PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Subaru's Bad Service

403civic
02-24-2012, 11:51 PM
I read the thread about Chester's WRX having rust on it
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/332575/new-wrx-from-calgary-subaru-rusting/

Came Across this Thread on RevScene today.
Thought it was interesting and its getting a lot of attention.

Hey guys, very new here & already I'm complaining (harhar)

About 2 weeks back, I bought a brand new 2012 STI OBP STP through Richmond Subaru. Once it was purchased, they had it "detailed" and washed in order for it to be in delivering condition. The car ended up having faded clearcoat & swirl marks on the entire car.
2 hours of my time after purchasing was wasted

I was told to bring it in the following weekend for it to be "fixed" (notice quotations). Turns out, I was not booked for the day, I had to be rescheduled for next weekend. I had dropped the car off at 1:30PM, stayed at the dealership until nearly 4PM discussing the course of action and watching my car get washed. I'm going to be getting a killer deal on a pro pack for the shoddy delivery of my car, Cool.
Wasted another 2.5 hours that weekend

Fast forward to this weekend, I bring my car in at 10AM seeing as how its a complete pro pack, It would take until 4-5PM according to the manager. I picked up the car at 6:30PM, without anyone calling or informing me it was ready, I had to rush there before closing in order to pick up my car today.

Guess what?

The entire car was covered in even MORE swirl marks and the under body coating was hastily sprayed on, good thing the fading clear coat was gone though.

Keep in mind I PAID for the service to fix an issue that was there to begin with, I paid because I thought I would get a damn good detailing job as well as an under body coating for a good price.

The sales was great at Richmond Subaru, hassle free and quick, the aftermath shit storm was not, they have not rectified my problem and are delaying it further into the month now. I am supposed to bring in my car this coming Monday for it to be "fixed" again, but I'm fairly certain at this rate, they may as well just respray my entire damn car, this is one of the worse services I've dealt with, a continuous problem that is still not fixed.

I'll keep you gentlemen updated on Monday to see what is going to be done.

UPDATE

This is the state of the car right now

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/419770_10150688528060449_505180448_11500597_1083724807_n.jpg
leftover wax & shoddy polishing job

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/419187_10150688527650449_505180448_11500596_1703045714_n.jpg
leftover wax & insane amount of scratches

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/422101_10150688527320449_505180448_11500594_2060577397_n.jpg
deep scratches on the A pillar

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/426109_10150688526955449_505180448_11500593_1800355872_n.jpg
faded clearcoat...still faded

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/394019_10150688526610449_505180448_11500592_894567596_n.jpg
swirls

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/399817_10150688525410449_505180448_11500587_207029897_n.jpg
didnt polish underneath the damn door handle

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/419833_10150688526020449_505180448_11500591_55940323_n.jpg
self explanatory

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/418726_10150688524990449_505180448_11500585_1329843268_n.jpg
:rukidding:

Now, this is a paid pro pack, not a bitch and moan give it to me for free pack, I paid $300 for paint protection & underbody coating, all I see is shit stains everywhere.

For people asking why I asked the dealer to detail my car and not a pro detailer. I got the car in extremely bad condition already, I needed an underbody coating anyways, may as well add in the paint protection.

This is probably the worse Subaru dealership I've dealt with, Specialty, Don Docksteader & Wolfe were all extremely competent when it came to delivering a car in pristine condition, as well as following up on your purchase. Richmond Subaru stopped dealing with me right after I took delivery, I had to be the one to call in to bitch and moan about the shitty quality.

UPDATE

Alright guys, small update

The car was "inspected" before handing the keys to me, it was actually raining when I received, therefore I did not spot all the imperfections, I only did so once i parked in an underground parking for it to dry off did I see ALL the problems with it.

Kam, the general sales manager was unhelpful to the point where he was starting to make ME feel uncomfortable by complaining:

1. I was EXTREMELY civilized, I did not yell, I did not cuss, I did not even raise my voice, he made me feel as though I was a problem to the dealership.

