PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ron@Revolution

Pages : [1] 2

epp01
02-25-2012, 10:44 AM
I think everybody doesn't care about somebody who screwes an innocent kid out of a "brand new" motor then does absolutely nothing to re-emburse him of anything at all. A "new motor" that you sold him with massive bearing damage in 500kms and you say "there are too many factors of what he could have done, he could have screwed the motor up" :banghead: Then way to be a man and own up to it and never answer his calls, one after another. But text him 20 seconds after he calls. Not even man enough to talk to him on the phone. :facepalm:

Hey, just saying... way to stand behind what you build personally and what you sell.
:thumbsdow

Link:

http://boostedalberta.com/BoostedAlbertaForums/showthread.php?t=1044&page=50

blackpeople
02-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Yea you figure he would at least try to find out what went wrong and help the kid get back in the game but he is just as sleazy as everyone always told me he was. I am just fortunate I wasn't one of the many people to get screw by him.

Ron@Revolution
02-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by epp01
I think everybody doesn't care about somebody who screwes an innocent kid out of a "brand new" motor then does absolutely nothing to re-emburse him of anything at all. A "new motor" that you sold him with massive bearing damage in 500kms and you say "there are too many factors of what he could have done, he could have screwed the motor up" :banghead: Then way to be a man and own up to it and never answer his calls, one after another. But text him 20 seconds after he calls. Not even man enough to talk to him on the phone. :facepalm:

Hey, just saying... way to stand behind what you build personally and what you sell.
:thumbsdow

Link:

http://boostedalberta.com/BoostedAlbertaForums/showthread.php?t=1044&page=50

Amazing he closed that thread and apologiesed to me for everyone jumping the gun and has been in contact with me daily since then. But once again a whole bunch of people that don't know what there talking about running there mouths. Funny who would have thought! Also I have never had any failures from any of my parts I have sold before but as soon as there is it is blamed on me without know the facts class act guys class act.

Ron@Revolution
02-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by blackpeople
Yea you figure he would at least try to find out what went wrong and help the kid get back in the game but he is just as sleazy as everyone always told me he was. I am just fortunate I wasn't one of the many people to get screw by him.

Kino why dont you shut your mouth since you don't know what your talking about and instead of trolling my build thread move along. I actually got screwed over by you after you commited to buy my turbo and me giving you the specs and leaving me hanging for months and turn around and buy it somewhere else and not even notify me :drama: Now if you want start another thread of quit littering up my build thread thanks!

blackpeople
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Ron why don't you stop screwing people over on things they pay you to do. This wouldn't be the first or second time people have had to come back to you for poor workmanship ;)

Ron@Revolution
02-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Ron why don't you stop screwing people over on things they pay you to do. This wouldn't be the first or second time people have had to come back to you for poor workmanship ;)

Again going off without facts seems to be your new MO this year. Chris has been in contact with me and closed the thread and applogiesed for you guys jumping the gun maybe you should respect his wishes until this gets worked out. Just cause your off my FB please don't be butt hurt about it and move along. :closed:

blackpeople
02-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Go back and read te message smart ass. "I. THINK I MIGHT buy the comp" I never committed to anything with you. And If I remember clearly you were trying to sell me a used turbo for the price they cost new.

epp01
02-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ron@Revolution

Amazing he closed that thread and apologiesed to me for everyone jumping the gun and has been in contact with me daily since then. But once again a whole bunch of people that don't know what there talking about running there mouths. Funny who would have thought! Also I have never had any failures from any of my parts I have sold before but as soon as there is it is blamed on me without know the facts class act guys class act.

