PDA

View Full Version : Significant decrease in active users on Beyond?

Mtn Tow
02-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Maybe reading this thread helps explain why.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/349834/what-is-your-deciding-factor-when-calling-for-a-tow-truck/

Out of the replies, how many are relevant to the topic? Out of how many topics, how many turn out like that?

Sorry but between dealing with life, exploding tow trucks and more life, I just don't have the patience to put up with people that probably should have been muzzled a long time ago.

I thought Ask Leo was the appropriate place to sling fecal matter but apparently anything goes, anywhere.

Maybe in another two years I'll come back but I doubt it. In any case, those PHP errors I offered to help fix two years ago are still present. Guess the grammar squad hasn't quite figured out how to [ quote ] [ /quote ] them yet. :rofl:

spacerz
02-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Mtn Tow
Maybe in another two years I'll come back but I doubt it.

Peace.

G-ZUS
02-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by spacerz

Peace.

:werd:

ExtraSlow
02-27-2012, 08:24 PM
there are lots of great threads on beyond, it just so happens that yours don't seem to have that quality. There may be a common thread to all of them.

turbotrip
02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
i can tell you that crying about it on here is not the right way to go about it

sr20s14zenki
02-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Nobody gives a shit. Move along.

Disoblige
02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4y2031i9C1qcop3yo1_250.gif

kvg
02-27-2012, 09:07 PM
That was one hell of a weak rant. I think somebody needs a hug :dunno:

Tik-Tok
02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Lol, he even deleted most of his posts on the way out. That dude has some serious issues, I hope he eventually gets help.

JfuckinC
02-28-2012, 09:44 AM
ya isn't this his second time? :nut:

Ukyo8
02-28-2012, 09:53 AM
http://robdamanii.com/macros/wahmbulance.jpg

ercchry
02-28-2012, 09:59 AM
if you have an issue with EVERYONE... maybe YOU are the issue :dunno:

WhippWhapp
02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
if you have an issue with EVERYONE... maybe YOU are the issue :dunno:

Noooo... I think we are all fucked, but I'm not saying that I don't like it!

FraserB
02-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Lol, he even deleted most of his posts on the way out. That dude has some serious issues, I hope he eventually gets help.

Thats hilarious.:rofl:

ercchry
02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
i cant believe he never PM'd me :rofl:

kinda sad that i couldnt get him banned, i was aiming for a 1 retard/week ban ratio (scat was last week, you're welcome)

G-ZUS
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM

kinda sad that i couldnt get him banned, i was aiming for a 1 retard/week ban ratio (scat was last week, you're welcome)

Thank you, kind sir!

sr20s14zenki
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM

Hes gone? again? Finally. He will just come back as somebody else.

is he that fucking annoying IRL?

Isaiah
02-28-2012, 04:26 PM

Scat got banned again? Wonder what version will reincarnate next time.

But the scat came back the very next day.
The scat came back. They thought he was a gonner,
But the scat came back. He just couldn't stay away.

A790
02-28-2012, 04:50 PM

You weren't the reason scat was banned. :)

ercchry
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by A790

You weren't the reason scat was banned. :)

aweee :( , why couldnt you have just gave me this one :rofl:

zipdoa
02-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Wow. Nothing beats maddog though.

ercchry
02-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Wow. Nothing beats maddog though.

pst... maddog=dave

zipdoa
02-28-2012, 05:00 PM

pst... maddog=dave

NO WAI

A790
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM

aweee :( , why couldnt you have just gave me this one :rofl:
What I meant to say was that you weren't the only reason Scat was banned ;)

Graham_A_M
02-28-2012, 06:43 PM

pst... maddog=dave

You'd think so since his age demographic is much the same, but Maddog was straight pissed when he left and quite annoyed with Beyond. I remember his exiting rant....

so I kind of doubt its the same guy. C_dave came aboard much the same time as Maddog left so who knows... but.

Interesting that Scat got banned again, I thought he's shaped up quite a bit since the last ban but I guess not. :dunno:

Mibz
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Interesting that Scat got banned again, I thought he's shaped up quite a bit since the last ban but I guess not. :dunno: He did for the most part, but a couple bad strings of stupidity is all it takes when you're on your 3rd, 4th, 8th account.