2. He did not answer any of my questions,
why was the car in such bad condition?
why was I not contacted in regards to a solution?
why did I have to contact you guys in order to set something up?
why is my car in every weekend?
why are your detailers so incompetent as to leave wax, polish & clay on my car?
why did you not know about any of this for the last 3 weeks?

The only answers I got were "i dont know, i don't know, stop complaining, i'll get it fixed, I don't know, you can complain till your face turns blue, but I can't do anything, i don't know"

The kicker is, once I asked the last question, "I feel offended that it boggles your mind as to why I do not know any of this, it can boggle your mind but I can't help today, you are offending ME"

3. He gave no guarantee as to if my car will actually be in immaculate condition tomorrow, only saying he will get it done. It gave me little to no confidence towards the detailer himself.

4. He offered no compensation until I demanded it, I had to fucking push it, it was obvious his compensation to me was a free oil change, as his face was shocked when i said, "an oil change is NOT a compensation kevin, I want an actual compensation for my wasted time, money, and effort."

He was literally doing this face once he realized I was not taking an oil change .

5. When I asked for a refund and said I will choose my own detailer and get out of your dealership, he said "I will not give you a refund, you are not getting your money back."

I am less then pleased, I am pissed off at the service being offered to me. I know I am getting a key chain or a magazine for my "compensation", it was obvious they gave little to no shits, I was treated as a parasite, rather then a customer who was screwed.

Even if my car is truly fixed, I will be writing a lengthy letter towards Subaru Canada regarding this issue, I was screwed for this month's entire weekends, I was running circles and getting no where, I had to raise my voice in order to get somewhere, even then, I'm getting no where.

I advice EVERYONE to stay away from Olympic Motors and their affiliates (Richmond Subaru, Vancouver Kia, Richmond Suzuki, etc.) I've been fucked so hard, lube won't help me here.

UPDATE

Since I am up from having a high fever, and stressing out over the car still. Let me inform everyone with the full story that unraveled today/yesterday, in case anyone thinks I am trying to swing the story to my side of favour.

I had gone to the dealership at around 12:30 to pick up my car, I met up with Kam and Mark (sales manager) who went out and showed me the car in the rain. Stating they had already checked the car over when it was dry and it was in PERFECT condition, cool, I trust them, I'll take it then, finally.

As we sat down, exchanged thanks/jokes, the usual after a long struggle, talked about compensation, cut the cheque, by gones be by gones. I was legitimately happy at this point seeing as how my car did[ look pristine...in the rain.

I drove to aberdeen, was going to grab some lunch, got out of the car, and did an inspection under the light.

The car looked absolutely deplorable, the swirls were ever more present, even more so since day 1 of the car, there was now a buffing scratch on my right bumper, a scratch that i could actually feel, the vertical scratches were still there, now there are horizontal scratches across the hood.

I called Kam, clearly disappointed, "KAM, the car, is STILL not complete, the car looks DISGUSTING, it looks WORSE then day 1"

His reply was as usual, I don't know, I don't know, I'll get back to you, I have a meeting to go to blahblahblah. The usual bullshit I've been fed for the past month.

He calls back "Hey, the car actually has transit coating, the stuff where the swirls are permanent and vertical scratches that don't come out, it occurs during transit, at this point, I've talked to Rob (i think) from Subaru Canada, he says theres nothing we can do, sorry man"

Sounded fishy, ok, I hang up, called up my detailer buddy to get a second opinion, he told me to bring it to an actual detailing shop.

Once I picked out one recommended by a local RS user, the gentlemen there actually said this wasn't the first time this month that a car from richmond subaru went to them, he fully stated their detailer is incompetent, their Vancouver Kia detailers are incompetent, the detailer at Richmond Subaru is full on incompetent. Thats what I finally wanted to hear, no bullshit, just truth.