Let me get this out there, he closed the thread because so many people were bashing you. For a reason. He wanted to close the thread until he talked to you first. I talked to Chris yesterday and you STILL hadn't talked with him on the phone. Let me get this straight. THE ONLY reason he appologized is because he still expects you to cough up the money you charged him, or at the very least half. You said this was caused by lack of oil? The rod bearing the most susceptible to wear with lack of oil pressure were perfect. If you REALLY had nothing to hide Ron, like actually had nothing to hide. MAN UP and CALL him! It's like you're too scared to talk to him on the phone. Also you should pay him the full amount of money for the exhaust he sold you for next to nothing because you were going to fab him up an exhaust, then when the time came you were no where to be found.

People will stop "running their mouths" as soon as you re-pay the people who you have screwed over.

Ron@Revolution
02-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Go back and read te message smart ass. "I. THINK I MIGHT buy the comp" I never committed to anything with you. And If I remember clearly you were trying to sell me a used turbo for the price they cost new.

Sure you did your unbelieveable anyway carry on I would say make your own build thread but we all no you couldn't get your car working and just sold it right!

Ron@Revolution
02-25-2012, 02:07 PM

Let me get this out there, he closed the thread because so many people were bashing you. For a reason. He wanted to close the thread until he talked to you first. I talked to Chris yesterday and you STILL hadn't talked with him on the phone. Let me get this straight. THE ONLY reason he appologized is because he still expects you to cough up the money you charged him, or at the very least half. You said this was caused by lack of oil? The rod bearing the most susceptible to wear with lack of oil pressure were perfect. If you REALLY had nothing to hide Ron, like actually had nothing to hide. MAN UP and CALL him! It's like you're too scared to talk to him on the phone. Also you should pay him the full amount of money for the exhaust he sold you for next to nothing because you were going to fab him up an exhaust, then when the time came you were no where to be found.

People will stop "running their mouths" as soon as you re-pay the people who you have screwed over.

I told him its wasn't cause by lack of oil to the bearing surface after I saw the pics but thanks again for proving you know little or nothing of whats going on.

blackpeople
02-25-2012, 02:12 PM

Sure you did your unbelieveable anyway carry on I would say make your own build thread but we all no you couldn't get your car working and just sold it right!
Read the texts Champ lol or would you like a screen shot to jog your memory.

Ohh Ron you are funny. You think insulting the fact i sold my talon hurts my feelings? I was smart and didnt want to end up like some chumps and have a 150K talon thats always apart because shit is broken. If you can only put 500kms on a car every 5 years it just doesnt make sense to keep having build threads does it lol

epp01
02-25-2012, 02:13 PM

I told him its wasn't cause by lack of oil to the bearing surface after I saw the pics but thanks again for proving you know little or nothing of whats going on.

Last thing I'm going to say here:

So this "new" motor (as you had it checked out by your machine shop and new bearings put in) some how, in 500kms. Ran low enough on oil to not have any splash lubrication on the crank, but enough to still feed the oil pump. Yet at the same time have a great cross hatch on the cylinder walls, and no damage there? But Chris never ran the motor low on oil? :bullshit:

I've seen what a motor that's ran on low oil looks like. All of the bearings look black from the heat, they normally will seize or spin a bearing, these bearings were not black and not seized, they were worn, distroyed. Why did you want to sell this motor in the first place? Or the 3 before this one? Or the one you sold after this one? If I personally had a motor that reliably made 1000hp at the crank, why in gods name would I want to sell it to build something else?

Ron@Revolution
02-25-2012, 02:13 PM
I said my peice I won't even reply to you guys anymore!

Unknown303
02-25-2012, 02:28 PM
What's with everyone white knighting like champs in this thread. It's a build thread for fuck sakes if you have a problem with him start a thread elsewhere.

I personally haven't commented because I really just come in to look at the progress, sure I could have said something along the way but in the end we just want to see how your works going.

kvg
02-25-2012, 02:37 PM
^Agreed

epp01
02-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the Mods to making this a separate thread. On the flip side I'd love to see what the rest of Beyond thinks of this situation.

Isaiah
02-27-2012, 01:02 AM
I'd love to see what the rest of Beyond thinks of this situation.
I think this thread is a grammatical nightmare.