Unknown303
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
He did for the most part, but a couple bad strings of stupidity is all it takes when you're on your 3rd, 4th, 8th account.

Is there a way to ban his mac address. Then he'd at least have to buy a new computer or start masking his mac address..

Graham_A_M
02-28-2012, 07:14 PM
^ There are countless, countless ways around IP address logging.
For these free download sites with a max number & size of downloads I use a browser called " Tor Browser". Its a free program that basically uses a version of Firefox but albeit highly modified. It scrambles your ID so its not traceable. Hackers use it a lot actually, and thats more or less how I found out about it. That way you can login to whatever; or download & view whatever and nobody really knows. The IP "address" Im currently "using" tells people Im from east Germany right now. Push the "new ID" button and it re-scrambles it to where ever else. You can do that an unlimited amount of times. The only bad thing is that its slower then typical internet since its re-routed through several servers for anonymity.

Yet thats just one avenue of many out there. :dunno:

ABOUT SCAT: Im kind of surprised this happened; I haven't seen any ban-worthy stuff come from him at all... sure is surprising.:dunno:

Shlade
02-28-2012, 09:23 PM
why did Scat get banned again?

A790
02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
why did Scat get banned again?
I got tired of him being lippy towards certain members. Personally attacking other members is against our TOS and I felt he had been given enough rope.

Mtn Tow
02-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by A790
Personally attacking other members is against our TOS

QOT

Too bad it doesn't apply across the board. I don't feel I did anything to really provoke attacks. If you don't like what i'm writing either don't read it or find a mature and constructive way to reply.

Bring up nasty incidents that happened a couple years ago and trolling every thread is bs. I got no time for that. I spend most of my time helping people who are stuck. You want to give someone a hard time, find someone that deserves it.

A790 either has way more patience than i would ever have or this place is so clique it might as well be private. Some of you seem like good guys but you gotta be kidding if you think its ok to talk shit like that. Grow up.

Type_S1
02-29-2012, 01:12 AM

QOT

Too bad it doesn't apply across the board. I don't feel I did anything to really provoke attacks. If you don't like what i'm writing either don't read it or find a mature and constructive way to reply.

Bring up nasty incidents that happened a couple years ago and trolling every thread is bs. I got no time for that. I spend most of my time helping people who are stuck. You want to give someone a hard time, find someone that deserves it.

A790 either has way more patience than i would ever have or this place is so clique it might as well be private. Some of you seem like good guys but you gotta be kidding if you think its ok to talk shit like that. Grow up.

I think we met once before...you were that girl in highschool crying about everything and causing drama. At least in person you had a nice rack to make up for all the gay bitching....

:burnout:

JfuckinC
02-29-2012, 01:24 AM
or this place is so clique

took you two usernames to catch that? :rofl:

Isaiah
02-29-2012, 02:44 AM

You'd think so since his age demographic is much the same, but Maddog was straight pissed when he left and quite annoyed with Beyond. I remember his exiting rant....

so I kind of doubt its the same guy. C_dave came aboard much the same time as Maddog left so who knows... but.

Definitely the same guy. I think he's even copped to it.

dirtsniffer
02-29-2012, 03:46 PM

Beyond was private for around 6 months. I thought it cleared most of the trolls. some are persistent though.

Mibz
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Given the age of Beyond I'm relatively new and I assure you that the only people who aren't welcome here are the people who exclude themselves.

Graham_A_M
02-29-2012, 04:40 PM

QOT

If this thread is about that 95 Thunderbird you seem so interested in; yeah I think thats the reason why you were "attacked". Even to a diehard Ford fanatic that car is a joke; for all the reasons said in that thread. :dunno:
Like I said in that thread: a serious interest in a 17 year old car that was never a luxury car nor a sports car to begin with makes a lot of people wonder on a car forum.

That and you really need to settle down. You came out of nowhere and quickly became a post whoring troll. Just settle down man, no one has a beef with you at all.... seriously.

Relax and take it all in stride. No need to have hard feelings, nor feel any yourself. Just take a weeks vacation or so and think of what was said.
You dont need to come on here and be a keyboard warrior, and you certainly dont need to feel all butt-hurt when people react to that; in such a way that you have to exile yourself from this forum.