He got his detailer to polish one side of the Hood, it looked absolutely phenomenon. It looked like that one part of the hood came straight out of the factory unmolested. Clearly, the swirls, scratches and scuffing were NOT from transit, but rather a very very very bad detailing job from their inside auto group.

I went back to Richmond Subaru with a vengeance, I wanted this fully paid out, I wanted my car to look like that one part of the hood, I don't care, I'm done being patient after being fed this inane amount of boiling bullshit.

I walked right in, I found Warren on the phone, as I approached him when he finished.

"Warren? I'm Brian (my name)"

"who are you..."

"The guy with the black STI coming back every weekend"

"Oh, you, I thought I would get to never see you again after cutting that cheque for the detailer"

"Well you cut a cheque to screw up my car more, now why dont you come out and look at the car"

Now, this showed me just how little he knew what was going on. He ran upstairs, bitched at some people, came down with a jacket to go out.

As we went out, I started getting mad because, well I've been there every weekend and almost one weekday a week.

"The paints all fucked up-"

Get interrupted by mark to tell me not to swear, "hey man, don't swear in front of the guy"

"oh ok, sure, sorry, any ways the paints screwed up, your detailer clearly did not do a good job, the right side of the hood was done by MY detailer, it looks PRISTINE, he did that in 5 minutes, I gave you an entire day to fix it, and yet you've screwed it up more"

At this point they inspect the car, its a gloomy rainy day, you can't see anything, I offer to drive the car under the light to show you the shitty condition of the paint.

Warren simply states "No need, what I'll do is, I'm going to give you my business card, you tell your guy whoever he is, to give me a quote on what it needs to be done to fix this car, if its $500 or $600, I'm not paying for it"

"Why not?"

"Because that repainting money, and I'm not paying for it"

At this point before I could say anything, one of the sales/tech/whoever comes out and says

"Listen here, in my 20 years of working, you will ALWAYS see swirls underneath the light, so don't come in here expecting free service because you're not statisfied with the job"

At this point, I snapped

"IF I PUT A FUCKING LIGHT UNDERNEATH ONE OF THESE BRAND NEW FUCKING CARS, YOU WON'T SEE AS MANY FUCKING SWIRL MARKS ON THAT ONE AS TO MY FUCKING CAR, DON'T GIVE ME THIS TRANSIT COATING BULLSHIT, IN YOUR 20 YEARS TIME, YOU'RE EXPECTING ME TO BELIEVE MY PAINT WILL ALWAYS BE FADED, THATS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT, THE ONLY PERSON TRYING TO HELP ME NOW IS YOUR GOD DAMN GM"

Warren basically says

"I'm not helpin you yet, If you keep yellin like that, I aint giving you anything, you can take my business card and thats that, good bye, don't expect anything, so you give that to your detailer guy whatever, and give me a quote, don't expect me to pay $500 or $600, it better be $200 to $300"

I calmed down because I'm sick, I have a sore throat, yelling does get me nowhere, so I say

"Ok sure, fine, I'll give him the quote, and you pay for it, I don't care if its $500"

He basically ignores me, walks back inside with Mark and that guy whoever he is. I was absolutely offended by the way I was being treated, I'm not sure how I offended Kam but I was being fed bullshit, and not receiving any type of actual help. I've contacted all CBC, Subaru Canada, informed all acquintances/friends/family to stay away and I will get this car fixed.

I want to thank you all for trying to help me, I want to thank shantz for recommending me to this fantastic detailer. I want to thank RabidRat for initiating the spreading of the message.

I will say it again, stay away from any affiliates of Olympic Motors, in the end, you'll be stuck in my situation and possibly having to deal with hardass' named Warren and Kam.

At least I'm giving you reading material eh?