Rat Fink
02-27-2012, 01:02 AM

m10-power
02-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Not enough info

Was the engine fresh with no oil or had it been 'run'

If it was fresh then likely the oil pump wasn't primed correctly and run with no pressure for a period of time. This is a common new engine issue with inexperienced installer.

Could have been built incorrectly but not as likely as above guess.

Either way stop crying about it and fix the bottom end, turn crank and install new bearings.

:drama:

Sugarphreak
02-27-2012, 08:38 AM

max_boost
02-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah

I think this thread is a grammatical nightmare. :rofl: :thumbsup:

KRyn
02-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Can we get some Cole's Notes on what the fuck is going on in this thread and the previous one?

All I understand (the OPs post made no sense at all) is...
- Ron sold a new engine to some guy
- Said engine was installed and failed within 500 KMs
- Engine failure has been blamed on Ron (because engine was apparently not built properly?)
- Ron disputes this claim
- Blackpeople hates Ron and says he has yet to contact buddy who purchased exploding engine?
- Nothing has been solved or agreed upon?

Yes / No ?

G-ZUS
02-27-2012, 10:35 AM
:dunno: :confused:

epp01
02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Coles notes:

-Chris buys a "new" motor from Ron.
-Ron says to his face, this motor had brand new bearings, and have been fully checked over by his machine shop.
-Chris fires up motor and drives it for 500kms starts to hear a weird noise when the clutch is pushed in,
-Pulls transmission to see if pilot / release bearing is worn both look great. Does a crankshaft end play check. It's .10 out of spec.
-Pulls the oil pan, tons and tons of bearing material in the pan
-Pulls off the main and rod caps, all the bearings on the rods look perfect, 2 main bearing caps look perfect.
-The trust bearing and main cap # 2 are very badly worn,
-Motor needs to be completely disassembled, new crank, bearings, and machining need to be done.
- Ron is too scared to call Chris and won't answer his phone
- Ron's only answer is "it ran low of oil" again rod bearings look perfect.
- Ron give's excuse after excuse why it's "not his fault"
-
Motor in my mind failed because of

A. Wasn't built or machined properly causes pre-mature wear on the bearings.

B. Motor previously had made 800hp at the crank and was over revved (it's a 2.3L stroker) and Ron lied when he said the machine shop threw new bearings in the block and had it checked over.

- Ron STILL refuses to talk to Chris on the phone,
-Chris is looking to get some of this money back for a dud motor, he wants Ron to pay for half of the repairs, or half of what he paid for the motor.
Ron speak up if none of this is correct.

m10-power
02-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Sounds like it was built wrong, although after reading the thread and seeing what happened to the cam timing I'd still call it a draw.

Fix it an move on, why the new crank? Any pictures of the carnage?

epp01
02-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by m10-power
Sounds like it was built wrong, although after reading the thread and seeing what happened to the cam timing I'd still call it a draw.

Fix it an move on, why the new crank? Any pictures of the carnage?

Cam timing skipped 1 tooth, there was zero valve to piston contact and the leak down test was still 10% leakdown (very very good.)

kvg
02-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Where is this person with a problem and why is he not posting? Until he gets involved this is more of a I know a gut who told me........ Thread, IMO.

Tik-Tok
02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by kvg
Where is this person with a problem and why is he not posting? Until he gets involved this is more of a I know a gut who told me........ Thread, IMO.

I was just going to say as well, this is between the other forum OP and Ron@rev., if streaknby wants to join here and badmouth Ron, cool, he's the one who may be getting swindled, by why the fuck are epp01 and blackpeople dragging this over here?

zipdoa
02-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I was just going to say as well, this is between the other forum OP and Ron@rev., if streaknby wants to join here and badmouth Ron, cool, he's the one who may be getting swindled, by why the fuck are epp01 and blackpeople dragging this over here?

peeps been sipping too much:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3546/3297876358_9ccbca65b3.jpg

Mibz
02-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Probably because Ron advertises his goods and services on here as well and they want to warn potential buyers.

