PDA

View Full Version : 2007+ Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L crd diesel

rizfarmer
03-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Looking for some feedback on local experience with these vehicles; specifically at mileage >100K.

How are dealerships at servicing these, or are there better alternatives to a stealership with this vehicle being diesel.

I've read about some turbo's needing replacement early in the vehicles life but haven't been able to find any discussion on these vehicles in our climate- common problems people are experiencing/feedback from local owners??

Sugarphreak
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM

ricosuave
03-02-2012, 04:55 PM
they have lots of electrical demons, id stay away

HO2S
03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
The turbo thing came from boost leaks and techs not knowing how to diagnose them. I havent heard of any injection problems yet. But they do have piezoelectric injectors, so its going to be expensive as shit to replace them. Commen rail injection is still fairly new and hasnt been abused to shit, so not too many problems have come out.
The only known problems that I know of, is the swirl valves like to come loose and wipe out the intake mainifold. There is recalls for a few bad brake calipers, and flashes for the ebcm and abs moduals. A few new engines had problem with main bearings, the tsb says the bearings will fail in the first 23 000km if your at 100 000km its not a problem.
IMO there good suv's. Ide buy one. and its the same engine/tranny that is in the sprinter, those get driven like rabid animals and there isnt than many problems with them.

sillysod
03-02-2012, 07:57 PM
It's a Mercedes engine that is used in a lot of euro vehicles, the problem is that people here don't understand diesels.

Diesel engines will last forever providing you take care of it (let them warm up, plug them in, let the turbo cool down). However diesel engines are don't take well to abuse.

Personally I love diesel vehicles, but I would never ever buy a USED diesel vehicle.