PDA

View Full Version : Calgary West: MLA Shiraz Sheriff recount.

ZenOps
03-03-2012, 07:17 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/03/01/calgary-west-riding-nomination-round-two.html

Don't know the guy personally, but he supposedly won the PC spot for Calgary West a month ago.

They are "doing a redo" on it... Hehe. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I think it came as a shock to PC party members that he won the first time.

Thaco
03-03-2012, 08:05 PM
i cant resist the typical beyond response here

"a brown guy cant be elected in the SW... maybe the NE, but definantly not the SW."

ZenOps
03-05-2012, 12:22 AM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/story_print.html?id=6247559&sponsor=curriebarracks

And the winner is: Ken Hughes.

"CALGARY — Former Alberta Health Services board chairman Ken Hughes has won the provincial PC nomination in a controversial second run of the vote in Calgary-West — an outcome analysts say could be a political liability for the ruling party in the upcoming election.

In a vote carefully overseen by party brass, almost 1,000 people cast a ballot Saturday in the Tory-stronghold race that saw Hughes pitted against DeVry dean of academic affairs Allan Ryan and former Calgary-McCall MLA Shiraz Shariff.

Shariff won the original Calgary-West contest on Jan. 21."

If you can't win the first time, just make everyone vote again.

CUG
03-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
[url]Call me a conspiracy theorist but...

Long ago, my friend.

I also believe this to be a brown-guy witch hunt, and I don't think it's fair.

black13
03-05-2012, 01:39 AM
I was rather surprise Shariff won the first round. But this whole re-voting thing seems way too sketchy. Its obvious Alison had promised Ken that riding.

I think its time Conservatives got the boot in Alberta.

BokCh0y
03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by black13

I think its time Conservatives got the boot in Alberta.

:werd:

And federally too.

Starting to be hardcore corrupt...

Tik-Tok
03-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

:werd:

And federally too.

Starting to be hardcore corrupt...

As opposed to the upright and honesty Liberals? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: They're all fucking corrupt. Just pick the one that seems the least corrupt at the time of the election.

The only way the Cons are getting booted out of Alberta, is if the Wildrose gets big enough. Too many people in O&G that are scared of what the Libs/NDP would do to them.

Toma
03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Conservatives will never lose redeneck "Don't Mess With Texas" Alberta republicans lol