Or because car guys are all sensitive queens and drama gets them hot.

Either or.

G-ZUS
02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa

peeps been sipping too much:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3546/3297876358_9ccbca65b3.jpg

Why does the bottle say Gatorate but the sticker says Haterade?

Tik-Tok
02-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Probably because Ron advertises his goods and services on here as well and they want to warn potential buyers.

Or because car guys are all sensitive queens and drama gets them hot.

Either or.

Fair enough reasoning, but I get the sense both of them have some kind of disgruntled history with Ron, so I'll assume it's the latter.

Ron@Revolution
02-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Coles notes:

-Chris buys a "new" motor from Ron.
-Ron says to his face, this motor had brand new bearings, and have been fully checked over by his machine shop.
-Chris fires up motor and drives it for 500kms starts to hear a weird noise when the clutch is pushed in,
-Pulls transmission to see if pilot / release bearing is worn both look great. Does a crankshaft end play check. It's .10 out of spec.
-Pulls the oil pan, tons and tons of bearing material in the pan
-Pulls off the main and rod caps, all the bearings on the rods look perfect, 2 main bearing caps look perfect.
-The trust bearing and main cap # 2 are very badly worn,
-Motor needs to be completely disassembled, new crank, bearings, and machining need to be done.
- Ron is too scared to call Chris and won't answer his phone
- Ron's only answer is "it ran low of oil" again rod bearings look perfect.
- Ron give's excuse after excuse why it's "not his fault"
-
Motor in my mind failed because of

A. Wasn't built or machined properly causes pre-mature wear on the bearings.

Motors bearings were fine when sold and I have never had a bearing failure in any of my engines, This wasn't a new motor it was a used race engine, if it was built with bad clearances it woudl have failed when I pushed it that hard in my car

B. Motor previously had made 800hp at the crank and was over revved (it's a 2.3L stroker) and Ron lied when he said the machine shop threw new bearings in the block and had it checked over.

Guys like Kevin Kiggly rev 2.3's to 9500Rpm I don't even rev to 8000Rpm, 8000-8500Rpm is considered safe engien speed. Again please provide your proff the eninge was over rev'd? Please provide proff there wasn't new bearings in the motor when it was sold? Again no proff just opinions. He ran the car pushing the thrust bearing through the motor period

- Ron STILL refuses to talk to Chris on the phone,
-Chris is looking to get some of this money back for a dud motor, he wants Ron to pay for half of the repairs, or half of what he paid for the motor.
Ron speak up if none of this is correct. [/B]
I have talked to Chris Via Text cause of my work situation and he was fine with that. I'm done arguing with people that have nothing to do with the motor. The motor sat for years, wasn't taking apart and lubricated before starting, was stored in a sealed bag which is very conductive to moisture etc, but the bearings main problem was a thrust issue which can be caused by again lack of lubrication on start up, cracking over and over with the clutch pushed in etc. Or some kind of misallingment in the clutch/trans. Read the build thread he had no start issues, any of these situations could have easliy happened but unlike these guys I don't jump the gun and point fingers. According to these guys I build and sell 10 motors a year but no others have had a failure???? THE END

epp01
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Honestly, this is a heads up for anybody who goes to buy a Revolution part. I have been screwed over in the past like this (not by Ron personally) just giving people a heads up and seeing what everybody else thinks. There is nothing more to say unless Chris himself decides to post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/KingofSpades/NewImage.jpg

Mibz
02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
That's the scariest fucking finger I've ever seen.

colinxx235
02-27-2012, 11:30 AM
That's the scariest fucking finger I've ever seen. .

http://www.digitalbusstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ET.bmp

heavyfuel
02-27-2012, 11:34 AM

Fuck I had nothing to input on this thread until I saw that pic lmao couldn't have said it better!

epp01
02-27-2012, 11:36 AM
:rofl:

Disoblige
02-27-2012, 11:38 AM
I agree with Ron,

epp01, please provide some proff.