UPDATE

At this point, I dont have the proper camera to show you the swirls & scratches, but the major ones are easy to take.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/422201_10150696388515449_1262127040_n.jpg
left side

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/409440_10150696388815449_505180448_11525224_75989684_n.jpg
right side, big difference eh

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/421279_10150696388965449_505180448_11525225_11356385_n.jpg
buffing scuff.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/403284_10150696389180449_505180448_11525226_340173530_n.jpg
flash swirls

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/425098_10150696389550449_505180448_11525228_186817383_n.jpg
flash swirls

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/425585_10150696388610449_505180448_11525222_427807361_n.jpg
vertical scratches

Like I said, I do not have the proper camera, this looks worse in person as your eyes can see all of it.

Original Thread:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/663309-richmond-subarus-service.html

Jetta-2.0
02-25-2012, 12:31 AM
what a dumb ass, he gets a car messed up paint then he cuts them a bill to mess up his paint even more and worse of all he checks the car under the rain. lol this guy was being played around and spent his own money fixing their problem :rofl:

dirtsniffer
02-25-2012, 12:38 AM
ya, after they did they work I definitely would have wanted to see it in the shop.

jdmXSI
02-25-2012, 01:12 AM
I feel bad for the guy just because the same owner runs Subaru Calgary and Auto Gallery in Regina and ALL of his shops are shady.

CanmoreOrLess
02-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I feel bad for the guy just because the same owner runs Subaru Calgary and Auto Gallery in Regina and ALL of his shops are shady.

You had me at Auto Gallery, I know of two former employees, the stuff they were forced to do in the interests of the dealership ought to get them and the entire ownership a term in the local jail.

heavyD
02-25-2012, 01:50 PM
His first mistake is to let the dealership detail a new car. It's pretty rare that a dealer will pay to have a qualified detailer as it's usually just kids that have no idea what they are doing and usually swirl up the new paint by not cleaning/prepping properly, using contaminated pads, poor technique, etc. With my Mustang told them specifically not to detail the car and leave the plastic on it. When I receive the car I remove any rail dust and contaminants and then apply a couple of coats of sealant to protect the paint but I do not apply any polish as the more hands off you are with new paint the better the chance of keeping it swirl fee. I managed to keep my Phantom Black EVO X virtually swirl free and the paint on those cars is nearly as bad as Subaru's and the key is nobody ever touched it but me.

His second mistake was purchasing a Subaru if he was anal about paint. If you like your car to have good quality paint then don't purchase from an automaker that is notorious for the worst paint in the industry.

BTW: Are there any good Subaru dealerships in Canada? All I hear is horror story after horror story about the Calgary ones.

extracrunchie
02-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Ya, I went to the Auto Gallery subaru in Regina and we received the poorest service ever!!!!

They are making a bad rep for Subaru

Graham_A_M
02-26-2012, 12:05 PM
^

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

You had me at Auto Gallery, I know of two former employees, the stuff they were forced to do in the interests of the dealership ought to get them and the entire ownership a term in the local jail.

It may be a wise idea to write everything out and submit that to Suburu Canada, or the Sask. equivalent of AMVIC. May as well make their dealings well known to those that can do something.

Just not dealing with a dealership that is this bad isn't enough.

Mtn Tow
02-26-2012, 12:09 PM

max_boost
02-26-2012, 12:12 PM
That is nuts. Wasted so much time. It's also unreal how some people can operate a business so poorly. That boggles my mind.

HiTempguy1
02-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I have never been able to comprehend this, why would you keep dealing with somebody that has screwed you in the beginning? Like they are going to cooperate afterwards?

Yes, take this information to Subaru Canada!

TE4MFaint
02-26-2012, 12:41 PM
this is the definition of insanity.
doing the same thing over and over & expecting different results.
after the first detail I would have taken it to a different detailer to fix the problem and be on my way.

bignerd
02-26-2012, 01:29 PM
I have also learned the hard way, when having body work done never pick your car up in the rain/snow/evening. Make sure it is dry and well lit!

BokCh0y
02-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah i saw this on revscene too, and have been following the beyond subaru posts. crazy shit....i feel for the guy, shitty deal.

I don't know why this guy keeps going back to the dealership. The clowns there are as shady as that south deerfoot suzuki joint here in calgary.