Im also on this one hot-rodding forum and if you think the "razzing" is bad here for posting an off topic thing or question, you haven't seen anything yet. :nut:

CompletelyNumb
02-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

took you two usernames to catch that? :rofl:

http://jonfulk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cliques.jpg

:drama:

TheCheff
02-29-2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yolopey/245063794/lightbox/

A790
02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by TheCheff
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yolopey/245063794/lightbox/
Well played.

Kloubek
02-29-2012, 05:27 PM
so I kind of doubt its the same guy.

...then you'd be wrong. It's the same guy.

I do think he took some time off before he made his C_Dave account though...

C_Dave45
03-04-2012, 01:34 PM
HAHA....it's funny hearing the responses to me.

Yes it's the same guy. Originally I was Calgary Dave (banned for scalping Flames tickets). (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128065) Then came back as Maddog55 (When I got the "AcuraRSX hit n run thread going) (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1924421#post1924421). Hit n Run (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168264&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1).
Took off for a year and a half, June '08 (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2459319#post2459319) and came back as C-Dave45 (C_Dave stands for "Calgary Dave") Nov '09 (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=3153813#post3153813)
And yes I admitted it right from the start. Quite a few got it right away: TikTok, Frozenrice.. (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=3153715&highlight=maddog55#post3153715)

I took almost two years off before re-registering C_Dave, only because I kept getting emails and postings about my tilework and poker tables. Two years did me good. Came back refreshed and with new vigor.

At least I didn't run off saying "I'm never coming back..." and sign up 48 hours later. I've never seen so much commotion over someone leaving beyond, though, as I did when "Maddog" signed off. You guys had a lot of fun with that one. :rofl: It was very entertaining reading for awhile. I even got some emails shortly thereafter.

TomcoPDR
03-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
back as C-Dave45 (C_Dave stands for "Calgary Dave") Nov '09 (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=3153813#post3153813)

What does the 45 stand for???

zipdoa
03-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

http://www.christiangunowner.com/images/xd45compside.jpg

Sugarphreak
03-08-2012, 01:10 PM

JfuckinC
03-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

1945, the year he was born?

Kloubek
03-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Zing.

C_Dave45
03-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

1945, the year he was born?

lol...bastard.
No! Join date; 2009....I WAS 45!

M.alex
03-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

http://www.christiangunowner.com/images/xd45compside.jpg

:rofl: at your avatar :D

zipdoa
03-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

:rofl: at your avatar :D

Hey... I got nothin' but love for you. I knew you'd be a good sport. As a secondary benefit it keeps me motivated in the gym :love:

zipdoa
03-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Goodbye Mtn Tow

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407639_277838475612869_102338556496196_781481_83823208_n.jpg

Isaiah
03-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
HAHA....it's funny hearing the responses to me . . . I've never seen so much commotion over someone leaving beyond, though, as I did when "Maddog" signed off . . .
You must have missed the GTS Jeff commotion.

@ Zip: Solid gold avatar; you really have a knack for that.

zipdoa
03-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

You must have missed the GTS Jeff commotion.

@ Zip: Solid gold avatar; you really have a knack for that.

Thank our colorful forum members for the material. I am but the messenger.

Mtn Tow
05-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I don't know who the guy in the picture is but its not me.

Just thought i'd swing by and mention that in all the forums i've joined before and since 'beyond' i still have yet to find such an unpleasant group of douche bags as the people here that take it upon themselves to drive away traffic.

Not even when i try.

Of course there are some great people here as well and im sure i don't have to name names.

Ah well, see ya in the ditches... bitches. :rolleyes:

kvg
05-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Lurk much?

M.alex
05-04-2012, 01:48 AM
I don't know who the guy in the picture is but its not me.

Just thought i'd swing by and mention that in all the forums i've joined before and since 'beyond' i still have yet to find such an unpleasant group of douche bags as the people here that take it upon themselves to drive away traffic.

Not even when i try.

Of course there are some great people here as well and im sure i don't have to name names.

Ah well, see ya in the ditches... bitches. :rolleyes:

Why youz no want to be our friendz? :(

ExtraSlow
05-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Well fuck, this just ruined my day. I was really hoping he'd change his mind.