GQBalla
02-27-2012, 11:40 AM
just browsing through this thread, nothing to say until i saw it....

KILL IT!

luxor
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Honestly, this is a heads up for anybody who goes to buy a Revolution part. I have been screwed over in the past like this (not by Ron personally) just giving people a heads up and seeing what everybody else thinks. There is nothing more to say unless Chris himself decides to post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/KingofSpades/NewImage.jpg

That bearing wasn't designed to be used in outer space E.T. no wonder it fucked up.

Xtrema
02-27-2012, 11:47 AM

:rofl:

JfuckinC
02-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel

Fuck I had nothing to input on this thread until I saw that pic lmao couldn't have said it better!

haha same

wtf :confused:

sr20s14zenki
02-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I agree with Ron,

show me the PROOVE

CapnCrunch
02-27-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm going to side with whoever is first to provide a minimum 50 word post without any spelling or grammar errors.

hurrdurr
02-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
I'm going to side with whoever is first to provide a minimum 50 word post without any spelling or grammar errors.

We might be here awhile...

kvg
02-27-2012, 12:56 PM
I thought it was just me, but ya that's a weird lookin finger:confused:

CapnCrunch
02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by kvg
I thought it was just me, but ya that's a weird lookin finger:confused:

I'm glad my doctor doesn't have fingers like that!!

:(

FraserB
02-27-2012, 01:21 PM
The last page is quite possibly the best Beyond has seen in a while.

PS: No errors:bigpimp:

..*JDM Hatch*..
02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
That finger is pretty intense, person pictured must be a basement gynecologist,LOL.

Graham_A_M
02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
^ either that or a very popular proctologist among the straight male community :dunno:

G-ZUS
02-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ either that or a very popular proctologist among the straight male community :dunno:

Do you know from personal experience?

civic_stylez
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM
http://santaraptorpirate.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/oxqtc-1.jpg

SJW
02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
OMG i wish I could photoshop. ET's finger would be over top of that in a heartbeat.

sr20s14zenki
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Im sorry to further derail the thread..but...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/5/26/129193760183087854.jpg

BerserkerCatSplat
02-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/CatSplat/4faca55e.jpg

"I'm Nikolas Van Helsing, professor of proctology and other related tendencies. A graduate of the University of Rangoon, and assorted night classes at the Knoxville Tennessee school of faith healing. "

streethondas
02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/17/129029721588818634.jpg

HO2S
02-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Talk about unprofessionalism from both sides.
Most shops, wont even talk warranty unless is was professionally installed. If he is not picking up the phone, go to the shop and talk to him in person. If that does not get you anywere call amvic. Tell them your story, they will most likely ask for your journeymans licenses number. If amvic wont help pay the $100 fee and take him to small claims court. If you are not licensed you have a huge up hill battle. This is a peformance engine, I dont know of any shop or machine shop that warrantys peformance parts. It sucks on how much money was spent but this is how peformance works. You will blow up engines.
Bashing a bussiness or a person on the internet never yeilds good results from either side.

Graham_A_M
02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Do you know from personal experience?

God lets hope not. :rofl:

Quiet10
02-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Thread derailed by an alien finger.

:rofl: :rofl:

xnvy
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
:rofl: :rofl: These last two pages have been awesome!

darthVWader
02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/bigbowtrout/fingers.gif

Mtn Tow
02-27-2012, 06:18 PM

Hamann
02-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh man I almost stopped reading the non stop bitchfest, and then out of no-where the thread got awesome :rofl:

Graham_A_M
02-27-2012, 06:20 PM
You probably should have tried phoning home before you tried to call Ron, that may have done the trick.
:thumbsup:

Problem = Solved.

