck up. And that imaginary person has long since got his.

Seeing as I don't serve Calgary, this is hardly an ad. Seeing as my company name isn't in here, this is hardly an ad.

if i could remember your old user name i would go find it. as well i never said it was an ad... thats all you

Mtn Tow
02-27-2012, 04:09 PM

FraserB
02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I already tried. When we last drove him off he got all pissy and deleted it all.

ercchry
02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I already tried. When we last drove him off he got all pissy and deleted it all.

wow, yeah wtf... he had some time on his hands hey?

Graham_A_M
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Alright I think its time we close this thread... :nut:

Scary that Im 4th on that list for top posters this week...

90accord
02-27-2012, 04:49 PM
My deciding factor is whether or not they have insurance, and the driver cares and deals with damages... that being said i would never use A1 as he has no damage insurance, i always use calgary roadside as they have always been fair to me even with the old name they ran as. Plus they have lots of good drivers including one who specializes in high end cars.

Mtn Tow
02-27-2012, 05:04 PM

ExtraSlow
02-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Thats a good point and is dually noted. Around here the bottom line is price.
While we're being jerks, I'd like to point out that it should be DULY NOTED.

You may carry on with:
- Asking people what they think
- Telling them you don't care what they think

JRSC00LUDE
02-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
While we're being jerks, I'd like to point out that it should be DULY NOTED.

I let that one go. I have a strict enforcement limit until I start getting overtime.

Everybody gets one.

hdr6SG_t1TU

Mtn Tow
02-27-2012, 06:13 PM
- Telling them you don't care what they think

Aw jeez, you got me on one typo.

As long as people stay on topic, I certainly DO care about insight.

If the topic is ME, then please; start a thread and keep it in that thread. Hey, if my personal life problems from a couple years ago are of such interest; I definitely deserve my own thread! (And maybe those interested - a life.)

If the fact that I can telecommute between commutes is a problem... :dunno: Welcome to 2012.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to follow me so closely when its -35 on the side of a highway and im under a car.

I pity anyone trying to read this thread for insight... might as well nuke it at this point.

[i]Originally posted by dirtsniffer [i]

[i]Originally posted by heavyfuel [i]

[i]Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC [i]

[i]Originally posted by ercchry [i]

[i]Originally posted by sillysod [i]

[i]Originally posted by CompletelyNumb [i]

[i]Originally posted by FraserB [i]

[i]Originally posted by Tik-Tok [i]

[i]Originally posted by Kavy [i]

[i]Originally posted by Sugarphreak [i]

[i]Originally posted by Graham_A_M [i]

:hijack: Thanks for your contribution!

Now my writings are some kind of public property that can be used in search engines to promote a site that wouldn't let me sell a car when I had emergency bills to pay? :rofl: :burnout:

Oh boy... The people have spoken. No worries. Adios.

D'z Nutz
03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
isnt this the guy who dragged his dog behind his truck and didnt even know it?

Haha I never heard about this! What was the story? :rofl: