PDA

View Full Version : ZenOps sleeping on the job.

Ven
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Ooops I mean Rob Anders. :D

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/03/02/anders-committee-asleep-halifax.html

A Calgary MP who was caught sleeping in the House of Commons during Question Period last year is accused of doing it again.

Conservative Rob Anders slept through much of a veterans affairs committee meeting in Halifax on Tuesday, according to the head of a charity group that was there to make a presentation.

Calgary MP Rob Anders is accused of sleeping during a meeting about homeless veterans in Halifax. (CBC)
Anders arrived fifteen minutes late for the meeting, took a seat at the table and began to stretch and yawn, said Jim Lowther, president of Veterans Emergency Transition Services.

“And I look down again and he’s asleep. Like head bobbing asleep. Almost hitting his head off the table asleep,” said Lowther, whose organization was delivering a talk about its work helping homeless veterans.

The Tory MP slept for at least 20 minutes, Lowther said. “Everyone noticed.”

Anders has not responded to interview requests from CBC News. But he is quoted in other national media reports denying he slept at the meeting.

He also accused Lowther’s organization of being aligned with the opposition, a charge Lowther dismissed as nonsense. “Me personally, I'm a card-carrying card Conservative,” he said.

“If he'd just said, you know what guys I nodded off there. That would have been the end of it,” he said. Lowther said Anders, who is paid to be on the House of Commons committee, should resign.

“I’m sure there are other Conservative MPs that we can get on there that are really engaging and interested,” he said.

Last November a YouTube video of Anders nodding off in the House of Commons became an online sensation.

masoncgy
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
lol... what a guy. He's caught red handed and denies it... like, just say it happened and move on. You get so much more respect that way... look at Ralph Klein...

"Did you throw change at homeless people while you were drunk?"

"Yep."

*laughter from audience*

See? Perfect!

Ven
03-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
lol... what a guy. He's caught red handed and denies it... like, just say it happened and move on. You get so much more respect that way... look at Ralph Klein...

"Did you throw change at homeless people while you were drunk?"

"Yep."

*laughter from audience*

See? Perfect!

lol

CMW403
03-02-2012, 08:56 PM
hahaha what a guy

ZenOps
03-03-2012, 07:11 AM
“I’m sure there are other Conservative MPs that we can get on there that are really engaging and interested,” he said.

Haha, hes in there for good now. Noone would dare go up against him now as a rival OR a competitor. Its like, you could go up against a guy like that - but once you see him not only shooting enemies but also friendlies, that pretty much sets him in stone as a politician that will not be defeated.

IE: Once you see Khadafi shellacking his own people, thats the sign that you completely avoid him as an enemy, or a friend, or in any way shape or form possible.

You can have contempt for the homeless and students that need scholorships, but its his job to at least listen to their plea. Technically I thought he wasn't doing his job from day 1 (you can tell by the way he disregards anything that is not in Anne Coulters sewing circle)

Politican by rule of fear. Rob can sabotage your reputation in seconds.

littledan
03-03-2012, 03:27 PM
This guy has never heard of coffee? Wtf.