Toma
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm new to Talons, but soon as I bought mine, I got into contact with some 4g63 builders in the US, and got some info on oiling.

A talon should always use heavy oil, 20w50
A talon at 400whp will uncover the oil pick-up under acceleration, thereby sucking air. The pick up mod is a must.
The head oiling reduces oil flow to the bottom end, so the Kiggly pressure regulator is a "must"

Now, having said that, if this was in fact an oil pressure/delivery issue, from talking to Kiggly and Forced Performance, the motor should also have ate the rod bearing next to the thrust. Also, according to Forced Performance, this would usually also eat the thrust bearing in the turbo itself, so check that.

Anyway, good luck with the repairs!

PS, I always add a can of GM EOS at all my oil changes.

Rat Fink
02-27-2012, 07:03 PM

CMW403
02-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Ron@revolution wants PROFF, bitches.

Maxt
02-27-2012, 07:46 PM
The Dirk Diggler of Hand porn....

If its just the thrust bearing that is damaged, I would be looking at the clutch for lack of free play.

streethondas
02-27-2012, 07:48 PM
lol i think his finger committed suicide
http://danuka.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/funny_finger_5.jpg

JRSC00LUDE
02-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I think Maxt typically knows what he is talking about OP, it's likely worth putting personal feelings aside and actually considering that Ron MIGHT be right? You could be fingering the wrong person.

blackpeople
02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Wouldn't it be easier for Ron to prove that he put new bearings in the motor. Most people that sell engines would want to provide some kind of proof of what they are selling.

I think if the bearings died from starvation then all other bearings in the bottom end would show it. But they don't.

Ron is saying the bearing could have worn out from too much cranking with the clutch depressed. That's a possibility but at the same time the car had aem ems in it and most people don't depress the clutch on start ups because they don't have too any more.

When that engine was being ran in the last car Ron had a much more aggressive clutch than Chris has, Also Ron had clutch issues the whole time he had been running that engine.

One thing that we havent thought about is if the crank is bent.

blackpeople
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

If its just the thrust bearing that is damaged, I would be looking at the clutch for lack of free play.

With those cars if the clutch was dragging and not adjusted properly you wouldn't be able to get into any gear at all.

Hallowed_point
02-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
l: Can you take another pic of the bearing, this time zoomed out with you wrapped up in a blanket and sitting in a front basket on a bicycle??

:rofl: :rofl:

Sentry
02-27-2012, 08:26 PM
He doesn't mean too much free play, he means too little/no free play.

If there is no free play and the clutch hydraulic system is always under pressure, the throwout bearing is always pressing on the PP fingers. The PP is attached to the flywheel, which is attached to the crank, which is loading the thrust washers/bearings.

Also, what's the big deal here? A DSM crankwalked. Move along. :D

Isaiah
02-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Not since Claw and Banerjee has a thread brought me this much joy.

slowboy
02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Originally posted by Disoblige
I agree with Ron,

show me the PROOVE

Originally posted by Isaiah

I think this thread is a grammatical nightmare.

01RedDX
02-27-2012, 08:46 PM

Sentry
02-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Jesus christ :rofl:

SJW
02-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Seems Ron@revolution has been fingered in a host of other crimes.

JRSC00LUDE
02-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Seems Ron@revolution has been fingered in a host of other crimes.

Seems you're taking a five-finger discount on my material.

dannie
02-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
http://i.imgur.com/JF4ys.jpg

LMFAO!!!!!! Best thread of the year so far!! :rofl:

kvg
02-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Just like Ron's build thread split off to this one we should split off a F@&$ed up finger thread:eek:

xnvy
02-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Seems Ron@revolution has been fingered in a host of other crimes. Exactly, now I'm not one to point fingers but in this case I think it's justified.

Toma
02-27-2012, 09:20 PM

I don't buy it. New bearings, proper clearance, new oil pump, it woulda run the whole 500km with the clutch fully pushed in, slight drag from a tight clutch shoulda done nothing in that period.

