PDA

View Full Version : hey beyond foodies, where the heck should I go for dinner tonight?

dino_martini
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Do you guys know any restaurants that you consider to be good value for money? Or perhaps a new place you discovered that is really good? My girlfriend and I are open to pretty much any cuisine. We just are drawing a blank as to where we should go. Normally in this situation we'd go to Open Sesame for wasabi ribs and a trip through the Asian market, but I'm really not feeling it tonight.

bulaian
03-02-2012, 02:19 PM
What area of the city are you in, or how far are you willing to drive?

adidas
03-02-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/72/1446076/restaurant/Alberta/Paros-on-Main-Airdrie

Friend recommended this place the other day to me. Said its the best greek in Calgary & Area. Take note that this restaurant is located in Airdrie.

Try it out for urself and let us know what its like.

dino_martini
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm down in the Southwest by mount royal university. But I have no aversion to driving tonight. I drove all the way to Pacini a few weeks back so it doesn't matter to me.

lint
03-02-2012, 02:30 PM
have a look at this list. some good recommendations
http://www.avenuecalgary.com/restaurants/best-restaurants

supe
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Try boccavino for italian. Its the same owner as lina's supermarket next door so they get all their food fresh.

dannie
03-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Well.... I would suggest this:

http://www.downtowncalgary.com/the-big-taste

Go down the list to any of the set menus, and give it a go!

I couldnt figure out what we should do tomorrow night, so we are doing Escoba and then heading to Vertigo theater for their show. $33 per person for a theater production, you cant go wrong!

dino_martini
03-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by dannie
Well.... I would suggest this:

http://www.downtowncalgary.com/the-big-taste

Go down the list to any of the set menus, and give it a go!

I couldnt figure out what we should do tomorrow night, so we are doing Escoba and then heading to Vertigo theater for their show. $33 per person for a theater production, you cant go wrong!

Awesome idea. Totally forgot about the dining week thing. I've got a reservation for Ric's Grill tonight.

You're the freaking best Beyond

ekguy
03-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Try Pulcinella or Double 0 for some amazing pizza at either place.

I prefer pulcinella but Double 0 is pretty damn tasty as well. Know someone who worked at one and now works at the other.

Although I'd been going to Pulcinella for a long time before my friend started working in the kitchen there.

jsn
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Pulcinella is pretty decent, but Una, double zero, and without papers is supposed to be better from what I hear. I believe they're all neopolitan style pizza similar to pulcinella. I'll have to go check those out soon.

bignerd
03-14-2012, 09:38 AM
My pizza at Pulcinella was soggy and the mushrooms looked like they came out of can. Have been there twice and not going back. Double Zero was much better in my opinion.

Only thing good at Pulcinella is their calamari, the one that is not battered.

sexualbanana
03-14-2012, 02:21 PM
I love Baton Rouge in Quarry Park. The ribs are amazing.

XylathaneGTR
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
My pizza at Pulcinella was soggy and the mushrooms looked like they came out of can. Have been there twice and not going back.

I've been to Pulcinella twice. Both times, my pizza came out soggy as well and really did not taste like anything special. I gave it another try about 8 months later, only to have the same result.

The last time was in 2010 and I will never be going back.

I really enjoy Piq Niq from time to time.
You mentioned "value for your money" and I guess your satisfaction will depend on how you derive that...If you're just looking for volume of food, you probably wont be pleased, but the dining experience was good and I've always enjoyed every dinner I've had there.
You should check their website beforehand to see if anything is going on in Beat Niq that evening, as that can really add to the experience.