Automatic cars with high line pressures and undersized coolers wear out thrust "quick", but even that takes thousands of k.

Hell, I know chronic clutch riders that will go through 3 clutches in 15,000 km, and not take out the thrust.

Something else is/was wrong imo

DustanS
02-27-2012, 09:20 PM

SJW
02-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Hell, I know chronic clutch riders that will go through 3 clutches in 15,000 km, and not take out the thrust.

You're pulling my finger.

xnvy
02-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Toma

I don't buy it. New bearings, proper clearance, new oil pump, it woulda run the whole 500km with the clutch fully pushed in, slight drag from a tight clutch shoulda done nothing in that period.

Automatic cars with high line pressures and undersized coolers wear out thrust "quick", but even that takes thousands of k.

Something else is/was wrong imo I agree with you... I just can`t quite put my finger on what exactly.

Maxt
02-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Depends how loaded it is, I lost a thrust bearing in a 360 dodge in less than 200 kms due to a binding clutch linkage.. The only damaged part is the thrust bearing, its thrust related..

Shlade
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
its not thrust related its finger related. gawd

01RedDX
02-27-2012, 10:09 PM

xnvy
02-27-2012, 10:19 PM
If it`s finger related Jill should have some experience. :dunno:

Vtek y0
02-27-2012, 11:04 PM
The clearance was finger tight that's why!

xnvy
02-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Man I'm done poking around in other people's business.

streethondas
02-27-2012, 11:14 PM
^You should stop fingering around jimmy!

Skyline_Addict
02-27-2012, 11:45 PM
OMGLOL

Toma
02-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Depends how loaded it is, I lost a thrust bearing in a 360 dodge in less than 200 kms due to a binding clutch linkage.. The only damaged part is the thrust bearing, its thrust related..
I vote you had other issues. Worn out old dodge maybe.... lol

It can't be more loaded than having the clutch in.

Every newbie driver, kid with his first drift beater, 16 yo driving moms car etc comes to a set of lights and holds the clutch in with the trans in gear..... for 50,000k.

I dont get it. Extreme loads, and shock loads take out the thrust. Improper bearing clearance, or something that disrupts or prevents the oil cushion from forming. These things are meant to take heavy loads.

I guess anything is possible, just unlikely. And he did damage one other main bearing.

Sentry
02-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Not every 16 year old driving moms car has a stiff as fuck racing clutch installed... Just saying.

Maxt
02-28-2012, 05:38 AM
That failure is consistent with every thrust induced failure I have ever seen on everything from domestic v-8's, to rotaries(with high thrust needle bearings), to large refrigeration compressors which are built exactly the same way as a motor, and operate in closed loop, with perfectly clean crankcase oil, the thrust face was overloaded albeit the thrust loading happens for different reasons.. The thrust face is not designed for constant force loading, past normal clutch release Rpm's, even some high effort performance clutch's destroy thrust bearings, which is really most of the reason for using a specific engineered clutch on some engines.
I am not real familiar with the intricacies of the DSM, in terms of clutch service, but road race engineering is and they have a whole page written up about DSM free play problems, its a car with some quirks that have to be paid attention to.
I doubt this car had a "standard" pedal effort clutch in it either, nobody buys an engine that made 800 hp and sticks a stock clutch on it..
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/clutchandflywheeltech.htm

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/clutchpressure.htm

Ron pointed at lack of oil, but from what I see it doesn't look like consistent oil shortage failure either.. The damage would be throughout, with the damage diminishing in steps towards towards the oil pump, not centered in the middle of the motor.

There is a guy here in Calgary that all he does is DSM's and knows them inside and out, if the owner wants he can pm me and I will give him his contact info to look at the motor.. It would probably pay to have him assemble the motor if you are dropping big bucks on parts.

962 kid
02-28-2012, 08:28 AM
^^ Main bearing #2 was wiped out in addition to thrust bearing